Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Thanks

Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

Has anyone bought one recently and can comment on the state of the LCD?

I went through quite a few Fusion cases a few months ago, everyone had a faulty LCD that was basically a pink square.

Checked a few forums and saw that the problem seems to be universal. In the end I gave up but would still like one if the faults have been resolved?

Tried asking Antec but all mails are ignored, so no joy there.

Anyone?

Thanks

Re: Fusion Remote/ Fusion Remote Max

I guess that's a "No" then. It would have been nice to get some response from the Antec rep (Frank) on this forum, but it looks like the stonewalling pervades all avenues where customers congregate

For those considering buying an Antec Fusion case, I would advise checking the Soundgraph forums

http://htpcinside.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158

or this blog

http://blog.insanegenius.com/2008/04...htpc-case.html

before purchase.

You may well change your mind when you see just how broken the LCD's are.
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 11-08-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Marketing Manager - Antec Frank Lee's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

My name is Nick, and I will be assisting with Hexus forums activity. I too have seen one or two forums addressing the LCD. I don't have any knowledge as to whether or not all machines have this issue, but I will look into this and see if the issue has been corrected.

Nick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
    Hi MonkeyL,

My name is Nick, and I will be assisting with Hexus forums activity. I too have seen one or two forums addressing the LCD. I don't have any knowledge as to whether or not all machines have this issue, but I will look into this and see if the issue has been corrected.

Nick
    Thanks loads, it would be nice to get this issue resolved so that I (and others) can buy again in confidence.

Regards
    M

Thanks

Any update on this issue?

Regards

Thanks

Any update on this issue?

Regards

Thanks

I have a fusion remote (Silver) and am incredibly unhappy with the LCD display. I wish there was a way it could be solved with software or something like that, but there isn't. The display sucks completely and I'm very upset about it. Considering buying a separate LCD to replace it as I need my HTPC but I'm not sure how much work and money is involved in doing so.

Thanks

Hi Peligroso and MonkeyL,

I recently spoke with tech support and have a couple of suggestions in case you haven't already tried them.

1. Turn down the brightness and the contrast of the LCD.
    2. Turn of the back light on the LCD when the computer is off. Coordinate with your computer so that the LCD will turn on when the computer turns on, and vice versa.

If this doesn't help you I recommend filling out an RMA, obtaining a ticket number, and sending it to me so I can have customer support directly contact you.

Best of luck,
    Nick

Thanks

Hello,

I've already got a ticket on it (no response though): 191980

The thing is, there is no brightness setting as far as I can see, and the "contrast" setting doesn't really help either. I really recommend looking at the blog post linked in the second post in this thread as it seems to be the best summary of what everyone seems to be seeing with photos and videos.

Mine is set to turn on when the computer turns on, but that doesn't really help the fact that it still looks extremely bad and is pretty much unreadable. According to iMon representatives, it's caused by some filter that Antec puts on the display and the display "should" look like the one far down in that blog post.

Thanks

Thankyou for your response.

1. Turn down the brightness and the contrast of the LCD.
    There is no brightness control. Contrast makes little difference

2. Turn of the back light on the LCD when the computer is off. Coordinate with your computer so that the LCD will turn on when the computer turns on, and vice versa.
    The LCD backlight comes back on when the computer is turned off. Regardless of any setting. The only way to turn it off it to disconnect the power from the wall socket.

If this doesn't help you I recommend filling out an RMA, obtaining a ticket number, and sending it to me so I can have customer support directly contact you.
    I did, but it seemed impossible to get a response that bore any resemblance to the question being asked, subsequent questions were ignored so it came to nothing. Ticket ID:- 182427.

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

Thanks for submitting your ticket number. I'm sorry you did not get the answer you wanted from support. I can contact them again for you if you would like, as they have more information regarding this issue than me. I'll try to pass this on to one or two other people who may be able to help you as well.

