After looking through the internet, I was unable to find a review on this chassis.
I recently received a Morex NUC 3219H (website - http://www.morex.com.tw/products/pro....php?fd_id=177 ) chassis to upgrade my intel D34010WYB. There is a good range of photos on their website.
I received it directly from Morex in Taiwan. The company was very easy to communicate with and quickly answered all of my questions. Also, the postage time to Australia was short at just over a week.
The chassis includes not only a 2.5" bay, but a extra USB 2.0 port and SD card reader by utilising the USB 2.0 header.
The kit arrived well packaged in a box surrounded by foam blocks, with all the required screws, a Vesa bracket and a power brick plus extra lead (appropriate for the users country).
It is a little larger than the intel chassis at 145mm (L) * 110mm (W) * 47mm (H) and is very solidly made. There is plenty of venting on the sides and it has a industrial look being powder coated. This offers a resistance to scratches unlike the intel.
I had to purchase 2x wifi antenna (2x 9dB) and leads for my intel 7260 AC wifi card, but no hassle to get those off sites like ebay, and this gives the option of good antennas to improve performance. I get a much stronger signal when compared to the original intel chassis. This can be a problem as the house is of double brick construction and the AC router is at the opposite end of the house.
Fitting the motherboard and extra HDD were relatively easy and fortunately I had long cables (8") on the antenna which made it easy (if they had been shorter, it would have been difficult).
Finally putting the chassis back together, necessitated making sure that all cables were routed out of the way. It was a little tight, but not too hard.
I have used a 256GB msata with 16GB RAM and a 1TB hdd and it is now mounted up behind my TV and set up as a HTPC with windows 8.1 64bit with WMC.
The extra ram is used by Primo Ramdisk for all temp folders and for live TV buffering when the Hauppauge Nova TD usb dual TV tuner is used.
After using it now for a couple of weeks, I have found that it works very well as a HTPC and functions alongside a Qnap NAS via wifi for media storage. No problems with wifi speed when transferring from one to another.
I found it odd that intel provide a USB 2.0 header that no-one else seems to have taken advantage of. Particularly in my case as the TV tuner functions better on this port for some reason (had a couple of functions not work reliably on the USB 3.0 ports with the intel chassis, wake from sleep to record a preset show most notably). Also having the SD card reader integrated, means I do not have to have a card reader handy every time I want to download photos.
I have been monitoring the HDD with HD Tune Pro and it has never risen above 35C. And the motherboard fan has never become audible. So there appears to be good heat dissipation in the chassis.
Overall I am very satisfied with the the new chassis.
Has anyone else used this Morex chassis?