Thread: Corsair 250D and H80

Registered+
    Thanks

Corsair 250D and H80

Hi. I'm thinking of getting the 250D and cooling the CPU with a H80. I know it will fit but my concern is how much airflow the H80 rad will get considering it will be behind the front panel and will be relying on the holes on the side for intake. Will this compromise the cooling performance?

It looks like you are "meant" to use the H100/H100i but I just can't justify the price increase...

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Corsair 250D and H80

Hello Joseph,
    I wouldn't really say that the case is "meant" for the H100/H100i cooler. It just happens that most of the 250D set up that you have seen online were using the H100/H100i CPU cooler. Essentially, they are trying to show how versatile the case is given its under SFF platform. In reality, the case is actually ideal for both 120 and 240 rad spec.

I don't really have a side by side data comparison between the H80i and H100i in terms of cooling performance when used in a 250D. But, if I have to guess, you'll probably get slightly better result when using H100 due to the rad surface area, especially when system is under load.

This might be of interest to you. It'd probably provide some baseline #s on what to expect when you use either the H80i or H100i.

Source

Source

Registered+
    Thanks

I was actually considering doing my new setup in this case as my current one (the beautiful and unique Ncase M1) is somewhat limited in terms of graphic cards. Been looking at Asus 780 ti models but they won't fit in either model. The other thing is you can use a normal psu in this one where the M1 will make it impossible if you plan on using a full length gpu. Why is silverstone taking so long to release that 600w sfx psu.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
    I was actually considering doing my new setup in this case
    I say go for it.. you will find out the reason why the 250D is ahead of the competition

Thread Information