Right - been redecorating with help from the Father in Law.
It's still a temporary measure and more of a 'test' decoration. The final aim is to build a 100mm false stud wall to encase the TV, but have it covered with fabric and filled with Rockwool to add another acoustically absorbent surface in the room. The brown wall was a test to see if having brown velvet would 'bring in' the room too much given it's a living room and not a dedicated space. I can't afford to do all this right now since the room would need re-plastering and I want a projector and screen to go in at the same time. That said for now I'm pretty pleased with the result, if anything the room looks wider now, which wasn't the expected result at all.
Firstly everything had to be put in the middle of the room and covered up. Two layers of plastic and one of cloth was used.
Started painting the coving and painted the corner a few times to get an idea of how brown the wall would be. The ceiling at this point hadn't been touched and made me realise what a state parts of this house have been left in before we moved in. It should be white and match the coving! The other wall at this point hadn't been touched either.
Other walls painted and drying, TV mounted on wall bracket and ceiling lights changed.
Backlight LED's mounted on TV, need to be refocused to minimise spillage.
The wife decided we needed new carpet so had to shift everything out (!!). However this gave me the chance to relay all the cabling properly in the underlay, so we set to work on that. Harry thought it would be a good opportunity to play cars hehe.
Because it's not being re-plastered the rear speakers need trunking to hide the cabling. It's a whole lot more apparent to the camera than the naked eye, so looks worse than it actually is.
Rear speaker brackets fitted back in place. They're extremely high only because the rear left position is unfortunately where a door is, so they have to be high to clear it safely.
Rear PMC DB1i remounted, but not angled to the listening position.
New carpet was then laid and then the subs and electronics in the cabinet were brought back into the room to start the rebuild.
Then the recabling began. I used to think it was pretty bad, but recently at work I had to cable up a recording studio which had 1200 connections...
Final work complete, PMC FB1i back in position, wall lights replaced and everything given a good clean and polish.