• Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Angry Parcel Force are a terrible company - never use them

On Friday 23rd of January I was sent a parcel using their 24hr delivery service. Fair enough, it was sent from Germany and on a Friday so I wasn't expecting to get it in 24 hrs! Anyway, coz the card address is my home address it was delivered there on the Monday 26th. I was at work, so it was sent back and I went on the web to request a re-direction to my work address. All done, should have been delivered to my work on Wednesday 28th. It didn't arrive.

Phoned them up asking why it wasn't delivered and they said it wasn't requested! So the person said, 'It will be delivered to your work address tomorrow.'. It still didn't arrive.

Phoned again on Friday 30th in the evening and they said again there was no redirection so it was put through and would be delivered on Monday 2nd February. Guess what? It STILL didn't arrive.

Phoned AGAIN on Tuesday 3rd and spoke to someone else who said AGAIN there was no redirection and it would be delivered the next day. Guess what?? It STILL DID NOT arrive!!!

Now I'm getting really stressed, and I have a REALLY BAD temper. So I call up and demand to speak to a supervisor. Some idiot comes on the phone and says, 'But we can't get in contact with the Slough branch, they're useless.'. I can't believe he actually said to a customer that the Slough branch is useless!!! Anyway, he said there was nothing he could do and I had to speak to the branch itself as they deal with there own customer service.

So I tried to call them. And I tried. And I tried. And I get a little stressed by the fact they weren't answering there phones. So I try again. AND again. AND AGAIN. Now I'm MAD!

I call there central number again and ask again to speak to a Manager. Get a nice friendly lady who says the same thing. I have to contact the branch. I said to her that I can't believe that there is no way you can't get in touch with them (the Slough branch) and she gave me a few other numbers to call. So I try calling them. And I try again. And I try again.

I've tried calling the Slough depot for a total of one and a half days, literally EVERY 5-10 minutes and THEY WON'T ANSWER!!!

This company is USELESS. There customer service is TERRIBLE. And I STILL HAVEN'T GOT MY PARCEL!!!

I'm going down to Slough tomorrow with a f***ing baseball bat and I'm gonna break some bones...

Nox
    Vorsprung durch Technik
    Thanks
    • Nox's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Yes
      • CPU:
      • Yes
      • Memory:
      • Yes
      • Storage:
      • Yes
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Yes
      • PSU:
      • Yes
      • Case:
      • Yes
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes
      • Internet:
      • Yes
    sounds like its slough giving the rest of the company a hard time, they are right with the 'we can't contact them' though, as you've proven yourself. i've not actually had any probs with parcel force before. maybe they are still snowed in

Nox

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox
    *snip*
    they are right with the 'we can't contact them' though, as you've proven yourself.
    *snip*
    But that itself is ridiculous! Why can't it's head office contact any of it's branches, other than through the public lines?? I too work in the industry (albeit the freight one) and I have direct contact numbers for people in the branches. I can get in touch with any of them, and none of them refuse to answer the phones just coz they're busy. If they are busy they should hire more staff!

Thanks
    Parcel Force were featured on BBC Watchdog a few weeks ago. They insisted that they delivered 99% of 100 million parcels a year without any problem.

Thing is though, 1% of 100 million is a very large number of broken promises...
    Simon

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    I don't watch TV anymore so I wouldn't know about that... Seems as though I am in the unlucky 1% of the nation yet again!

Looks like I'm going there tomorrow to bash some heads together.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Still haven't got my parcel. I've threatened to go down there, I've threatend legal action, I've called every day since last Wednesday... Still nothing!

What can I do? This company is useless!!

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    Still haven't got my parcel. I've threatened to go down there, I've threatend legal action, I've called every day since last Wednesday... Still nothing!

What can I do? This company is useless!!
    Turn up with a bat and start smashing cars up in the car park. Eventually you'll get the managers car. They WILL have your parcel ready before you get that far!

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Well I did think of travelling down there on the Saturday, but then I thought, 'Why should I have to travel all the way to Acton to collect my parcel when they should of delivered it!'.

They are not responding to my emails or telephone calls so apart from writing a letter to them, where would I stand with trading standards?

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    Parcel Farce are awful, I should know I know someone who works for them and I see all the staff mailings, they try their best to say they are good, but as they say no point beating a dead horse, million a day they lose or something last year (monetary)

hate to say it, but they won't even give you the cost back, should have used FedEx, if its late its free.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Unfortunately, I'm not the shipper, I'm the consignee so I didn't get a choice. And they will give me the cost back if they've lost, even if it was only £25! I'd want compensation too.

As I said before, I have a very bad temper, they won't want me banging on their doors!

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    parcel force is the only profession (if you can call it that) in which you can run up to people's doorbells, ring, and then run away again for a living...
    oh yeah and you get to drive a big van too. corners on 2 wheels is a common competition as well as 'less see if we have any breakables in here' and not forgetting the time honoured classic 'post a card with a time of day you know NO ONE will be home at and then have the rest of the day off'...

bunch of punks all of 'em. I'd say use one of the more reputable companies such as fedex or similar.