Thread: Super Street Fighter II EX Plus Alpha Hyper Fighting Champion Edition Turbo!

Banned
    Thanks

Super Street Fighter II EX Plus Alpha Hyper Fighting Champion Edition Turbo!

Think it had a small mention in the gaming news but:

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, which is by far the best version of the engine (Released after the original and Champion edition, so you get the welcome features of being able to play as the bosses and nice fast gameplay, but before it got too messy with the new characters and super moves), also known as Street Fighter II Turbo is coming to the Xbox Live arcade!

Its only the best fighting game ever, and now you can play online against other gamers. This will be great. I say 'now' its actually 'early 2006' or March according to most people.

All the standard modes from the arcade version, with a fantastic 'virtual arcade' mode. Basically, whilst 2 players are fighting, you can watch from the lobby, and then put down your virtual quarter (or 50p for us Brits) and be the next man on. So its a real winner-stays-on row, just like back in the day. Add in some trash talking on the head set and you have the full playing in the arcade \ chip shop experiance. Old school quailty.

And of course, Microsoft can now boast they have the worlds first virtual chip shop, missing only the chips and the shop! Thats pretty close. Works for me though - in the 90s this game was so popular there wasn't a chippy for miles that didn't have a Street Fighter II machine. There was even a hacked Rainbow Edition machine in one of them; it was crap as I remember, but it was Capcom reacting to faster, crazier hacks of the quite slow and boring original that gave us the refined and very much perfect Hyper Fighting edition.

Anyway - *the* premium version of the Street Fighter II engine, fully online, virtual arcade, leaderboards, stats... brilliant.

I am going to spend far too much time on this.

Funny how everyone reckons they are some sort of Street Fighter God when you ask them... well now we will find out.

HEXUS Street Fighter II tournaments will need to happen. I'll be the one taking you apart at the joints with Ken.

Can't wait.

Who will be up for a row?

EDIT - Straight from the horses mouth, Capcom spills the beans and makes people happy.

http://www.capcom.com/news/news.xpml?prid=550063
    Last edited by Stewart; 07-01-2006 at 12:00 PM.

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net
    Cool, but Street Fighter anniversary collection was online too, and that was truly a great game.
    There has been something of a resurgence in the popularity of SF2 with the release of Hyper Street Fighter 2 to the arcades (a mix of all SF2 games from Original to Super)

They really REALLY need to make that game compatible with the 360 and bring out another Arcade stick (except for the DOA one)

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, not the first time, but this looks like its going to be a blast.

I'm looking forward to this more than my actual 360 games. I've come a bit late to the party on that front; getting my 360 Tuesday.

PGR3 and Perfect Dark seemed the safest bet to have good single, multi and online play, but relaxing with my wireless pad and beating down all the people who think they can play this game is going to be something else.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    I cannot wait for this to show up, worth buying credits for without question!

The Live Arcade is one of the best bits about the 360 I reckon. I've put in plenty of time with Geometry Wars and even the missus enjoys it. Hope they put more old classics on there as time goes by.
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys
    I cannot wait for this to show up, worth buying credits for without question!

The Live Arcade is one of the best bits about the 360 I reckon. I've put in plenty of time with Geometry Wars and even the missus enjoys it. Hope they put more old classics on there as time goes by.
    Indeed. This is a must buy.

And yes, by far the best thing about the 360 at the moment is the quality of the Live Arcade. Its class. Smash TV, Geo Wars, now this, and 20 more games by March.

With the Nintendo Revs retro gaming avalible for download and Microsoft with this collection of beauties things are looking good for the retro gamer. We can have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Stewart; 07-01-2006 at 02:13 PM.

Thread Information