Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Console Vs PC - how has your gaming evolved?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Console Vs PC - how has your gaming evolved?

I have a PS3 but it's not really anything but a Blu-ray player anymore. I guess it's partly because of graphics horsepower (60 fps, etc etc) but I also feel like a LOT of the games I play aren't on consoles or wouldn't work on consoles. I play a lot of strategy and my favourite games (I have 2000+ hours in Dota 2 and I adore the Sid Meier's Civilisation series) aren't on console (and I can't imagine every playing them with a controller lol.) So yeah, PC has a lot more strategy games and that really is the genre I love so PC is for me. That said, consoles are unrivaled when it comes to sitting down on the sofa and playing games with friends, or just gaming to wind down so I will always use my PS3, just not as much as my PC.

Yay a custom user title! =assassin='s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Console Vs PC - how has your gaming evolved?

For me it has always been about the controls, I have never felt comfortable with them for FPS/RPG games, which I play alot of; it just doesn't work for me, it feels 'alien'. I also play the Total War series of RTS games alot, and again, a console controller just doesn't work for that type of game either. However, I do think console controllers are much better for things like footy games, beat em' ups, and flight sims. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of them, and would love to have one central device that costs less than £350 and lasts several years, but in their current guise, it's not for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information