Thread: Help plz

Thanks

Help plz

Hey everyone!

So I'm looking to build my first gaming PC, and I was looking at fans and water coolers and I didn't know which I should get. My specs I'm gonna buy: i5-4690k, gtx 970 and 16gb. My questions are: My case already has 1 default fan installed should I buy 2 more? Or should I get a water cooler? Or 1 water cooler and 1 fan so in the end I'd have 2 fans and 1 cooler? Any help greatly appreciated

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Help plz

hey PoisonV,
    Lots of folks here are more than happy to assist you with your new build

First, which case are you planning to use? Let's start there since you wanted some recommendation on what water cooler to use. Once we know the case, we'll be able to determine which coolers fits and the ones that don't.

Thanks

Thanks for answering unfortunately I have not posted 5 things so I can't send a link :/ but if you go to amazon and search thermaltake versa H13 M-ATX (it's £30) then you'll find it

but I don't want to spend more then £50 on a water cooler/multiple fans.
    Last edited by PoisonV; 16-08-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks
    • dturtill's system
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX8320
      • Memory:
      • 16 gb Corsair Value
      • Storage:
      • 120 ssd plus 1tb for games
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Amd R7
      • Case:
      • Carbide Spec 03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1

the case will hold a 240 mm rad for water cooling however if £50 is your budget you are more likely to want to go for a 120 mm All in one

whey are you after water cooling are you planning on any Overclocking or is it just for a quiet build?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dturtill View Post
    the case will hold a 240 mm rad for water cooling however if £50 is your budget you are more likely to want to go for a 120 mm All in one

whey are you after water cooling are you planning on any Overclocking or is it just for a quiet build?
    I'm not specifically looking for water cooling, I'm just wondering if I should get 2 extra fans? or a water cooler. and I was just asking that if I bought a water cooler would I need to buy extra fans? or would the default fan in the case be enough? (I'm looking for a quiet build not overclocking)

Thanks
    • dturtill's system
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX8320
      • Memory:
      • 16 gb Corsair Value
      • Storage:
      • 120 ssd plus 1tb for games
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Amd R7
      • Case:
      • Carbide Spec 03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1

with most water cooler setups they come with the fans so you wouldnt need to buy extra , Generally water cooling will give your pc a bit of a lower temp meaning fans dont have to work as hard so can be turned down

Thanks

Go to amazon, search water cooling and find the Corsair Hydro Series H55 (£50). Will this water cooler be fine with the case and the fan that comes in it?

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonV View Post
    Go to amazon, search water cooling and find the Corsair Hydro Series H55 (£50). Will this water cooler be fine with the case and the fan that comes in it?
    For that CPU, H55 is good enough. Changing the stock fan to an after market one is always an upgrade with respect to performance and noise level. But if you want to look for performance liquid cooler, since your case can support 240mm rad, you might want to look into the H100i V2 cooler.

Thanks

the H100i V2 is a bit expensive, so the H55 would be fine with i5-4690k and gtx 970? and I wouldn't need to buy and more fans?

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Yup, H55 is very capable cooling that CPU, you should be fine. As for the fans, well it'll come down to self preference. But try the stock fan first and see if you like. If for any reason you're not happy with it, you can always look our SP120 fans or even the new ML120 fans.

Thread Information