Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help? PS3 hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

Thanks

Question help? PS3 hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

hi everyone,

have recently bought a PS3
    and am having problems making it connect to a pioneer PDP 435 plasma via HDMI.
    analog comp is fine
    sky HD fine via hdmi directly into my plasma, but when hdmi lead is swapped to PS3 as source - no picture appears on plasma

PS3 does seem to recognise that there's an HDMI cable
    and the plasma says its switched to a 620P source
    just no actual picture - just black

PS3 has latest software update (1.8)
    ive tried resetting the PS3 but same problem persists
    any ideas would be gratefully appreciated

kind regards

zan, london

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    try ringing pioneer - sounds a bit like a problem the father-in-law was having

Thanks
    when turning on the ps3 try keeping your finger on the on button for 6seconds it automatically detects what type of connection you got av/hdmi.

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless
    Someone else a few threads down was having problems connecting a Pio 436 via HDMI, he didn't say how he resolved it though.

Have you tried the auto setup that gtech mentions ?
    Last edited by bigblue; 28-05-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited
    Try it connected to your set by both HDMI and component at the same time then change it to HDMI in the display options section then disconnect the component cable and you ''should'' still have a display...

Thanks
    hi all,

have tried the reset option - interestingly my plasma
    shows 625P as its HDMI input whilst the PS3 tries to handshake, but then it drops and reverts back to comp o/p
    never get any picture other than black on the HDMI ip though

thanks for the ideas,
    spoken to both sony and pioneer tech support
    sony pretty useless - suggested taking box sony shop to test hdmi O/P - was going to do that anyway
    interestingly pioneer said although they had no specific notes with my model and the PS3 they had encountered problems with Xbox hdmi OPs and their frequency and suggested i try using a PS3 component breakout lead.
    so ones on order - ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks
    ok - so the component lead worked! still cant use hdmi, but at least i have a hidef solution - -txs

Thanks
    maybe a silly question...have you actually tested the lead, seen it running???

Thanks

Pioneer 435 and PS3

I have the same plasma model, and the same problem as you-identical, down to the 620 output. There is someone on the PS3 technical forum with the same model and the same problem (poster name is cherub). It won't be the lead, or the PS3 unit itself.

The pioneer website is also not helpful, although I have e mailed their support for advice. I do not expect much help from them.

There was an issue with this gen pioneer plasma and hdmi compatability with Sky HD boxes (although not on all of them- I never had that problem).

If I find a solution to this, I will post here, and would be happy if you did the same for me!

Thanks

Re: help? PS3 hdmi connection to pioneer plasma

I have the Pioneer PDP505HD and exact same problem.

We are a pioneer retailer and i am having them come out to inspect, there is a problem with the media receiver boxes and this may be the cause.

I will let you know if they repalce and if it fixes problem

Sony are as useless as tits on a bull. They are so stupid, its just wierd the PS3 out put is picked up as 620p.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

looks like i was right then \o/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    I have the Pioneer PDP505HD and exact same problem.

We are a pioneer retailer and i am having them come out to inspect, there is a problem with the media receiver boxes and this may be the cause.

I will let you know if they repalce and if it fixes problem

Sony are as useless as tits on a bull. They are so stupid, its just wierd the PS3 out put is picked up as 620p.
    I have the same problem, hope someone can offer advice. The HDMI input on Pioneer PDP-435XDE does not with Sony RDR-HXD910 (DVD/HDD recorder). Stange thing is, it used to work and suddenly it stopped. It tries to connect, briefly shows 620p in the input, and then I get a black screen. At the same time, it is no longer possible to select any functions on the Pioneer - it is locked up. Recovery only possible by disconnecting the HDMI cable. I assumed the Sony was faulty. took it to service centre. It was tested with 3 different TV's and worked ok! Firmware was updated as a matter of normal procedure.
    Took it home and tried again but exactly the same symptoms as before the "repair".

