Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS updates for Intel E0 stepping

Thanks

Re: BIOS updates for Intel E0 stepping

I have the IP35, Rev. 1.0 and I got my E8500 today, but i only have black screen if starting with the E8500 E0 -.- had the 18 bios, then tried Bios og this thread, but still black screen, had also resetet Bios, no result, has anyone an idea?

Thanks

Hi - I just managed to get a QX9770 (E0) working with the IP35 PRO (Ver 1.0, BIOS 18). The big thing is that i can't get into the BIOS. To make any changes that are not available from the uGURU software I have to take my QX9770 out and replace it with my ageing E6600, make the changes back and then replace the QX9770. I got the QX9770 free from work and I don't curently have the cash for a new P45 MB. I recommend going to the BIOS using a processor that you know will post and then ajdust the FSB and memory divider steppings to enable a stable boot and then try again. For me it is abit (get it!) scary knowing if I do a BIOS reset I have to do a processor swap twice to get the system running again. Better than nothing I guess.

Thanks
    • Lvcoyote's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA X79 FTW
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 3930K
      • Memory:
      • 4X4Gb G.SKill RipjawsZ DDR3 1866MHz
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 2 240Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • @X GTX 560 Ti Classified Ultra SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850Watt Professtional Series
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700D W/Window Side Panel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • eMachines & Hanns-G
      • Internet:
      • Onboard Marvell Yukon LAN

Quote Originally Posted by McGyver View Post
    I have the IP35, Rev. 1.0 and I got my E8500 today, but i only have black screen if starting with the E8500 E0 -.- had the 18 bios, then tried Bios og this thread, but still black screen, had also resetet Bios, no result, has anyone an idea?
    Get a new motherboard............
    EVGA X79 FTW, i7 3930K @ 4.5ghz, 4X4Gb G.Skill RipjawsZ 1866MHz, 2X EVGA GTX560 Ti Classified Ultra SLI, Corsair700D W/Window Side Panel, Corsair HX850W, OCZ Vertex 2 240Gb SSD, Seagate 320gb SATA II, Plextor Blu-Ray Burner, Apogee XT CPU Water Block, Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra Water Tank, Black Ice Extreme Radiator, Win 7 Pro x64

Lvcoyote's Blog Spot
    Heatware

Thanks

Does anyone know if the IN9-X32 MAX supported the Q9650 E0-Stepping? I use Bios 15 and I don't know if a new Bios to be released.

Thanks

Three of twelve

Thanks

Well Bios 18 saved my ass !

I bought a Q9550 for my abit ip 35 pro as the abit site said Bios V17 supported it. What a load of rubbish. Thanks to Bios 17 it didnt recognise it properly which meant Vista's device manager and other apps were also having problems with it.

Initially Vista was not even seeing the fact that I had 4 cores... instead it only saw 2 (I used to have a dual core before this). The fix to that was to run MSCONFIG. Go to boot options->advanced and unselect the number of processors you have, then select HAL Detection. Then reboot. After this, Vista should recognize your 4 cores properly. Only MSConfig after the reboot, and turn off the HAL Detection and select 4 cores instead.

Eventually stumbled upon this site, and tried bios 18.

My 9550 is now recognised by the Bios, but in Vista's device manager is was UNKNOWN PROCESSOR for each core. To fix this, uninstall the processor core and then reboot. Do this for each core. (4 reboots required)

And finally...... after hours of messing around I am here.

What a bloody journey.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I recently received a new chip from work, a QX9750. It is just like the QX9650 they tell me but is clocked to 3.16Ghz. I have the IP35 Pro MB and my work told me that if my board will work with the QX9650, it should work with the QX9750.

But it hasn't as of yet. I always get Error 87 immediately. I have unplugged everything but the necessary stuff with no changes. I flashed to BIOS v18 and it still doesn't work.

As far as the QX9750 is concerned, I haven't been able to find anything on the net but some Japan release notes. They talk about the chip being a Skulltrail processor. I don't know anything about Skulltraill, except the boards on Newegg mentioning it are really expensive.

Can anyone offer any advice for me?

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks

Hiya!

This might be bit silly thing to ask, but can you flash IP35P with the IP35 bios? It'd be nice to get a bios that'd offer hardware virtualization. I tried the v. 13 bios .bin from earlier in the thread, but awdflash gave me "unkown bios" error.

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ismercer View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I recently received a new chip from work, a QX9750. It is just like the QX9650 they tell me but is clocked to 3.16Ghz. I have the IP35 Pro MB and my work told me that if my board will work with the QX9650, it should work with the QX9750.

