Originally posted by Elmo
I just made these and made it up as i went along, but it seemed to work and they're very tasty!
ok, you will need:
1 bag of chocolate toffee eclaires
what you do:
1. fill a small saucepan with water and place a glass bowl over the top.
2. Bring the water to the boil and add a small knob of butter to the bowl and allow it to melt.
3. Add the eclaires a few at a time to the bowl and stir often to stop them sticking to the bowl till they melt (this may take quite a while, but think of the final product... mmm)
4. Once you've melted all the eclaires (they need to be quite runny), add in a handful of rice crispies/cornflakes at a time stirring to cover them in the toffee mixture, until you cant add anymore.
5. plop out onto a baking tray and spread out thickly
6. pop into the fridge to cool and set
7. once cooled and set, there is the option of melting and pouring a layer of chocolate over the top, but it's up to you, i prefer not to.
and thats it.
gotta say, it's VERY fattening, and sickly, but as long as you dont eat *TOO* much u'll be ok