The HDMI input works ok when SkyHD is connected.

Any guidance much appreciated. Is it software/compatibiltiy problem, or could it be a hardware fault?

Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by conkers View Post
    I have the same problem, hope someone can offer advice. The HDMI input on Pioneer PDP-435XDE does not with Sony RDR-HXD910 (DVD/HDD recorder). Stange thing is, it used to work and suddenly it stopped. It tries to connect, briefly shows 620p in the input, and then I get a black screen. At the same time, it is no longer possible to select any functions on the Pioneer - it is locked up. Recovery only possible by disconnecting the HDMI cable. I assumed the Sony was faulty. took it to service centre. It was tested with 3 different TV's and worked ok! Firmware was updated as a matter of normal procedure.
    Took it home and tried again but exactly the same symptoms as before the "repair".

The HDMI input works ok when SkyHD is connected.

Any guidance much appreciated. Is it software/compatibiltiy problem, or could it be a hardware fault?

Mike
    HI Mike

I have spoken to Pioneer and initially they thought it was the media receiver and were going to replace under warranty, but they now think it is a scan ic in the panel and are taking it tomorrow for repairs.

When i receive back i will repost and advise of outcome.

Ben

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    HI Mike

I have spoken to Pioneer and initially they thought it was the media receiver and were going to replace under warranty, but they now think it is a scan ic in the panel and are taking it tomorrow for repairs.

When i receive back i will repost and advise of outcome.

Ben
    Hi Ben
    Thank you for your comments. I await with interest the outcome of your case. I have contacted Pioneer this morning and they advised me to register on the website, which I have just done. The polite and helpful Pioneer person seemed to immediatly accept there is a problem with the Pioneer, she said that Sky HD probably made updates over the air which has started this incompatiblity problem I now have. She was not surprised that Sky HD still works ok with HDMI connection but that other devices do not (like my Sony HDX910). She said Pioneer will contact me directly in response to my website registration.

By the way, if you (or someone else) has Sky HD, did you notice whether Sky HD behaves differently in the last month or so when changing channels? Now, on channel change I get a blank blue screen for a second or two and the info banner does not appear. If I recall right, the banner used to come up before on channel change. Do you have any observations about that? I think that change coincided with the start of my HDMI problems!
    Thanks again for your comments, I will update here when I hear from Pioneer.
    Best regards, Mike

Thanks

Ben
    An update: I have received a letter from Pioneer following my registration on their website. They stated that after testing the solution for HDMI "issues" they are ready to carry out the modification, free of charge.
    A Pioneer repair agent contacted me and will visit my house this Friday (15th Feb) to do the retrofit. I understand it is a new card to be installed in the media box (not the plasma screen).
    I will report success or otherwise after Friday.
    Any news about the Pioneer work that you mentioned in a previous post?
    Mike

Update 15 February 2008: Pioneer service agent fitted a replacement main input output card in the media box today, which took about 30 minutes. This fixed the problem, now works perfectly with Sky HD and other HDMI sources (Sony RDR-HXD910 DVD/HDD). A happy outcome for me so have to commend Pioneer.
    Mike
    Last edited by conkers; 15-02-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: new information/update previous posts

Thanks

I also have a problem with HDMI - I'm wondering what your thoughts on this one maybe.

I have an LG m228WD 22" monitor and I love it. Got a PS3 and it wouldn't work via HDMI cable. So... I took the PS3 to a friends and it worked fine.

Yes, the cables works and yes I've done the hold down your power button for a few seconds. My monito still says no signal. I have double checked the menu on the monitor incase it can disable the input - I've also fiddled with the limited display options on the PS3 but not a tiny spec of video. Just says "no signal"

The lady at LG said it might not be compatible? What? Its HDMI!?! I told her people have been reviewing this working with a PS3, see play.com etc. You know when you've just made a pointless phone call :-) that was one.

Any ideas anyone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information