Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products

Thread: Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Bad Noise.

Thanks

Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Bad Noise.

Take a listen on the video I posted below. The computer is otherwise silent but the fan in the power supply is making all the noise. If you spin the fan with the PSU off it makes 2 or 3 of these noises ever rotation. Bad FAN? If I go and buy another one of these am I going to get the same result?

s80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/roveer/?action=view&current=VID-20120718-00002.mp4

Turn the volume up so you get the real affect. Don't misunderstand, this can be heard from all over the room.
    Last edited by roveer; 18-07-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks

Re: Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Bad Noise.

So Yesturday I went out and bought a Corsair GS700 PSU and to my great frustration got a whole different noise. See this thread:

forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=108999

I returned it to best buy. I then went and bought another EA-650. Just installed it and it's as quiet as could be. I'm going to RMA my first EA-650 and keep it as a spare as I have several computers that are mission critical and should I ever lose a power supply, this would come in handy. Just a little frustrating this whole noisey PSU business. The Corsair made all kinds of buzzing and chirping sounds (buzzing caps), and their suppor forums have stickey's on disabling all kinds of things on the MB to try and prevent it (which I tried). Crazy business...

Thanks

Re: Antec EarthWatts EA-650 Bad Noise.

Quote Originally Posted by roveer View Post
    Take a listen on the video I posted below. The computer is otherwise silent but the fan in the power supply is making all the noise. If you spin the fan with the PSU off it makes 2 or 3 of these noises ever rotation. Bad FAN? If I go and buy another one of these am I going to get the same result?

s80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/roveer/?action=view&current=VID-20120718-00002.mp4

Turn the volume up so you get the real affect. Don't misunderstand, this can be heard from all over the room.
    I read you have bought a new one and returned the loud one, did they send you a replacement? And are they both whisper-quiet as stated on the antec website? I just received mine and the fan rattles like yours but not quite as bad. It is still the loudest component in my system, so I'm thinking about returning it.

Thread Information