• Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Blackberry Blend and Playbook

Long time since anyone's posted in here, but I've just had my 10.3 update on the Q5 and am still finding my way round various bits and pieces. This one, however, has me grinning like a loon so I figured it was worth sharing.

I emailed myself a document, and it appeared in my inbox on the Q5, but not the playbook. Frustrating, but fair enough; let's see if I can download it to the Q5 but *access* it through the playbook: should be easy enough, right? There's this fancy new blackberry blend thing that lets you access files off your phone on any device. But there's no blend app in the PB store: slightly odd. I take to google, and find loads of threads from last summer complaining that Blend wasn't coming to PB, and how that had finally killed the tablet.

Now, this didn't seem right to me: sharing files between the two devices over bluetooth should be trivial. Then it occurred to me: what if the PB doesn't have a blend app because it doesn't need one. What if the designers had just baked, right in to the OS, that you could access your phones files automatically if it was connected via bluetooth.

So, I fire up Adboe Reader, and switch from recent documents to browse ... and sure enough, at the top of the screen, there's an icon for the playbook, and an icon for the Q5. One tap, and I can access any document off my Q5, or it's SD card, directly on my playbook, like it was just so much removable storage.

Yup, still grinning like a loon And if you get here from a google search for playbook and blend, please spread the word: you don't need blend. It just works.

Thanks
    • pp05's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming itx
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3 2200G
      • Memory:
      • Ballistix Elite 8GB Kit 3200 UDIMM
      • Storage:
      • Kingston 240gb SSD
      • PSU:
      • Kolink SFX 350W PSU
      • Case:
      • Kolink Sattelite plus MITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

Re: Blackberry Blend and Playbook

I regret throwing my playbook away now that I have BB device.

Thread Information