Thread: Abit ix48 gt3 hotfoot bios needed

Registered+
    Thanks

Angry Abit ix48 gt3 hotfoot bios needed

CAN ANYONE BEKIND ENOUGH TO INFORM ME OF WHERE I WILLBE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD BIOS FOR A IX48/ICHR GT3 HOTFOOT

THE BOARD DOES NOT HAVE A BIOS CHIP TO REMOVE (AS PER OTHER ABIT BOARDS SUCH AS AW9D MAX) AND THE AREA OF WHERE I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED TO SEE A BIOS SOCKET IS SIMPLY BLANK.

THERE IS A REMOVABLE CHIP NEXT TO THE CMOS BATTERY BUT IT IS SMALLER TRHAN THE ONE I AM FAMNILIALR WITH.

I ORDERED A REPLACEMENT CHIP FROM A FIRM IN WALES WHO SENT ME A ITEM WHICH WAS IDENTICAL TO THE @NORMAL@ SIZE MENTIONED ABOVE.

I TOLD THE FIRM THAT IT WAS NOT THE CORERCT ONE AND THEY JUST FLOBBED ME OFF BY SAYING THERE IS NO BIOS CHIP FOR THE MB (DISPITE THEM MARKETING IT ON EBAY)

THEY SAID MY MB HAD IX48-MAX PRINTED ON THE BOARD AND MY QUESTION TO THEM OR ANYONE ELSE IS @WHATS IS THE DIFFERENCE ? I THOUGHT ABIT HAD ONE MB MODEL 1X48 GT3 ..SO THE FACT THAT THE MB HAS IX49-MAX TIGERFORCE IS JUST MAKING ME MORE CONFUSED

I WOULD BE GREATFUL IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME IF A BIOS DOWN LOAD LINK IS STILL AVAILABLE AS WE ALL KNOW THAT ABIT WENT TITS UP !

THANKS

Thanks
    • Bambooz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix X470-F
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X + AnfiTec Drei
      • Memory:
      • 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (E-Die) DDR4-3200 @ 3600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SM961 (= 960 Pro) 512GB NVMe (OS) + 2TB Micron 1300 (games) + 2x 8TB WD Red (cold storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB (under EK Fullcover block)
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Platinum Fanless 520W (SS-520FL2)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Arc XL
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 LTSC 2019
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S27D850T (27" 1440p) + 2x Samsung 2333T (23" 1080p)
      • Internet:
      • VDSL 100/40mbps

Re: Abit ix48 gt3 hotfoot bios needed

Quote Originally Posted by fatslag View Post
    I WOULD BE GREATFUL IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME IF A BIOS DOWN LOAD LINK IS STILL AVAILABLE
    I'd be grateful if you stopped screaming in all caps..

ftp://91.121.194.115/pub/download/bios/ix48gt3/

The confusion about what board you actually have might be Abit's fault. They've relabelled quite a few boards merely by putting a sticker with the new name over the silkscreen on the board. Good example for that is the Abit IP43 .. every single one of them has the model marking on the board as a sticker. If you pull that sticker off, the board magically turns into a Abit IP45!

AFAIK, the IX48-MAX never got released.. It was announced all the time, but never actually made it to the market. They might have pulled off something similar to the IP43 crap above, using the IX48-MAX PCB's, slapping a IX48-GT3 sticker on and leaving out some extra features to recycle the IX48-MAX PCBs they had already produced at that point (which would've ended up as scrap otherwise).

That's my theory at least. And it's backed up by the fact that the official promo photos of the IX48-GT3 are (badly) photoshopped versions of the IX48-MAX photos.

Here's the IX48-MAX http://91.121.194.115:81/IX48-MAX_Top.jpg
    ..and the IX48-GT3 http://91.121.194.115:81/IX48-GT3_Top.jpg

Here's the only difference in the entire photo (ignore compression artifacts). Even the number on the barcode is the same.. and the screw positions of the fan etc.
    http://91.121.194.115:81/IX48.gif
    Funny how they "removed" the PCIe Slot latch.. probably was in the way to the guy editing the photo lol

edit2: Unless the cover thingy on the chipset fan has "MAX" embossed, it's a GT3
    Last edited by Bambooz; 10-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks

Just to reiterate, using all caps just makes text harder/slower to read (which is why modern British road signs stopped using all caps) and makes it look like spam.

If the chip you bought was sold as a replacement BIOS and it doesn't work, it's been mis-sold so you should be entitled to a refund.

Do you have a photo of the removable chip on your motherboard, or could you post what's printed on it to help identification.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watercooled View Post
    Just to reiterate, using all caps just makes text harder/slower to read (which is why modern British road signs stopped using all caps) and makes it look like spam.

If the chip you bought was sold as a replacement BIOS and it doesn't work, it's been mis-sold so you should be entitled to a refund.

Do you have a photo of the removable chip on your motherboard, or could you post what's printed on it to help identification.
    Thank you for your consideration and information regarding this issue. I have checked the copper retention plate over the main chipset heatsink and it does not have the embedded MAX so I will assume it is a GT3.

Thanks
    • l0ngst4r's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Premium
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E7200 2800MHz@3200MHz
      • Memory:
      • 4*1Gb DDR2 800MHz
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb Sata2 Hitachi + 2000Gb Sata2 Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS 512Mb
      • PSU:
      • 420W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Antec SX1030B
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 940ux, Delium LM 1907
      • Internet:
      • Sky ADSL 5Mb down/700kb up

Hello fatslag, any results on this? I'm struggling to get my beloved X48 GT3 working again, it won't start, and the bios code display shows only one zero instead of two as it used to under power before switch on. Figured it may need a bios chip replace, found the same seller and now reading your thread it may be not such a good idea..

Thread Information