Thread: Webpage for Smart TV

OilSheikh

Webpage for Smart TV

I have a Samsung Smart TV and I would like it so that there's either a shortcut like an App button or I can simply switch Source on my remote and come to a webpage.

Now, the reasoning behind what I am trying to do is that my family would like to watch some foreign channels that are available on the net on different sites but they are not broadcast in the UK e.g. AXN, Animax, etc.
    On my webpage, there will be icons for various channels and with a Bluetooth mouse, I can click on a channel and the channel will load up.

What's the best solution for what I am trying to achieve? Chromecast ? A Windows 8 OTG USB stick ? Raspberry Pi ?

Basically, all I need is a device that can play Flash videos and also be able to launch Firefox.

OilSheikh

Re: Webpage for Smart TV

After doing some fiddling about,
    - The Samsung Smart TV OS is a custom version of Linux and you can't install Firefox on it.
    - I can use HTML frames to create my webpage and add the website link as the homepage to load when I launch the built-in browser.
    - I can use Samsung's AllShare play - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX3y7O_TOew
    but it is only available on select phones and my old Galaxy S2 should be of use.

Thanks

You will try to different type of search engines like Google,Opera and Yahoo.Check your website logs are working properly or not.May be foreign channel links are blogged.

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by yuvarani View Post
    You will try to different type of search engines like Google,Opera and Yahoo.Check your website logs are working properly or not.May be foreign channel links are blogged.
    Sorry.. woot?

I came up with my own solution in the end. I bought a HDMI intel compute stick and installed Windows 8.1 , Flash player and Portable Firefox on it. I created a webpage with the channel icons and set it as the homepage for Firefox. I then plugged in the USB Bluetooth dongle onto the stick and use my mouse to click the channel icons. If I need a keyboard, I take advantage of the on-screen keyboard.

I can't believe I paid extra for a Smart TV when I initially bought my TV, the browser is slow, there's no support for new Flash players and apps seem to be constantly being removed by samsung ( e.g. Skype, the Exercise app )

Thanks

Samsung removed Skype as Microsoft is discontinuing Skype for TV support ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35752658 ) . Not supporting flash is a good thing. my only gripe with my smart tv is that spotify works on the older ones but not the newer ones.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

6. Received thanks from:

Thanks

May be network speed is very slow and Internet service provider has heavy congestion in your place.You regenerate your tv then use your browser.The latest version of flash player may be does not support for your tv.

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by yuvarani View Post
    May be network speed is very slow and Internet service provider has heavy congestion in your place.You regenerate your tv then use your browser.The latest version of flash player may be does not support for your tv.
    Wot? How do I regenerate my TV .. by planting Samsung smart TV seeds ?

Thanks

Go to the smart hub setting and enter your tv pin number.Click reset button.Then use the browser.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    Wot? How do I regenerate my TV .. by planting Samsung smart TV seeds ?
    I think the poster meant reset. Regenerate may be a literal translation for someone who's first language is not English. Reset=restart=start_again_from_the_beginning=regenerate
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Regenerate is related meaning to reset. So, I mention regenerate your tv and use the webpage for smart tv.

Thanks

Sir, your samsung smart tv problem is cleared or not?

Thread Information