• 550W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Zalman
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S27C590H
      • Internet:
      • Orange Livebox Wireless ADSL - Sucks something rotten, and SFR Neuf box. Sucks less.

Eurostar and credit cards

What is the problem with Eurostar? When you buy a Eurostar ticket on-line or by phone, you have to be present, with the credit card that bought the ticket when you collect it. Why?

I recently tried to buy my daughter a weekend in Brussels with me but I couldn't do it. She was feeling a bit down and I thought a couple of nights of beer and waffles would see her right. She has a credit card of her own, but just recently had to buy 475 quid's worth of course books on it, so she couldn't buy the tickets. I could, easily, but I am in Brussels and I didn't need tickets in Brussels, I needed them in London or Ashford. We decided to do this on the Tuesday night with her travelling on Friday, so I couldn't trust the mail if I bought them here and sent them. A courier guaranteed delivery was 110 Euros, so screw that.

I asked if I could buy them in person and send them over on the train. No.

So my daughter couldn't come and see me. I was disappointed, my daughter was disappointed, my wife was disappointed and the dog would have been disappointed, if he had the brains of a carrot.

And for what? What can possibly be the point of this asininity? You don't need your CC to come over and back by Eurotunnel, you don't need it to fly, you just need the booking code and your ID.

I am really annoyed about this. It's just stupidity. There is no sensible reason that I can think of to justify another annoying, pointless limitation on my freedom. B'stards. I hope that whichever proto-primate moron came up with this is stuck on the wrong side of the channel without a ticket or credit card one day. I hope he has to hang around Brussels' Gare Midi all night with the junkies, hookers, drunks and Eurostar Employee Fanciers. Take that in your tunnel!

(Thanks Evilmunky)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes.

Thanks
    • alsenior's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Lanparty Jr x58-T3H6
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 6 x 2GB ocz Gold
      • Storage:
      • 1 TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1gb 4890 vapor-x xfire
      • PSU:
      • xfx 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian-li Pc7
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2208WFP
      • Internet:
      • 30mb Virgin media

Re: Eurostar and credit cards

is a bit ass backward . i hope that they don't start doing this with flights. i just bought me dad a ticket to Amsterdam to Barcelona
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    What kind of emergency would need Windows 95? I think you are already in a bad state of emergency when your backup plan is Windows 95.
    Beginners guide to raid Beginners guide to raid post edition Hexus.Social - FAQ

Thanks

I've booked Eurotunnel tickets several times (most recently this morning for travel this evening) and all I've had to do was give a letter to the person travelling saying that the card is in my name but I authorise the named person with the letter to travel on a booking made on my card.

Occasionally the phone monkey will tell me that what I want to do isn't possible, but I just ask to be transferred to someone else and it has been sorted without a problem.

Thanks

i had that a number of times as well and it is stupid...

there is too many dumb people who is writing the rules who don't think about the consequences...

off topic another pet hate...if you renew your licences for those with photos, the actual licence is now in TWO parts, a plastic bit and paper bit...why?!

I am sure people will lose the paper statement sooner or later...

Thread Information