Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTC One vs. SGS4

Thanks

Re: HTC One vs. SGS4

I switched from S3 to HTC Butterfly S. IMHO I feels that HTC's quality (finishing, material, HTC sense UI, buttons) is better than Samsung.

BTW anyone know where I can buy mobile accessories online? Any shops to recommend?

Thank you.

Thanks

Question Re: HTC One vs. SGS4

Quote Originally Posted by powerfulguy View Post
    I switched from S3 to HTC Butterfly S. IMHO I feels that HTC's quality (finishing, material, HTC sense UI, buttons) is better than Samsung.

BTW anyone know where I can buy mobile accessories online? Any shops to recommend?

Thank you.
    I found one mobijoystore.com via google. Anyone bought case from them before? Any review on this mobijoystore.com/shop-by-brands/otterbox-case-and-cover/otterbox-commuter-series-case-for-htc-one-glacier.html case? Can it fit my HTC butterfly S?

Anyone?

Registered+
    Thanks
    I got an HTC One a few weeks ago, the build quality is very good and I am very happy with it. I got the black model rather than the silver model and the black one does show up fingerprints etc on the back. However, I have put it in a case so its not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by powerfulguy View Post
    I found one mobijoystore.com via google. Anyone bought case from them before? Any review on this mobijoystore.com/shop-by-brands/otterbox-case-and-cover/otterbox-commuter-series-case-for-htc-one-glacier.html case? Can it fit my HTC butterfly S?

Anyone?
    I bought an Otterbox Commuter case for my HTC One and can recommend the case, it is easy to fit and does a good job of protecting the phone. I got mine from Amazon UK for £11.99p brand new with free delivery, they will probably have the Otterbox Commuter case in stock for your model of HTC.

I have also used an Otterbox Commuter case on an iPhone 5 and found it to be a good case for that phone.

Registered+
    Thanks

I've had my HTC one since May this year and I couldn't be happier with it. Superior build quality to the Samsung for sure and with the inclusion of Beats Audio with the front facing speakers, well it's a fantastic feature.

The case I'm using is a Poetic Atmospheric ordered from Amazon and it gives a nice frosted see through look to phone while not adding much bulk

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Jack Foz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 6300
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Kingston SSD Now, Seagate 1TB Hybrid 8GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 670 OC
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone Strider Essential 700W Enterprise
      • Case:
      • NZXT Phantom 410
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ GL2450HM 24 inch
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media "Super Hub"

Personally I would go with the HTC One, I don't like the Samsung's adaptation of Android and I HATE plastic phones with passion. The HTC One's speakers are top notch and it feels so thin with the curved back.

Thanks

Personally, I would stick with the S3. I wonder how relevant the "superior build quality" of the HTC is. I've dropped the S3 a few times, including once when it slipped out of my pockets when riding a bicycle. Still no damage where it matters. But MicroSD, removable battery is important to me (unless they put a big fat battery), and as I understand, the S4 also has a setting for using with gloves (though I wonder how well it works - it's not some special screen technology but some super sensitivity setting as far as I understand. That covers 3 of 4 features I'd like on a phone. The 4th feature would be waterproof up to 1m, but I guess that might conflicts with my desire for removable battery.

Registered+
    Thanks

I prefer s4, but i feel that the htc one has a much better look. So it really depends on if you want to hold a nice looking phone or if you want the have the best spec'd phone.

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm much the same as the guys above. I've got the S4 but much prefer the looks of the HTC One. Software wise I root and replace with CyanogenMod so Touchwiz/Sense doesn't come into it. I think overall I prefer having the removable battery and SD card on the S4 though.

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by tavalin View Post
    I'm much the same as the guys above. I've got the S4 but much prefer the looks of the HTC One. Software wise I root and replace with CyanogenMod so Touchwiz/Sense doesn't come into it. I think overall I prefer having the removable battery and SD card on the S4 though.
    Agree with this
    JABULANI NONKE

Registered+
    Thanks

I own and love the S4 but the HTC One is such a superior quality handset. I wanted the bigger screen and, IMO, better screen of the S4, but missed out on speaker quality. HTC One is probably the one I'd recommend though.

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

I got both. Screen wise and obviously sd card s4 all the way. But everything else is close except for all the rubbish add ons with the s4.
    JABULANI NONKE

Thanks
    • Jowsey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock H81M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1230V3
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 770 DCUII 2GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova GS 550 watt
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv ITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

I own the HTC One for many of the same reasons people have stated here. It's build quality is marvellous and the feel of the phone in your hand is really nice. The battery has never let me down, I've always made it to the end of the day but I feel most phones can do this now. Regarding software I also rooted my One and installed a near stock rom and the thing goes like its been kicked. I've also never struggled with memory, I ~26 gb available for me with the Onedroid rom installed however i'm now going on a really long journey where I won't have 3g signal so I'm going to load my phone up with music and films and stuff (all at a minimum 720p of course! Got to make good use of that LOVELY 1080p screen) but I'm obviously going to run out of room. I'm looking at a minimum of 30gb of content. My solution, whilst not very beautiful, was to purchase a 32gb usb and a usb OTG cable. So in a pinch there always is a way around things! Either phone is a good choice (though one is a better choice...)

Thread Information