Again after 2/3 weeks into looking for a new car and I stumble onto the Volkswagen Touran and more questions:
It's a great car by the looks of it (guy didn't feel like taking us for a test drive so dont know what it feels like....) but the main thing that hit us was:
THERE'S NO SPARE TIRE!!!!
His excuse was that with this model you get a tube which is similiar to glue and you just apply to the bust/blown tire and it heals it regardless of the size of cut etc.
1) Is the car road legal (as I'm sure somewhere I read that you need a spare tire or you can't drive long distances etc...)
2) Is it safe to stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway and apply the liquid to say "driver side front" tire....." when the usual approach is get out of car and walk up the bank and await rescue!
3) Does these seals work? or do they go again after a few miles?
4) If they work, how long do they take to seal?
5) Have those roadside phones on motorways been taken out of service yet? I sometimes leave my mobile at home and don't want to be left on the motorway if the seal fails.
6) What's the shelf life of the seal in the bottle? and how do you store them? hot weather included?
7) How much do they cost to replace?
Questions 3 and 4 asked baring in mind on some motorways there can be a considerable distance between junctions/service stations....