Thread: Chinapadmall.com is a SCAM. Don't buy there

Thanks

Exclamation Chinapadmall.com is a SCAM. Don't buy there

Hi.

I want to tell you my experience with the online store Chinapadmall.com to warn you and prevent you from buying there.

On April 17th (almost three months ago) I made an order at Chinapadmall.com ​​to buy the smartphone UMI X2 , which was still a month or so ago from being available.

On May 24th they sent me an email claiming that the gray model was available and that they could send it if I accepted but I would have to wait a couple of days more if I wanted the white one (which I had ordered). I replied saying I'd rather wait and I expected them to send it within a week at the latest.

But weeks gone by and I had no news of them. So on June 16th I sent them an email asking if they had finally shipped my phone. They replied saying that they had supply problems (which I believed after searching a bit on the Internet) and asking me to change the smartphone model to an Iocean X7. Seeing that the phones were similar and tired of waiting, I replied accepting the offer. They replied two days later, confirmed the change and ensured that they would send the Iocean X7 in the next days.

Since that day (June 23) I have not heard a word from chinapadmall.com. I sent them 6 emails to different addresses and there is no way to get a response to know what has happened with my order. To make matters worse, since the dispute has taken more than 45 days, I am no longer able to complain to PayPal and cancel my order.

Three months after I paid $300 I am without a phone, without my money and with no explanation! That's why you should not buy at chinapadmall.com

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

Re: Chinapadmall.com is a SCAM. Don't buy there

Really sorry to hear it mate, you need to be more careful with these sorts of places though. Anything cheap, imported and Chinese needs to be treated with the fact that you are happy to loose the money with poor quality goods, or suspicious financial guarantees. Any foreign website I go with that in mind.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know what Spanish consumer protection laws are like, or whart recourse you may have through your payment method (credit card?).

I also note that you have made identical posts on several other forums.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

did you pay with your credit card? You can get your money back that way

Thanks

Hi guys,

On May 2013, I've ordered UMI X2 from chinapadmall for €237.8 (=
    323.39 USD). Actually first I ordered it from Pandawill (great website, great service) but I canceled the order because one day later I saw on this website CHINAPADMALL UMI X2 Turbo version (MTK6589T instead of MTK6589) and ordered from there. Of course CHINAPADMALL lied to let people like me buy from them. There was actually no Turbo version at that time.

Two months later I received standard version of UMI X2 (not the Turbo version of course) with defects: screen had bright annoying dot on it and I couldn’t transfer data from phone to pc, and contacted CHINAPADMALL to inform them about defects and ask what to do next. They told me to send the device back for replacement. They wouldn’t return my money back. So I had no other choice and did what they said. (paid:
    25+ EURO = (34 USD) to send it back)

Two months later, package was arrived to their local post office. I sent a lot of e-mails to CHINAPADMALL to inform them and to ask them to go and pick it up, but they never did. Post office could also not deliver the package. After two unsuccessful deliveries, China Post decided to ship the package back to me. In november 2013, I recieved the package. Then I contacted CHINAPADMALL again to let them know that I was disapointed (like they gave a (MOD edit : veiled swearing is not on) about my disappointment) about their customer service and that I have to send it to them for the second time if they are going to be more responsible. They said that I can send it for the second time if I would like to. So I paid again 25+ EURO's (34 USD) to send it.

Package arrived this month (2014) at their local post office.

When I saw that on tracking website, I sent e-mail to CHINAPADMALL to inform them and to tell them to be more responsible this time. They told me that they will pick it up as soon as they can.
    Luckily, few days later they had the package.

[B]In total I lost +- 390 USD (+- 290 EUR) + 50 EURO Custom tax (so in total 340 EURO's = 465 USD!!!) and more than 7 months time, and didn't use the device once. Now for that money I could buy octa-core phone or one of the best branded powerfull smartphones from trusted Chinese stores and could save more then 100 EURO for other stuff!!

I’m still asking CHINAPADMALL to refund my money or send me a new phone, but they are not responding to it. Only yesterday they said short:

“If we replace new device for you, then how to do with this old device. We can not re-sell it after repaired it.”

Normaly, if you buy a product from somewere, and product is broken or whatever, you bring it back to the shop where you bought it within one week or 14 days and get your money back or get replaced gadget. That is exactly what I did, I sent it within few days back to them. Which seller is going to say something like: ‘What the hell I’m supposed to with broken device’? NOT A SINGLE SHOP WILL SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT. But CHINAPADMALL did.

You can read on their website below on the page ‘Guarantee policy’:

5) How about the refund policy?
    Second, For the problems caused by Chinapadmall, We will issue a complete or partial refund for the items if the clients do not agree on replacement or repairing. The problems include quality problem, mal function or miss delivery.......Please be noticed that all Chinapadmall products have 7 days return period (from client receiving the package to the client returning us) before being non-eligible for complete or partial refund. Please contact our customer service or live Support as soon as you find any problem after you receiving the products to avoid any postpone of better solution.

That’s exactly what I did. But they don’t give a (MOD edit : veiled swearing is not on) about customers. Refunding?? They will not even talk about refunding. They don't even want to replace the device even they claimed to do it before, in their e-mails.

So what they have written there is just bull (MOD edit : veiled swearing is not on). They don't want to respond to my e-mails with good arguments. Because they know that they can’t answer.

I want my money back because I never used this phone, or I want to chose for the price I paid other smartphone from their website.

Today I got e-mail that, they sent broken UMI X2 to factory to fix it. Again, I don't want fixed old phone. I had never chance to use it because It was traveling the world for 6-7 months. Even if I had, device is defect from the box.

So dear friends, NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LIARS AND CHEATERS, FROM CHINAPADMALL(.)COM !!!
    If you receive defect product from them, you will never be able to replace it and you will never be able to get your money back. Be informed.

Sorry for my bad English, but I think you'll understand my message.
    Last edited by g8ina; 29-01-2014 at 05:41 PM. Reason: MOD edit : veiled swearing is not allowed

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

This has also been posted on several other forums.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thread Information