• Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • IIyama PL2779Q - 2560x1440

Problems with Corsair Link on H100i and AX760i

Cooler and PSU operating OK, but the Corsair Link is not operating as expected.

System is Windows 8.1, Asus Maximus VI Hero Motherboard.

1) Initially the H100i was not detected on the USB bus ( connected to the only USB 2 header on the MB) - reading of others experience - unplugged and reconnected the header and the "new hardware" was detected and the appropriate drivers loaded.
    2) The corsair link software then identified that the firmware was out of date and I think it was updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 -- rebooted system
    3) The corsair link software again identified the H100i software was out of data -- this time updating from H100i V1.0.6 to V1.0.7.

Step 1-3 all seems to be as I would expect - often need to go through a sequence of firmware revisions ---
    The problem now is that every time I check for updates in Corsair link - I always get a update notification for the H100i -- Corsair H100i V1.0.7 -> 1.0.7.

This to me indicates one of two possibility's
    a) The update is not 100% successful - with CRC error etc. - repeating update makes no difference.
    b) There is a discrepancy between the version number returned by the firmware in the H100i and that expected by the Corsair link software -- the software has been updated successfully.

Has anyone else had the same problems ? or know a solution to this ?

The second problem is the Corsair Link on the AX760i, once the H100i was operating I started by connecting it to the H100i, while not specified in the supplied documentation- other documents from corsair indicate that the H100i can be used as an alternative to the supplied USB to Corsair Link converter.
    This did not work at all -- is this a feature of the H100i that is no longer supported ?

As the motherboard only has one internal USB 2 header, powered down the system and changed over to the USB-Corsair link converter supplied with the power supply. The corsair Link software picked up the power supply - reporting power supply fan speed, temperature and output and input voltages and currents.

So looks as if its just the H100i link input is not working -- assuming its supposed to be !

The monitoring information returned by the AX760i does not seem to be quite as expected
    - 5V and 3.3V Supply Lines current always reported as 3.00A
    12V ATX and Peripheral current always reported as 0.00A
    The Efficiency and voltage readings seem to be updated -- is this a problem with my example of the AX760i, or inherent in its design ?
    ( As an electronics design engineer, can see its quite possible that the current monitoring on the 3.3V and 5V rails my not operate below 3A, and the 12V rails not report low currents, only looked when system idling.)
    Have others seen this behaviour ? pity its not talked about at all the documentation for the AX760i.

Also have problems with the pass-through USB connector on a Corsair K70 keyboard -- plugged in a M65 Mouse, and OS reported a non functioning USB device ( Mouse works OK in the same USB port when plugged in to it directly rather then by the K70).
    Have plugged in other USB devices and they don't seen to show up at all -

Should be able to connect the H100i and the AX760i to the same USB connector the 0.1" header supports to USB2 ports.

Dave
    Last edited by DaveLEL; 28-05-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • DaveLEL's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • i7-4770K + H100i
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 16 GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 440 EVO 256GB SSD + 2TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3GB GTX780
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):

Re: Problems with Corsair Link on H100i and AX760i

Cannot explain why, but the M65 mouse is now working without a problem via the K70 - just unplugged them and plugged them back it.

Now have the H100i and the corsair USB ->Corsair-Link Hub connected to two USB 2 connectors -- and get all the devices reported in Corsair Link software -- so from a connection point of view it seems only the connection of the AX760i to the H100i does not work.

The issues with the software unchanged -- still offers to update the H100i from V1.0.7 to V1.0.7.

Looking at other comments on line seems I am not the only one to have the odd issue -- may be Windows 8.1 -- have to say come back XP all is forgiven !
    ( Not that NT was to bad )

Dave

Registered+
    Thanks
    • DaveLEL's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • i7-4770K + H100i
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 16 GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 440 EVO 256GB SSD + 2TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3GB GTX780
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):

Re: Problems with Corsair Link on H100i and AX760i

Corsair-link software continues to do odd things -- the monitoring of the power supply, seems to be very intermittent.
    One moment the power supplies parameters are monitored, the next not -- may be only after minimising the program, or another program opened that goes full screen.

Are others seeing the same problems ? looking around there are others having related problems, with no solutions.

Corsair seem to have created the corsair-link system, but the software seems to be unstable - don't know if its the PC application or its the firmware in the AX760i/corsair-link USB adaptor or some oddity of operating under Windows 8.1.
    While the components operate without the corsair-link software functioning, there is a cost premium over similar products without the monitoring capability's, so its not unreasonable to expect more attention to be placed of the software.

Dave

Thread Information