Thread: Keyboard version of the Kindle 3g - but the 3g has stopped working...fixes?

Registered+
    Thanks

Keyboard version of the Kindle 3g - but the 3g has stopped working...fixes?

So I have a 3G kindle keyboard...which I absolutely love! However, I no longer get one of its best features - the whispernet sync over 3G (which means I can't pick up on my android phone where I left off on my kindle).
    Has anyone else experienced this? Is it difficult to resolve (I can't find any diagnostics features on my kindle to allow me to fix it...)
    Many thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Keyboard version of the Kindle 3g - but the 3g has stopped working...fixes?

I had something similar when I came back from using my kindle on holiday and tried to connect to the 3G when I got back

From the home page press the menu and then go to settings.

Now press the menu key again . . .then you'll find the restart option ( Restart is on the menu itself, not on the settings page )

Do NOT do 'reset to factory'. . .that's a sort of a last resort as you will wipe your Kindle.

Make sure you have a reasonably full battery . . . but it should not be plugged in when you do it.

If the soft reboot described above doesn't work, try a 'hard' reboot.

Hold the power switch over for 30-40 seconds until the Kindle restarts.

If none of the above works contact Amazon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lohsmith View Post
    So I have a 3G kindle keyboard...which I absolutely love! However, I no longer get one of its best features - the whispernet sync over 3G (which means I can't pick up on my android phone where I left off on my kindle).
    Has anyone else experienced this? Is it difficult to resolve (I can't find any diagnostics features on my kindle to allow me to fix it...)
    Many thanks
    FIXED
    Hi I had the same issue and after many hours on the phone with both amazon Australia and America they said they couldn't fix it and offered 20% off a new kindle but lucky after the 8th call the girl Mandy actually asked other staff and talked to the tech and YAY
    It was a simple fix first was download on the pc the latest update drag drop onto kindle and setting on the device update and then second step download the network/service update and same process and yay I could finally register and use my kindle dx 3G.
    htt ps ://w ww .amazo. n.com/gp/help /customer /display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200529680&qid=1495517628&sr=1-1[/url]

Click on your device and share so many people don't know this even the Amazon staff didn't.

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Cheers, David

Thread Information