Thread: Corsair 350d and H110 compatibility and 140mm fan compatibility

Registered+
    Thanks

Corsair 350d and H110 compatibility and 140mm fan compatibility

I am looking to make a corsair 350d micro atx build. Now for the fans it looks like the front can accept 2x 140mm intake fans is that correct? I've seen a build with 2 full size square frame 140mm fans in the front. On the rear does it strictly have only 120mm mounting holes? If it has only 120mm mounting holes Can you fit some of the 140mm fans that have a round frame and have the same placement on the 4 screw holes as square framed 120mm fans for the rear exhaust? For example this fan:
    A Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Premium Quiet Quality Fan with Round Frame, AAO Technology "The NF-A15 PWM complies with Noctua’s AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) standard. It provides superior performance with the 120mm mounting holes (105mm spacing) which has been enlarged to 150mm width."

Now the front and rear were easy questions the top fans are tricky. I want to fit a corsair h110 up there as it's only fitting a corsair cpu cooler go in the corsair case plus i like the performance of 280mm radiators and 140mm fans as I can get equal cooling to the H80 on much lower fan speeds. I would like to fit the h110 directly to the top of the case and 2 nice full size 140mm fans to the radiator (probably noctua as I pretty much only use noctua fans in my builds no exceptions). Will that configuration fit on the top or will I need to place the 2 full size 140mm fans first then the radiator? Or will I have to put 120mm fans then the radiator? I've seen installations with it fitting so I know it has to be possible. Do I have to give up the top optical bay for it to work?

Thank you and if you can answer those 3 questions about the cooling on the front rear and top it will make my buying a lot easier. May even reqard corsair with a corsair psu as well if this can work out perfectly.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Corsair 350d and H110 compatibility and 140mm fan compatibility

The front will accommodate 2 x 140mm fans and rear is only meant for a 120mm fan. To fit a 140 on the rear, you probably have to get one of those 120 to 140 fan adapters.

Yes, you will be able to fit the H110 in the top panel, but you like you said, it'll take the space from the top optical bay. You can put the fans first then rad or the other way around, totally your preference.

Registered+
    Thanks

well that 140mm fan i'm talking about is specifically designed to have the same mounting holes as a 120mm fan the outer frame is smaller to make a 140mm fan fit in 120mm spacing.

I'm doing a LGA 2011 micro atx build but since haswell-e is so close to landing i probably should wait for the new 8 cores ddr4 x99 chipset. I just don't like buying into chipsets that are on their last legs like the very old x79 chipset

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

By looking at the Noctua NF-A15 frame dimension, it might actually work. You would just have to mount it this way, where the longer side (150mm) is positioned upright. You'd probably see the frame slightly extending both on top and bottom by 5mm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    The front will accommodate 2 x 140mm fans and rear is only meant for a 120mm fan. To fit a 140 on the rear, you probably have to get one of those 120 to 140 fan

Sorry for jumping in on this thread. But would a fan adapter fit? I know it will in height, but will it fit in the width?

Thread Information