OK, not an original recipe by myself, so I won't take the credit for it, but very good, so I must share
500g of minced beef
1 beef stock cube
1 can of baked beans (normal size - 415g i think)
500g of potatoes
5-10g of butter
30-50g of mild Cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and slice reasonably thinly.
2. Peel and chop the onion into small bits.
3. Preheat your oven to 190C.
4. Heat a large pan (i used a cassarolle [sp?] dish) with some olive oil in it on a medium heat, then add the onions and fry for a few minutes. Keep the onions moving or they will burn.
5. Add the beef and cook it until it browns. You'll know when this is because it falls into lots of little bits.
6. Transfer the mixture into a reasonably large ovenproof dish.
7. Crumble the stock cube into the mixture and add the beans along with a splash of water (4 tablespoons maybe). Add salt and pepper and stir well.
8. Take the sliced potatoes and cover the top thinly, overlapping the potatoes slightly.
9. Take the butter and melt it (in the microwave or something, be inventive), then brush the tops of the potatoes with it.
10. Stick it all in the oven for around 50-55mins. Before the time runs out, grate the cheese. After the 50-55mins, take it out and sprinkle the cheese on top. Try to get it all covered.
11. Stick it back in the oven for around 5-10mins keeping an eye on it until the cheese goes golden.
Serve hot with some veg or something.