• -generic-
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7(x86) / Windows XP(x86) / Linuxmint
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell IN2030M
      • Internet:
      • Mobile Broadband

Re: BIOS updates for Intel E0 stepping

Tried to use a Q9550 E0 stepping with Abit IP35-Pro. the system doesn't post, instead it shows 87 post code.
    Any help fellas.

Thanks

Can you double-check the link for the IP35 Pro XE? It doesn't seem to be working. Thanks!

Thanks
    • Sirvival's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro XE
      • CPU:
      • E2140@3,2 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4 gig Gskill
      • Storage:
      • 2*Fujistu MAU 15k Raid 0 U320 + Segate 320gig Barracuda SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT (G92)
      • PSU:
      • 400 Watt Bequiet
      • Case:
      • Noname Bigtower
      • Operating System:
      • WXP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"

Hi,
    I got a IP35 Pro XE.
    Previously I used a Pentium E2140@3,2Ghz.
    Now I made an "upgrade" to a E8400 C0 Stepping.
    I choose the C0 instead of E0 on purpose to be on the save side with the temperatur readings.

The Problem is now that the CPU seems to have a temp of 21°C in Windows and 3°C in the Bios.
    In Windows it also throttles all the time and does stay in the lowest multiplier.

I had the # 10 Bios.
    I tried the # 11 "official"
    I tried the # 11 E0.

How can I solve the problem?
    Or could it be that the E8400 is broken?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhanor View Post
    Here's an Abit IP35 and IP35-E BIOS fix. It's based on the last beta BIOS (for the Intel E0 stepping). The fixed issue: VT-x is disabled after resuming from S3 sleep, if there ever was a system reboot/reset, before entering standby. I have tested it on my IP35-E board, but I can't be held responsible for any kind of damages that may occur.<SNIP>
    I have a problem with an abit ip35e that may be related to this issue, but before proceeding I was hoping you can tell me if I'm going in the right path. I am using the modded bios from bios-mods to build a system with Yosemite on it, and thats with a Xeon E5420 that is reporting temperature correctly. The problem I'm having is that the system will not enter sleep- not S1, not S3, not in any OS. Is there a known issue in my system combination, eg IP35e, the ip35e-beta18-ahci beta bios, xeon e54xx- and would your fix apply to my problem? if not, are there any suggestions you can offer?

Thanks

BIOS updates for Intel E0 stepping

Im not sure because I havent updated my BIOS since setting up my RAID. Guess Ill find out soon enough since I hear a new BIOS for my Maximus is in the works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexplatform View Post
    I have a problem with an abit ip35e that may be related to this issue, but before proceeding I was hoping you can tell me if I'm going in the right path. I am using the modded bios from bios-mods to build a system with Yosemite on it, and thats with a Xeon E5420 that is reporting temperature correctly. The problem I'm having is that the system will not enter sleep- not S1, not S3, not in any OS. Is there a known issue in my system combination, eg IP35e, the ip35e-beta18-ahci beta bios, xeon e54xx- and would your fix apply to my problem? if not, are there any suggestions you can offer?
    Two years later, just chiming in that I'm seeing this as well. Pulled the old ip35-e out of the closet and got an x5460. Took the ahci+oprom beta bios, added microcodes, and applied the vt-x suspend patch. The system *will* go into s3 suspend. However, it won't resume properly. It does a double boot, and then "resumes" via connected standby (s3 turned into hibernate). Haven't tried disabling vt-x, but I didn't originally have the vt-x patch and it failed in the same manner.

I did pick up a free celeron e1200 I can test with (I know s3 did work in the past years ago).

With the overclocked xeon, it does seem to double boot regardless of whether I cut power or not. Maybe a bsel mod to 400 would fix that.

