• Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Re: My skin is attacking my PC

Not a fan of positive pressure, I find it increases temps.

Pastry brush to clean any static dust, keep you air filters clean and vacuum the room it's in regularly.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks

This may help Pledge has a spray that prevents dust from gathering on certin surfaces

Thanks
    • Jellyfish's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5a97 Evo r2
      • CPU:
      • 8320@3.5
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x4gb@1600
      • Storage:
      • 1tb WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 270
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 520w
      • Case:
      • Arc Midi r2
      • Operating System:
      • Win8.1 64

I can relate completely with this! My old pc case was a mess... really old and bad and cost like £30 in 2005! A side panel missing... holy smokes! I should look into the air purifier aswell! Some really good advice here!

I have to say im quite pleased currently with my arc midi's filters at the front... i smoke aswell so i'm even more concious of dust and my main prioity was to have filters to hopefully work well. I do use positive i think (god my memory) i have 2 intakes and 1 out, but would like to add a couple more equally.

You could also consider Demciflex filters from when i read up on them looked really good, but remember they will restrict airflow more but look like they do a really good job! Quite pricey mind you and you would have to find a way to mount them as they use a magnetic strip so you might have to be inventive with the R4 etc... with the thickness and the strip (not sure if they would fit behind the front panel)

A can of air every few weeks or per month would do wonders aswell!

Thanks
    • Dareos's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77 - UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Geforce 670 OC Windforce x 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1050 Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" DGM and 40" Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • 152 Mb Virgin

suffering from *deep breath* chronically acute eczematoid psoriasis means that in my case (and pc case) its most definitely skin, and skin thats been coated in heavy paraffin based creams. Which is fairly nasty. mesh filter over PSU sorts most of it out but nothing beats a powerful vaccuum held back 6 inches or so from the inside of the case (make sure all components are tight in place.

other than that a cloth of the type Samsung give you with their TV's works very well indeed (kinda like the one that comes with spectacles) for getting up the excess.

Its the keyboard that bothers me most
    We're only here for the Banter - The Luvvies - Chewin' The Fat

Violence and Lubrication is the solution to fixing everything, if it still doesn't work, you need more lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    How do you change the height of them?

I've just had a quick fiddle with the knob at the front :\

Thanks
    • Jellyfish's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5a97 Evo r2
      • CPU:
      • 8320@3.5
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x4gb@1600
      • Storage:
      • 1tb WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 270
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 520w
      • Case:
      • Arc Midi r2
      • Operating System:
      • Win8.1 64

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    suffering from *deep breath* chronically acute eczematoid psoriasis means that in my case (and pc case) its most definitely skin, and skin thats been coated in heavy paraffin based creams. Which is fairly nasty. mesh filter over PSU sorts most of it out but nothing beats a powerful vaccuum held back 6 inches or so from the inside of the case (make sure all components are tight in place.

other than that a cloth of the type Samsung give you with their TV's works very well indeed (kinda like the one that comes with spectacles) for getting up the excess.

Its the keyboard that bothers me most
    Hey Dareos, you might prefer mechanical keyboards (not sure! ) But i recently bought the logitech k310 for about £10 (usually about 20+) it's washable, but they keys have spaces between them and is really easy to clean (so no crumbs/dust etc...)

But it really depends on what kind of keyboard you like, personally i really like this! Oh but i am cheap and look for bargains constantly! A mechanical etc... i couldn't spend that much

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/produc...-keyboard-k310

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-920.../dp/B009P32W5E

Anyways, i hope it helps man!

6. Received thanks from:

Dareos (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    • Jellyfish's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5a97 Evo r2
      • CPU:
      • 8320@3.5
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x4gb@1600
      • Storage:
      • 1tb WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 270
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 520w
      • Case:
      • Arc Midi r2
      • Operating System:
      • Win8.1 64

Double post! arghhhh... sorry!!!

