Thread: Overhaul

Thanks

Overhaul

Whilst I generally dislike remakes of movies, it tends not to happen too much with games, and quite a few times I've wondered if might not be awesome to see some of the brilliant older games given a new lease on life for the next generation.

This could be anything from updating the graphics and sounds, to bigger changes like taking a 2D shooter and making it FPS or 3rd Person.

As I said, I don't like remade movies (with a couple of exceptions), so I'd be more wary of sweeping transformations. Nevertheless, I do think it would be nice to see a few of the old gems updated.

All that said - what would be your nominations for games to get the modern tech overhaul?

Having grown up around an Amiga 500 the first titles that come to mind are:

Turrican 2 - About the best of the 2D platform/shooters, awesome music and graphics, very memorable. It would be good to see a shiny, polished version of the original, and I've thought it might make a good candidate for a transformation to something like a FPS or mulitplayer FPS.
    Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe - so many 'real' sports games/sims, but this was fast paced and brutal like nothing else I've played. Polished up I think it would still stand out in the 'sports' and mulitplayer categories.
    Shadow of the Beast 2 - A super challenging, atmospheric platformer that somehow felt more like it could be an RPG. If they could capture the feel of that world in an RPG it might well be a winner.
    Another World & Flashback - Classic platformer with enough story to go RPG. This could go 3D to become something like Deus Ex. A world worthy of resurrection in an updated version.
    Last edited by Galant; 25-01-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thread Information