Thread: More games? Oh man, I can't keep up!

Thanks

Thumbs down More games? Oh man, I can't keep up!

It’s about time I revealed the truth – I’m crap at games. No, no, it’s more like, I’m slow at games. Driving games not included!

Seems the most other people can whizz through games in a few days, or even hours! They go from the start to the end, killing any mobs which are in the way, sure. Then people proudly tell me how ‘Oh, I finished that ages ago’ or ‘Oh, youve got to see the end of XXXX, it’s really good/bad’ then they move onto the next game AND HAVE A GO AT ME FOR NOT PLAYING IT YET! Argh!

So, is it me? Is it because I like doing side quests; going off the beaten path in order to see if there’s any loot/XP/gold to be found; looking at the sweet gfx, etc.? Damn it, I spent 30 quid on this game, if I was looking at a few hours entertainment I wouldn't have bothered.

To make things worse, and like a lot of other people, I own other games machines as well. I own a Wii (which I haven’t gone near it for months, might thinking about selling it really) and a XB360, as well as my PC. And there’s so many games! On the XB360 there’s Brutal Legend (not finished), FIFA 10 (Not finished a season), I really want Tekken 6 and FORZA 3. That’s because on the PC I’ve got
    Borderlands (not finished) Batman :AA (not finished), PES 2010 (the same as FIFA, but better), Dragon Age (picking up this week), WOW, OP: DR (not finished); and what about MW2 and Assassin 2? Oh – bugger!

Damn you, video games. Damn you, with you’re time-wasting, you're ‘oooh, massive explosion’, you’re slo-mo shenagins...damn you to hell!
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    • Grymdawg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Rampage II Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 C0 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12gig DDR3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 74gig WD Raptor, 1TB F1 Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi 4870X2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09 Black with window
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Syncmaster T220
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity

Re: More games? Oh man, I can't keep up!

I dont think its you, i think you just like to appreciate your purchase and get your moneys worth, different people like different things.

I like to be challenged in a game, graphics arent a huge must for me.

If you're stuck with what to start with, go with batman, its not too difficult.

Yay a custom user title! =assassin='s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlight View Post

So, is it me? Is it because I like doing side quests; going off the beaten path in order to see if there’s any loot/XP/gold to be found; looking at the sweet gfx, etc.?
    You're getting your moneys worth, and playing the game to the fullest - I play like that myself, and so does my mate, exploring every possible area, doing as many side quests as possible, and taking time to soak up the atmosphere and the environments. Too many people just blitz their way through a game, then moan about it lacking content and being too short, when it's more down to their own impatient way of playing the game.

Thanks
    • PeteSmith's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB 8500 Crucial Ballistix
      • Storage:
      • System: Crucial 128GB M4 SSD Storage: 2x500GB WD5000AAKS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 650
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

I generally find myself disapointed in how little playtime i get out of a game, i find i complete them too quickly, and never play them again after finishing the main content of the game. Batman AA for example, somehow i managed to finish that while only comleting 67% of the game. I have lost interest now and will probably never see what more the game had to offer.
    Put it this way, at least your never short of games to play.
    Main PC : Abit IP35-Pro | Q6600 G0 @ 3GHz | 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix 8500 | MSI N460 GTX HAWX | 1 x Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Antec 182 | Corsair HX620 | Dell 2407WFP-HC | Windows 10 x64
    Server : HP MicroServer N40L | 16 GB RAM | 4 X 1 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 | ESXi 6.0 NAS : Synology DS-408 - 4 x 3GB WD RED HTPC : Acer Revo RL70 | LibreElec

Jay
    Thanks

I always try and do all the side quests before I finish a game, I have 90 hours of fallout 3 now and still have two more expansions to go.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • roorooroo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ga-z170-Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • Skylake i7 6700k
      • Memory:
      • 16gb corsair vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB (3xHD), 3xSSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 980ti
      • PSU:
      • tX 850w Corsair
      • Case:
      • cooler master haf92
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" Panasonic
      • Internet:
      • "up to" 152mb

I have a few games still to play from a couple of years ago..i make sure i get the most out of them when i've spent my hard earned on them! Always play on the slo'mo too

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB

I understand what you are saying Deadlight. There is a seriously good amount of games out at the moment, and im a slow player as well - hate rushing through games - really want to get the most out of them. Its like i feel i need a good 3 months off with no work to just immerse myself in them all and catch up

I started playing Demons Souls on the PS3 which i absolutely love but its one of the hardest games of the last few years, and im maybe only half way through - but keeps me coming back for more. On top of this i now have Borderlands,Company of Heroes,Penumbra games,football manager 2010 - plus my addiction to Day of Defeat. So many other games i cant even think of buying yet such as Uncharted 2/ Fallout 3/Bioshock (i know, dont laugh - i haven't played any of these yet )

And then they go and release Dragon Age this week as well

Thanks

I'll give you one example. I got Borderlands on the Thursday - a friend of mine got his after work on Friday. On the Saturday I had a chat with him, and I was saying 'I spent quite a lot of time with this and got to level 17, just beaten Sledge'. 'Oh, yeah he's a PITA, him', he goes. 'I'm up to level 24 now, doing side quests too....'

WHAAAAT?

I'm just sure my friend will finish this in a few days, too. Bugger.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    • stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair 3600 MHZ Cas 18
      • Storage:
      • 250GB BX500, M500 240GB, SN750 1TB NVME, mechs - Hitachi 1TB. WDblue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" Panasonix viera (1080p limited RGB)
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

I tend to rush the game the first time through trying to finish it as soon as possible. then i play it again and try and find everything i missed the first time through - i find its much better the second time, i know here the big bosses and next level/chapter points are, so i tend to prepare better for them.

at the moment i'm getting more and more annoyed at the steam achievements in games - i swear its a just a way of them making sure you keep playing the game
    this is just the past few days:

TodayYou achieved Left 4 Dead: AKIMBO ASSASSIN, DO NOT DISTURB, STAND TALL, GRIM REAPER.
    Nov 01You achieved Left 4 Dead: GROUND COVER, BRONZE METTLE, SILVER BULLETS, VIOLENCE IS GOLDEN.
    Oct 30You achieved Left 4 Dead: MERCY KILLER.
    Oct 29You achieved Left 4 Dead: LAST STAND, TANK STUMBLE.
    Oct 27You achieved Left 4 Dead: SPINAL TAP, PHARM-ASSIST, DEAD STOP, FIELD MEDIC, NO SMOKING SECTION, CLEAN KILL, DEAD BARON, CRASH-PROOF, QUICK POWER

i think i have a bit too much free time

might try and do the gnome quest in HL2:Ep2 next, should keep me occupied for a bit.

Thread Information