Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products

Thread: Antec Truepower 650 buzzing. :(

Thanks

Unhappy Antec Truepower 650 buzzing. :(

Today I noticed that there was a buzzing noise coming from my Antec Truepower 650W Modular PSU. It was barely audible when the PC is turned on, but still a noticeable difference.

It is a different story when the computer is powered off and power is still being supplied to the PSU. The buzzing increases in volume and has only been this way since today. I recorded a video to capture the sound, but it looks like I can't post URLs in threads yet, so pm me for the link.

This is the sound it makes when the PC is off. I haven't encountered any issues as of yet, everything seems to be working as normal but I am worried that this could be indicative of the PSU dying. It should be noted that its less than 3 years old.

Should I RMA the PSU? Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Antec Truepower 650 buzzing. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Phoresis View Post
    Today I noticed that there was a buzzing noise coming from my Antec Truepower 650W Modular PSU. It was barely audible when the PC is turned on, but still a noticeable difference.

It is a different story when the computer is powered off and power is still being supplied to the PSU. The buzzing increases in volume and has only been this way since today. I recorded a video to capture the sound, but it looks like I can't post URLs in threads yet, so pm me for the link.

This is the sound it makes when the PC is off. I haven't encountered any issues as of yet, everything seems to be working as normal but I am worried that this could be indicative of the PSU dying. It should be noted that its less than 3 years old.

Should I RMA the PSU? Any advice or suggestions?
    I guess nobody from Antec views the forum anymore. For what its worth I seem to get the buzzing when the PC goes into hibernation and I have trouble booting back up the power seems to keep dropping.

Thread Information