Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2x8GB) T-Force Dark Pro
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 970EVO M.2, 1TB 850EVO + many others
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Straight Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240D v2 + Dell (both @1920x1200)
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Quote Originally Posted by usxhe190 View Post
    I think you should buy another case so that Antec knows their case suck.
    Its not the case that sucks, its just the display. The case itself is excellent, if it wasnt I wouldnt have bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL
    Gunna go through the RMA for the LCD rather than returning it again and again... lets see how that turns out...
    Please post what happens. I would be really interested in how the "repaired" display performs when you get it back. Thanks!
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro
    HTPC: AthlonX2 5050e,M4A78-EM,AntecFusion,8GB RAM,ATi3200,32"Sony TV,W7x64Pre

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbuket View Post
    Please post what happens. I would be really interested in how the "repaired" display performs when you get it back. Thanks!
    I will do, assuming I can get anyone at Antec to actually read any emails and get a response.

Haven't had much joy yet, so far no response to the latest support ticket (no surprise there!).

It would be interesting to know how on earth this case got to retail in this state....

Still, I'll keep bumping until there is at least some explanation from Antec... I suspect this thread will be going some time yet.

Regards
    M
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 03-11-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks

Its not the case that sucks, its just the display. The case itself is excellent, if it wasnt I wouldnt have bought it.
    Fine to say the display sucks but it is stuck to the case. Why buy something flawed when you have alternatives? You guys really love Antec.

Thanks

Fine to say the display sucks but it is stuck to the case.
    Indeed, though it's not stuck, you can remove it.

Why buy something flawed when you have alternatives?
    I haven't found one that I like the looks of. Of the few that meet my needs, they don't have a CD/DVD "flap" so the front of the drive has to poke out, spoiling the look.

At least with the crap LCD I can turn it off for the moment. I suspect it'll need a complete replacement though, it's really unbearably bad.

Do you have a suggestion in mind?

You guys really love Antec.
    I did but I'm rapidly going off them.

I already stopped buying Antec PSU's in favour of Corsair ones because of the abysmal (see non-existant) support.

This will likely be the last Antec case I will ever buy, for the same reason. Though I would still like an explanation of how such a monumental cock-up could make it's way to retail without anyone noticing.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 03-11-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyL View Post
    Indeed, though it's not stuck, you can remove it.

I haven't found one that I like the looks of. Of the few that meet my needs, they don't have a CD/DVD "flap" so the front of the drive has to poke out, spoiling the look.

At least with the crap LCD I can turn it off for the moment. I suspect it'll need a complete replacement though, it's really unbearably bad.

Do you have a suggestion in mind?

I did but I'm rapidly going off them.

I already stopped buying Antec PSU's in favour of Corsair ones because of the abysmal (see non-existant) support.

This will likely be the last Antec case I will ever buy, for the same reason. Though I would still like an explanation of how such a monumental cock-up could make it's way to retail without anyone noticing.
    I am not sure what you like but I think given the fact that Antec sells a case with a shoddy LCD, you should try to find a case that doesn't sell LCD or uses touchscreen/VFD if you still want a screen. I guess its your preference if you can't find something else vs. this one with crap LCD.

Thanks

I am not sure what you like but I think given the fact that Antec sells a case with a shoddy LCD, you should try to find a case that doesn't sell LCD or uses touchscreen/VFD if you still want a screen.
    Indeed, couldn't agree more. Unfortunately the vast majority of cases use the same LCD (though other manufacturers don't appear to have the problems evident on Antec cases), and all the touchscreen cases I've seen also use a panel by Soundgraph. Given previous experience I don't think I'd trust it.

I guess its your preference if you can't find something else vs. this one with crap LCD.
    Indeed, a dilemma.

Regards
    M

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Fine to say the display sucks but it is stuck to the case. Why buy something flawed when you have alternatives? You guys really love Antec.
    No, I dont love Antec. Please dont try to side track this thread in to an argument just because you are bored (*cough* troll?).

In my opinion there is (or was when I bought it) no equivant alternative case. To get the same boxes (I wanted) ticked I would have had to pay two or three times the price for a case. And, before you suggest it, no we should not accept the bad display because of the price point. When this case was first released (at the same price point) it had a much clearer display.

From what I understand the display was changed because the original one couldnt show extended character set letters and so now it can display text in many more languages. Great idea, except nobody can actully read the display at all now unless you stick your head directly in front of it less than a meter away...

Antec should at least change their advertising so that the display is shown as just a big pink square (as it is in real life).

Lets remember here that the display in this case used to work. Antec chose to change it for one that is almost useless. Its not the customers problem that they chose to do this and keep the old advertising pictures showing the old display (i.e. not a big pink square).
    2700X,X470 Taichi,Silverstone Fortress 2,16GB RAM, SSDx3, HDDx4,GTX970 G1 Gaming,24"x2(1xIPS,1xTFT),W10x64Pro

Thanks

No, I dont love Antec. Please dont try to side track this thread in to an argument just because you are bored (*cough* troll?).

In my opinion there is (or was when I bought it) no equivant alternative case. To get the same boxes (I wanted) ticked I would have had to pay two or three times the price for a case. And, before you suggest it, no we should not accept the bad display because of the price point. When this case was first released (at the same price point) it had a much clearer display.

