Thread: GIGABYTE silent HDMI graphics card for HD media-centre PCs

Thanks

GIGABYTE silent HDMI graphics card for HD media-centre PCs

GIGABYTE USA will launch next month a zero-noise PCIe graphics card aimed at enthusiasts of high-definition TV.

The snappily-named GV-NX76G256HI-RH is based on an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS GPU and features not just the ability to handle HDCP-encrypted video, such as used on Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD commercial movies, but also an HDMI port for one-cable audio/video connection to high-def screens - TV sets and monitors - plus Dual-Link DVI support for widescreen HD monitors at resolutions up to 2560x1600.

Pic courtesy of The Reg

More in this HEXUS.lifestyle.headline.

Thanks
    Nice looking card and about time too. However, until DX10 comes along is it really worth it? I know you won't need DX10 for HD/BR, but seeing as there are no drives available yet, I'll be holding off. If I'm going to play Crysis, I'll be doing it on my Dual Core HTPC on my 50" screen with a new HDMI DX10 card, not my single core on a 19".

Registered+
    Thanks
    Nice card, shame you can't see the back of it. Is there a slot blocking heatsink that will prevent it being used in a lot of SFF systems?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinleech
    Nice looking card and about time too. However, until DX10 comes along is it really worth it? I know you won't need DX10 for HD/BR, but seeing as there are no drives available yet, I'll be holding off. If I'm going to play Crysis, I'll be doing it on my Dual Core HTPC on my 50" screen with a new HDMI DX10 card, not my single core on a 19".
    when you do, ill expect to get invited round to see it

Thanks

Update - August 25, 2006 15:25

We've updated the news story after Cyberlink advised us about a couple of things to do with the OEM version of PowerDVD 7 that GIGABYTE has opted to bundle with the GV-NX76G256HI-RH.

This doesn't, for instance, have any high-def DVD capabilities - not Blu-ray Disc, nor HD DVD

Thanks
    Is the hdcp standard finalised then? I read somewhere it wasn't and these new gfx cards might not work or something i.e. not be upto the final standard? Will that stop you from playing hdcp media using this gfx card?

PS: I know very little about this subject so may well be very wrong!

EDIT: Found a link it's dated 16 feb this year so may well be irrelivant now
    HERE

Can anyone clarify?
    Last edited by Fidley; 07-09-2006 at 12:51 AM.

HEXUS believes no one person has a monopoly on ideas, and that your opinion matters.

Thanks
    So when will we be able to purchase this card, I'm just putting together a new MCE2005 and this card would be great.

HEADRAT

Thread Information