Otherwise, the x5460 does 4ghz with 1.25v actual and is hard to keep tamed with a cm hyper 212+ (p95 drives it up to 80'c). It was manageable with a dtek fuzion water block, but I'm trying to keep the pump free for another project. 9.5x400=3800 is doable with 1.18v actual (requires additional vcore as well due to droop/drop)

Registered+
    Thanks

The IP35 BIOS has an issue that affects how it handles RAM initialization (among other things), with these CPUs. That's why it's double-booting and S3 resume is impossible.
    I have looked at the BIOS code, but it's too complex for me and I don't know how to debug it step-by-step. I still have my IP35-E and an E5450 CPU, which I've never really used, except for tests, because of the double-boot event which happens with every system reboot. I even bought a spare BIOS chip and a simple 80h debug card, to be able to play with the BIOS code and recover when needed.

Thanks

After a LOT of search and try more than 10 different Bios I found the REAL SOLUTION to the Abit IP35 Pro issue when use E0 Stepping (for example with Q9550). You need to use this bios!! (the v20 Beta): Search in the web the name "IP35Pro_20_beta.zip".
    Sorry I dont have 5 post so I cant share any link yet.
    Thats the only Bios that really works!! (The Beta V18 dont work for me).
    See here (replace the xx):
    hxxp://soggi.eu/files/motherboards/bios/abit/IP35Pro_20_beta.zip

Thanks

IP-35 Pro bios 20 seems fake, dated after abit closed - currently doing s771 bios mod

Quote Originally Posted by pedroarg View Post
    After a LOT of search and try more than 10 different Bios I found the REAL SOLUTION to the Abit IP35 Pro issue when use E0 Stepping (for example with Q9550). You need to use this bios!! (the v20 Beta): Search in the web the name "IP35Pro_20_beta.zip".
    Sorry I dont have 5 post so I cant share any link yet.
    Thats the only Bios that really works!! (The Beta V18 dont work for me).
    See here (replace the xx):
    hxxp://soggi.eu/files/motherboards/bios/abit/IP35Pro_20_beta.zip
    I've been working on a project to change my IP-35 Pro E8400 E0 system over to a 771 Xeon L5420 C0 stepping. As you might suspect, there's some issues with the bios cpu microcode updates. Basically, when I throw in the 45 nm set of microcodes using the delidded.com instructions for award bios, I'm finding that the versions of the bios after 16beta01 will work with the 771 pin-swapped Xeon but the CPU temp is reported as 60C+ and it double-boots and resets most of the uGuru panel to the defaults each restart. Under the 45 nm microcode-modified 14, 16beta01, and 16beta03 the CPU temps report in the lower 30C range, which is likely right for my L5420 (that agrees with realtemp). Oddly, under that modified version of 14 that was running OK and saving the uguru settings for my Xeon and had microcode added for my E0 E8400, I found the E8400 was running and saving just fine but the CPU temp reported as 127C. Despite what was in the bios notes, I found 1/2 step multipliers appeared in bios version 16 (and 16beta 09 was the first beta it appeared).

That's not really the point, i just wanted to respond that there were no changes to the cpu microcodes between the beta for 18/18zzz Ligushka modded version or the reported soggi beta 20, at least according to microcode tools. I tried both the 18beta and reported 20 bios from soggi website (direct linking won't work, google soggi and abit) and the only difference I observed was the bios splash screen replaced the 00) B05 of the 18beta with 00) 020.

If you want to retain fan curves/overclock settings with a 771 Xeon (at least the 10676 L5420 SLARP I have) I think you have to stay at (or possibly below bios 14 or 16beta01) and that means you give up 1/2 multipliers and perhaps some other fixes. My E8400 was doing OK with 45 nm 2010 microcode updates to the 18 beta though.

Despite what folks are saying about S3 sleep issues, I'm finding my computer to sleep fine with the 14/16beta01 45 nm modded bios and the xeon. Maybe S3 issues weren't present until later (or Win7 media center is using a different sleep than s3 when it powers down and then starts up to record something).

Still happy to keep this motherboard going after all these years and hope to share the bios when I put in the 2015 microcodes.

Thread Information