From what I understand the display was changed because the original one couldnt show extended character set letters and so now it can display text in many more languages. Great idea, except nobody can actully read the display at all now unless you stick your head directly in front of it less than a meter away...

Antec should at least change their advertising so that the display is shown as just a big pink square (as it is in real life).

Lets remember here that the display in this case used to work. Antec chose to change it for one that is almost useless. Its not the customers problem that they chose to do this and keep the old advertising pictures showing the old display (i.e. not a big pink square).
    Weird comment about me being bored. Just don't understand why you would want to buy something that you know has a defect.

Anyways, are you talking about the case when it first had the VFD or the LCD? If so, the technology is different.

Cheers, from the bored (*cough*) troll(?)

Thanks

Cheers, from the bored (*cough*) troll(?)
    The real issue here is the complete lack of any sort of response or indeed *any* help or comment from the Antec reps on this forum. They really appear to be completely useless. Lots of "we're on it", never any actual responses though. Not at all good.

So, after filling in my RMA request and going through the XL hassles yet again, I finally get a number and am asked to return the item to Holland... hmmm.

Unfortunately, the cost of returning is more than 10% of the cost of the item in the first place. I don't really see why I should bear the cost of goods that the manufacturer can't be bothered to produce correctly and were delivered as faulty.

So it's either back to the retailer to go through the return replace option until they run out (since they're all faulty), or just do the work that Antec should have done in the factory and install the filter myself.

Can't decide what to do yet.

I won't be buying Antec again in any shape or form. I will be emailing the upper management of Antec to express my disgust at their standard of support and visually impaired QA staff. Perhaps if they read this thread we might actually get a response!

So, Antec reps Frank & Veronica, are we ever going to get a response as to why this case is such a pile of garbage the second it leaves the factory?

All in all a sorry and totally avoidable state of affairs.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 10-11-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks

Also noticed this review of other Antec LCD products in the Veris range:-

http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi..._premier/2.htm

You will notice that the LCD is not white on black as per the promotional photo's, but is infact cyan on pink (exactly like my Fusion LCD).

Looks like all Antec Veris products that contain this LCD are faulty.

I think someone at Antec needs to get their eye's checked!

Thanks

that's because they all use the negative blue LCD rather than the negative white LCD that is shown in the Soundgraph website.

No idea why Antec just doesn't ask Soundgraph to give them the negative white LCD to fix the problem.

Thanks

that's because they all use the negative blue LCD rather than the negative white LCD that is shown in the Soundgraph website.
    I have a negative blue one in a different case to the Fusion Max (my mATX one), it doesn't look anything like these displays, it looks... blue!

This is negative pink ... or ... something.

No idea why Antec just doesn't ask Soundgraph to give them the negative white LCD to fix the problem.
    Soundgraph claim there's nothing wrong with the LCD's and that Antec just buggered up the manufacture by ommiting a filter. I guess they made alot and would rather their customers bear the cost of sorting it out than doing the right thing and recalling them.

Thanks
    • Ironbuket's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AMD X470 Taichi
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Zen

Anyways, are you talking about the case when it first had the VFD or the LCD? If so, the technology is different.
    Yes the VFD. Yes a VFD is not an LCD. So? Does that mean its OK to swap it for something that doesnt work properly?

Hi, is that BMW customer services?

Yes

I think there is a problem with my engine!

Oh, you probably have one of the models that was fitted with a coal fired engine.

Err... It doesnt work very well though...

Dont worry, its just the "technology is different".

Thanks

To clarify, I am only refering to LCD products. Not VFD ones, they appear to be fine (wish I could get a Fusion with one of those!).

Thanks

Yes the VFD. Yes a VFD is not an LCD. So? Does that mean its OK to swap it for something that doesnt work properly?

Hi, is that BMW customer services?

Yes

I think there is a problem with my engine!

Oh, you probably have one of the models that was fitted with a coal fired engine.

Err... It doesnt work very well though...

Dont worry, its just the "technology is different".
    lol i am not the customer service my friend. i feel sorry for you.

Thanks

I also have an Antec Fusion Remote Max.
    And my LCD also suffers from an overbright LCD.

And what's more annoying; my Antec Fusion Remote Max doesn't turn on all the time (nor by the power button or by remote). This happens only when I have removed the power cord. Then it takes a lot of time in getting the Antec Fusion Remote Max powering up again.

The following happens when I have removed the power cord:

I reconnect the power cord and press the power switch (on the PSU) on:
    - LCD remains dark

After trying it several times and connecting it to PSU to different power outlet the LCD lights up, but it doesn't want to turn on the PC (by pressing the power button on the Fusion Remote Max, or by remote).

After reconnecting the power cord and flicking the PSU powerswitch several times (mostly it takes about 30 or 40 times) the PC suddenly starts up booting again.

When I now turn of the PC (without removing the power cord of switching the PSU off) it will turn on every time.

This is really weird; at first I thought it might be the PSU, but after replacing the PSU, this is still happening.
    I really don't know why this is, but it sucks.

Thread Information