8. Received thanks from:

Dareos (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    • Dareos's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77 - UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Geforce 670 OC Windforce x 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1050 Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" DGM and 40" Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • 152 Mb Virgin

never used one, heard very good things but theres precious few places which have them for demo.

Might have to buy one from an online retailer and send it back if its poor, hate doing that tho, thanks for the advice though
    We're only here for the Banter - The Luvvies - Chewin' The Fat

Violence and Lubrication is the solution to fixing everything, if it still doesn't work, you need more lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    How do you change the height of them?

I've just had a quick fiddle with the knob at the front :\

Registered+
    Thanks

Strangely, not long after posting this problem on here I recieved; 'Dear EVGA Member,,
    Have you looked inside your system recently? Dust can be a tough foe against your hardware and EVGA is here to help. Take a few minutes to open up your system and make sure your system is running clean and cool at the same time. Here are some simple steps to keep your EVGA product running for a lifetime of use.

1. Every 30 days get some canned/compressed air and clean out your system. Dust can cause heat issues which can lead to hardware failure if not maintained and cause an unwanted RMA in the future. Remove your components one at a time to thoroughly clean them. Take the time to keep your system clean and keep it running.

2. Preventing dust is just as important as keeping it out of your system. Some cases have built in filters to prevent dust and build up from entering your case. Make sure to clean or replace any filters to maintain good clean airflow into your EVGA system. Don’t have any filters? Take a look online for some simple ways to add filters to your case and keep it clean.

3. Running water cooling? Have you flushed your system recently? Water cooling can become a nightmare if not maintained. Make sure to flush your system to prevent mold, algae and build up from creating complications. Make sure to clean your system fans at the same time, blocked air flow on your radiator can cause just as much trouble.

Following these simple steps to maintain your EVGA system will improve your gaming experience and keep you fraggin’ for a lifetime.

Thank you,
    EVGA Customer Service

Thanks
    • Jellyfish's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5a97 Evo r2
      • CPU:
      • 8320@3.5
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x4gb@1600
      • Storage:
      • 1tb WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 270
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 520w
      • Case:
      • Arc Midi r2
      • Operating System:
      • Win8.1 64

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    never used one, heard very good things but theres precious few places which have them for demo.

Might have to buy one from an online retailer and send it back if its poor, hate doing that tho, thanks for the advice though

Yeah, headphones i find aswell are really hard to figure of you like them apart from reading/youtube aswell i find!

Atm it's £11.99 on ebuyer (i got mine off amazon at that same price, £20 is a bit much i think )

http://www.ebuyer.com/408784-logitec...out-920-004049

I'll try my best to explain how it feels, the keys have spaces between them and are kind of raised (but not like normal keys) Some people have said the buttons are a bit spongy, but i'm kind of liking it atm. I've played a few games and typed etc... the spacing does need a little to get used to, but for £10 or so it's pretty cheap. Maybe wait for amazon to get some more back in stock at that price (it seems to sporadically go on sale)

For cleaning, i haven't dowsed it in water yet, but cleaning with a brush or dettol etc... is really easy/nice as the keys are all flat/same height as each other. I think many gamers would prefer the more expensive models as it's quite cheap, it does feel nice imho though but obviously probably not like a mechanical (Although i've never used one of those so can't really say!)

I eat often at my desk, smoke etc... and my last keyboard i killed... death by juice! So hope this one will hold out! (if you wash it, it's advised to leave it for 8+ hours to dry out) So getting ash out of it rather than banging it on my desk is alot easier/nicer

I usually like the slim keyboards like laptop keys so don't mind this at all, it's really hard to say unless you try it out as you say! Anyway, i hope my ramblings help!

Drum & Bass Till I Die deejayburnout's Avatar
    Thanks
    • deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone

My rig has positive pressure (3 in 1 out) and my case collects dust like nothing else. Even thought they are filtered, the dust buildup was bad. An air duster and a paintbrush always done the job for me.

I have recently moved home and hopefully the fact that my PC is now in the dining room, it might be better.
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

Thread Information