• Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Exclamation *Please ALL read*

This is the word of GOD! (well Zak33, next best thing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    The rules on HEXUS are very simple. They should be abided by at all times.

Foul language will not be tolerated and it seems people have started to do this more and more. The filter is there for a VERY good reason - trying to avoid its function is not allowed.

* Threatening behaviour is not acceptable.
    * Starring out some letters is not acceptable.
    * Starring out words is not acceptable.
    * Swearing is not acceptable.

Do not do it - we will be handing out warnings on a new system now and this will revoke your access if you consistently offend. Its very easy to have a conversation and not be rude or abusive.

Tone down the language if you are guilty of this. There will be no exceptions for this - its a family forum, words such as crap etc are acceptable, but derogatory and rude words are not.

If you have to star any letters or the whole word out then you should not be saying it!
    In the FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexus FAQ
    Swearing is unacceptable on HEXUS. Please do not do it. We will be handing out warnings on a new system now and this will revoke your access if you consistently offend.

It’s very easy to have a conversation and not be rude or abusive, so tone down the language if you are guilty of this. There will be no exceptions for this – it’s a family forum, words such as crap, etc. are acceptable, but derogatory and rude words are not.

Many unacceptable words are in the swear filter anyway, and so will not appear on the forum if used anyway. But if people star out parts of words, we WILL construe that as a deliberate attempt to bypass both our rules and our intent, and will deal with it in that light. If you have to star out a word or any letters in it, then you should not be saying it. Find another way to express yourself.

Swearing is always a difficult subject to create rules on, since what is or is not swearing is subjective, and different people will have different opinions.

So our guideline is …. Please don’t do it.

In summary, please note :-

· Starring out words is not acceptable

· Starring out some letters in unacceptable words is not acceptable
    and ...also in the FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexus FAQ
    We aim to keep the atmosphere in the forum polite, and suitable for members of all ages. To achieve this, we expect and require all members to observe certain standards of behaviour.

Threatening, insulting and abusive posts will not be tolerated. Please treat other members courteously and respectfully.

If you feel someone is acting unreasonably towards you, please refer it to a moderator and do NOT respond in kind. We know this can be hard, but please try. We’d much prefer to keep such incidents to the minimum rather than try to sort out a flaming session afterwards.

Also, if you see a member acting unreasonably towards another member, please report it to a moderator rather than jumping in yourself. If a flame war erupts, and you’ve participated, you may end up facing the consequences even if you didn’t start things.
    And we would also like to bring up the subject of images, moreover images containing swearing, offensive images, and other dubious content that have appeared lately. If in doubt, don't post it.

Hexus has always taken pride in it's friendly and welcoming atmosphere, something that has been severely lacking of late & the powers that would like to see a return to n00b friendly, caring, giving Hexus.

Thankyou for your time
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

2. Received thanks from:

david@scan (29-06-2009)

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Re: *Please ALL read*

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thread Information