• Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC

PS Vita / PSN mini rant

So I got a Vita off the forum mostly to free up the TV when tother half is playing FF VII...

I've had a PS3 for a while and she surprised me with a PS4 a month ago when I was off work. We bought FF VII on my PSN account which is fine on the PS3 as she can log in and play it. On the PS4 we play AC Black Flag together on her account.

So the Vita has to be logged in as me to get FF VII, fine. But Then we can only remote play to my account. PS3 this wouldn't be too bad as it seems you can transfer saves between users, not so on the PS4...

Why couldn't they just be consistent between systems? Are the expecting every user in a household to buy there own Vita? We have two accounts so we can play split screen Borderlands 2 with saved profiles but I think we're just going to have to roll back to using mine most of the time until the fix it (which they're not going to do)

Thanks

Re: PS Vita / PSN mini rant

I don't understand Sony's decision to restrict one vita to one account either. I found this annoying as well, as I had a US PSN account when I was there (when I got the PS3), but got a UK account when I came back. So I've got games split on 2 accounts, which like you said is fine on PS3. But when I went to download FFVII (as well) on my brand new Vita, couldn't as I was logged in my UK account on the Vita. The only solution was to buy it again on the UK account, which I got on sale a few months later. I've got a few other games on my US account that are vita compatiable, but won't bother buying another copy.

I've also had a similar problem with a movie I got on my PS3 which broke down last year. So I got another PS3, but can't download the movie becuse it's tied to the broken one. The normal way to get this to play on the new PS3 is to unlink it from the old one... but since I can't turn that on, the only other way to unlink the old PS3 is to call Sony. But since I don't live in the US anymore, can't be bothered to call and get them to unlink it (not sure I actually can either).

Registered+
    Thanks
    • PaulLFC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z79-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 2TB HGST External HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Nvidia GTX 780 6GB OC Gaming
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM 750
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4 (Black)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2412H
      • Internet:
      • Sky Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Scryder View Post
    I don't understand Sony's decision to restrict one vita to one account either. I found this annoying as well, as I had a US PSN account when I was there (when I got the PS3), but got a UK account when I came back. So I've got games split on 2 accounts, which like you said is fine on PS3. But when I went to download FFVII (as well) on my brand new Vita, couldn't as I was logged in my UK account on the Vita. The only solution was to buy it again on the UK account, which I got on sale a few months later. I've got a few other games on my US account that are vita compatiable, but won't bother buying another copy.

I've also had a similar problem with a movie I got on my PS3 which broke down last year. So I got another PS3, but can't download the movie becuse it's tied to the broken one. The normal way to get this to play on the new PS3 is to unlink it from the old one... but since I can't turn that on, the only other way to unlink the old PS3 is to call Sony. But since I don't live in the US anymore, can't be bothered to call and get them to unlink it (not sure I actually can either).
    The account limitation is my main complaint with the Vita so far (along with the memory card prices, but those are coming down slightly at last). It was a silly decision from Sony, but I suppose I can't complain too much considering all the 'free' games I get from PS+.

Thanks

Totally agree it's really frustrating, hopefully they do sort it but I doubt it

Thanks

Yeah.... But... VITAs are awesome regardless though right

Thread Information