Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pressure Washer

Thanks

Re: Pressure Washer

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    jon.. you need to try harder... my Insignia is 64 plate and looks worse than that!
    Kracher is one of the best but surely not the cheapest. You can get the same performance of it with Bosch brand. Check the link for list of top 9 washers.
    independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/9-best-pressure-washers-9628484.html

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Karcher are rubbish unless you get up into the professional grade level, the impellers are plastic on the pumps so break easily if not treated well on lower end models

Nilfisk by comparison (as I have one) use a metal impeller, have a similar range of accessories (inc adapters for other items) and cost less for similar spec models
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Registered+
    Thanks

There are some good deals on the Nilfisk ones at Screwfix at the moment. You do get what you pay for, as the really cheap Karcher washers can be pretty poor quality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hingy View Post
    There are some good deals on the Nilfisk ones at Screwfix at the moment. You do get what you pay for, as the really cheap Karcher washers can be pretty poor quality.
    Well it really depends on how you would use and maintain it. But yes Karcher is affordable and trust worthy brand.

Formerly ma9mwah
    Thanks

i went for the nilkfisk c120 after my kracher died on me. the patio cleaning attachment isn't as good at the K version but everything else seems better.

Registered+
    Thanks

Just stay away from the brakes - pressure washers remove the grease from the caliper slides and can eventually lead to binding brakes.

7. Received thanks from:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    Karcher are rubbish unless you get up into the professional grade level, the impellers are plastic on the pumps so break easily if not treated well on lower end models

Nilfisk by comparison (as I have one) use a metal impeller, have a similar range of accessories (inc adapters for other items) and cost less for similar spec models
    Just being pedantic but plunger-type pumps in pressure washers don't use impellers. But yeah I've seen the inside of some Karcher models using plastic pump parts. It's not necessarily a bad thing though if they use the right plastics and in suitable locations. If their use of inappropriate materials is causing failures though then it's a problem. Strangely I have an older model which IIRC is all-metal?

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by watercooled View Post
    Just being pedantic but plunger-type pumps in pressure washers don't use impellers. But yeah I've seen the inside of some Karcher models using plastic pump parts. It's not necessarily a bad thing though if they use the right plastics and in suitable locations. If their use of inappropriate materials is causing failures though then it's a problem. Strangely I have an older model which IIRC is all-metal?
    Yeah my water pump terminology isn't the best, but plastic parts are plastic parts, I think it was a cost cutting/profit boosting maneuver

In other news snow foamed my car with my Nilfisk and after cleaning the filter on the lance the results were great
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Registered+
    Thanks

Had both Karcher & Kew Nilfisk Alto at work & personally preferred the Nilfisk. Spares were cheaper & never had any complaints from customers. The only job I wouldn't use a pressure washer on is block paving as it takes all the sand out between the bricks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information