Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products

Thread: Kuhler 620 bad surface on CPU block

Thanks

Kuhler 620 bad surface on CPU block

Hi there I have a question regarding warranty on a Kuhler 620.

About a month ago I recieved my New Kuhler 620 and was very happy with it, recently I've upgraded the rest of my computer and therefore removed the Kuhler and used Thermal removed to clean the CPU block. After it was all removed I instantly noticed how scuffed and uneven the surface was, it has dark markings that cannot be removed and I have no idea what it is. I was unable to see this initially as the unit come pre applied with Thermal grease.

My question is, If I were to lap the unit would it void my warranty? Lapping the unit means to have the surface of the cooling block flattened and smoothed out so that it will be even and flat for maximum efficiency. This WON'T involve dismantling the unit or unscrewing anything at all, just a light sanding of the bottom. I have seen that Corsair (i know they are different) allow lapping on their water loop units, but cannot find any information regarding Antecs warranty policy.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Kuhler 620 bad surface on CPU block

Dear m00moo,

This will be no problem as long it does not cause any warranty claims that can be connected to the lapping.

Best regards,

ANTECsupport

Thanks

Hi there,

That is great news for me and many other Antec Kuhler users. Great product and now even better with the backing of warranty on lapped units. Thankyou very much for your time and reply!

Thanks

yep this is good new and glad I saw in here since I have been using the Antec 620 for over a year and decided to lapp mine too.
    Thanks again Antec.

Thread Information