But it hasn't as of yet. I always get Error 87 immediately. I have unplugged everything but the necessary stuff with no changes. I flashed to BIOS v18 and it still doesn't work.

As far as the QX9750 is concerned, I haven't been able to find anything on the net but some Japan release notes. They talk about the chip being a Skulltrail processor. I don't know anything about Skulltraill, except the boards on Newegg mentioning it are really expensive.

Can anyone offer any advice for me?

Thanks,

Ian
    QX9750 is available only as an engineering sample for selected Intel staff to take home and has never/will never be sold. It is either E0 or E1 stepping meaning IP35 PRO is basically a no-go. I believe that the QX9650 is a C0/C1 part which means it should work with the IP35 pro. It is definitely not a Sculltrail processor (different Pin-Outs).

Thanks
    • Lvcoyote's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA X79 FTW
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 3930K
      • Memory:
      • 4X4Gb G.SKill RipjawsZ DDR3 1866MHz
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 2 240Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • @X GTX 560 Ti Classified Ultra SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850Watt Professtional Series
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700D W/Window Side Panel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • eMachines & Hanns-G
      • Internet:
      • Onboard Marvell Yukon LAN

Quote Originally Posted by kermi View Post
    Hiya!

This might be bit silly thing to ask, but can you flash IP35P with the IP35 bios? It'd be nice to get a bios that'd offer hardware virtualization. I tried the v. 13 bios .bin from earlier in the thread, but awdflash gave me "unkown bios" error.

Thanks!
    No...
    EVGA X79 FTW, i7 3930K @ 4.5ghz, 4X4Gb G.Skill RipjawsZ 1866MHz, 2X EVGA GTX560 Ti Classified Ultra SLI, Corsair700D W/Window Side Panel, Corsair HX850W, OCZ Vertex 2 240Gb SSD, Seagate 320gb SATA II, Plextor Blu-Ray Burner, Apogee XT CPU Water Block, Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra Water Tank, Black Ice Extreme Radiator, Win 7 Pro x64

Lvcoyote's Blog Spot
    Heatware

Thanks

Figured it'd be so, never hurts to make sure though.
    So i can pretty much forget about having hardware virtualization available on the system then..

Registered+
    Thanks

I wonder if we'll ever see official BIOS releases for unsupported CPU revisions
    I've send a question to tech support using the contact form on Abit's Global web page, but no response yet

btw why isn't this thread sticky?

Thanks
    • adidan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar Max
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 m.2 480Gb / 2xCrucial M500 1Tb0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX1080 Mini
      • PSU:
      • 750W EVGA G3
      • Case:
      • CM NR400 Noctua Redux filled
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p Iiyama XUB2792QSU

Quote Originally Posted by mhanor View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever see official BIOS releases for unsupported CPU revisions
    I've send a question to tech support using the contact form on Abit's Global web page, but no response yet
    Possibly, I have an AX78 and abit sent a beta bios for the phenom AM2+ releases and suggested that there may be a beta stage 2 bios in the lines to cover AM3.

I wouldn't give up hope, they may just be a tad slow, and for my board although they didn't have a release date they gave the impression an official release is in the pipelines.

I guess it all depends on the motherboard and the ones they plan to continue support for. Understandably, I guess they're limited on manpower.

Thanks

Hy
    Thank you for the E0 stepping bios update, but i would like to ask you if there will be any more updates for IP35 /(E), for R0 Stepping to support E7400, E7500, etc. processors.
    Thaks.

Thanks

E5300 is RO & it works with this BIOS.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks

hy Buff
    Sorry to burden you agan with the same question again, but then why doesn't my E7400 work on abit ip 35 dark raider with the bios up to date (including beta bios), it worked for a short period of time then nothing i belive the bios would't initilaze (no beep and no keyboard led flicker), and now i put my e2140 back?

P.S.: does someone have a abit ip 35 dark raider with E7400 in working condition?
    Thack you very much and have a nice day.

Thanks

Hi blackspider, I have the Dark Raider and the E7400, currently using BIOS 18, not got round to updating to the beta version that is at the start of this thread. Mine does recognize the CPU in the BIOS but the temp readings that it shows in the BIOS are high. Says it is running at 98C, had to update the temp overheat setting to stop the alarm. I've run CPUZ and it appears ok. Only thing missing is that the multiplier is not showing as 10.5. Hopefully the BETA version will sort this.
    By the way I have my OC to 3.4 at the moment and still stable. Just increasing gradually a little at a time.

Martin

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information