Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products

Thread: Kuhler H2O 620 and Antec df-85, got a couple of questions.

Thanks

Kuhler H2O 620 and Antec df-85, got a couple of questions.

Hello all first time poster. I am currently building a new computer, and i loved the Df 85, it has everything i need and more. When looking for liquid coolers i started at the corsair h70 and above, i read they had installation issues with the case. Luckily i found the Antec Kuhler H2O 620, i read some great reviews and saw some graph comparisons with other liquid coolers, it performed way above its price tag. I was very pleased to see how cheap the cooler is as compared to its performance. I just have a couple of questions, i am fairly new to building computers. Is it an easy installation on the Df-85,do i have to mod anything? and would you be able to suggest the best setup to use the back fans or top. This is a list of the parts i am getting. Thank you for your help.

Antec Kuhler H2O 620
    NZXT SENTRY 2 Accessories 5.25-Inch Touch Screen Fan Controller
    ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe 1155
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    intel i7 3770k
    Antec high current HCG 900
    EVGA GTX 670 ftw
    Corsair 120gb SSD
    Antec df-85

Again thank you for your help.

Thanks

Re: Kuhler H2O 620 and Antec df-85, got a couple of questions.

Looks like a massive case, so shouldn't have any issues. You can mount it in a number of ways.

To mount mine in my CMStorm had to have the tubes facing down, but if the case is big enough you can have them set on the side. Top mounted is fine too if you have the room.

Push/Pull is a bigger debate, I have it pulling through the case and exhausting out the front.

3. Received thanks from:

Support@ANTEC (08-08-2012)

Thanks

Re: Kuhler H2O 620 and Antec df-85, got a couple of questions.

Mine took a fair while to install. Only because the back plate would not fit snug in my Bitfenix Shinobi. It has mounts for all CPU types and there's ample room for the rad to be positioned top or at the back.

FYI, my tubes are facing down and throwing air out the back. I am lazy and dont know if it would be better blowing into the case...

5. Received thanks from:

Support@ANTEC (24-08-2012)

Registered+
    Thanks
    You shouldn't have a problem installing it in the df-85... There's a lot of room.. Cases like these were built to accommodate big after market CPU coolers.

Thread Information