Nick
    Last edited by Frank Lee; 31-08-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

Thanks for submitting your ticket number. I'm sorry you did not get the answer you wanted from support. I can contact them again for you if you would like, as they have more information regarding this issue than me. I'll try to pass this on to one or two other people who may be able to help you as well.

Nick
    Hi Nick, thanks for your response.

I would be greatful for anything you could do to help resolve the issue.

Aesthetically, the case fits my needs perfectly, the build quality is what I've come to expect from Antec and I really don't want to have to resort to another manufacturer. Antec cases have never disappointed in the past, but the discoloured LCD on this case is, at best, an eyesore.

I would really like to buy another Fusion Max case but at the minute it seems like an impossibility, all I'm hearing is customers complaining, but no one at Antec appears to be listening and the issue is not moving forward in any constructive way.

Anything that gets me the case I would like to own with an LCD that looks even remotely like the ones on the Antec and Soundgraph sites would be a big plus (IMV).

It's clear from looking at the pictures of what Soundgraph say this LCD *should* look like and what they actually look like when installed in the case (from the links posted above) that something has gone terribly wrong at some stage in the manufacture of this case.

Thanks

Hi MonkeyL,

Nick
    Looks like you may have missed out on my post

Thanks

Peligroso,

You're right, I did miss out on your post. I've forwarded your ticket number (and yours MonkeyL) to support and will keep you updated as to how we can go about solving this.

Nick

Thanks

MonkeyL,

Support told me they have provided you with service to get your LCD replaced. If this is true, I'm glad that we were able to assist you.

In regard to the blog post earlier in the thread, the LCD pictured there from iMon is not the same as our LCD. That LCD has many different colors, and the blue negative color happens to be the color of our LCD. http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Produ...=3&leftMenu=43.

As for the pink square coming up on the LCD, I'll speak to someone else in product development.

Nick

Thanks

MonkeyL,

Support told me they have provided you with service to get your LCD replaced.
    They pointed me to a .xl file to fill in, which I couldn't ( don't have XL), so I asked if it was possible to provide the RMA form in another format... no response. I also asked it was possible that the LCD could be replaced without the need to return the entire case to Holland, just the LCD.. no response.

I asked again via a second ticket.. no response.

I made a complaint about the lack of response by support, via support and via the complaint email on the website, they recieved no response.

If this is true, I'm glad that we were able to assist you.
    If you can help me get a case with an LCD that bears *any* resemblance to any of the negative LCD's shown on the page you link below, that will be of huge assistance.

In regard to the blog post earlier in the thread, the LCD pictured there from iMon is not the same as our LCD. That LCD has many different colors, and the blue negative color happens to be the color of our LCD. http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Produ...=3&leftMenu=43.
    Which is exactly like my older Antec NSK 430 mATX case and I would be happy if it looked even remotely like that. It doesn't.

As a last resort I decided to call international and phone Antec in Holland, where I was informed that the LCD on the Fusion Max was a White Negative LCD, and should look like the one shown on the page you linked (as per the other products in the Veris range). Unfortunately, the resultant email simply pointed me to the same .XL file. Subsequent emails recieved no response.

In the end it was easier to return to the retailer for a replacement. All replacements were identical.. the LCD was essentially a bright pink square and bore no resemblance to either the Blue or White negative LCD's, or any of the negative LCD's shown on the page you link.

As for the pink square coming up on the LCD, I'll speak to someone else in product development.

Nick
    Thanks for your help. BTW, it's not a pink square coming up on the LCD, the LCD background itself is bright pink, and is so bright it's virtually impossible to read the text, which appears as a very light cyan colour. If you're stood a few feet back the entire LCD looks like a pink square.

Soundgraph appear to be suggesting that the LCD should have a filter to curb the brightness and tint to the correct colour. None of the Fusion Max cases I recieved had any kind of filter infront of the LCD. Perhaps this is the root of the issue?

Regards
    M
    Last edited by MonkeyL; 01-09-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Thread Information