Thread: Anyone had any experience with Unicable?

Registered+
    Thanks

Anyone had any experience with Unicable?

Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my single DVB-S2 tuner card to something with quad tuners - have my eye on something from TBS.

I have noted that it supports Unicable/One Cable and upon a bit of research, I have realised that Unicable is a way of sending four separate satellite signals down a single coax - all you need to do is replace the LNB.

I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with using it as I was hoping to put the card in a server running Argus TV.

Ultimately, I need to know whether using Unicable is more hassle than having to run another three coax cables through my wall.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Anyone had any experience with Unicable?

I don't think it would be more hassle - as you say you'd save having to run the extra cables from the LNB but you'd have to compare the cost of the two configurations and weigh up which is best. I don't have personal experience with it though so can't advise you there.

Registered+
    Thanks

Assuming both methods give exactly the same results, I would prefer to use the Unicable method over 4 coax cables for cosmetic reasons, even though it would work out more expensive.

I guess the ultimate question is whether passing four signals down a single coax causes any problems with Argus TV.

Thanks

Provided the tuner supports it I can't think of why it would be a problem - just see if it explains the support in the specs e.g. if it needs any additional equipment.

5. Received thanks from:

elsmandino (13-11-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi,

Your last post prompted me to e-mail the actual company to see if they could advise whether Unicable might work. They were unable to confirm either way so I have decided to go down the 4 coax route - not the end of the world, especially as this method is guarantee to work.

Thread Information