Thread: how to write a letter

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks

how to write a letter

following my lovely experience the other day - as mentioned in this post
    http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.p...7&page=1&pp=15

I have begun to make a letter to the top people at DFS, whether it'll do much good remains to be seen but I feel its a necessary step to inform the company about their cr*p drivers and arsey football louts, angry at the loss to france the night before looking for someone else to blame...

so, I can't seem to find anywhere an address for DFS head quarters [faceless company??] or a name for that matter.

here's what I have so far
    Dear Sir

At 10.30am on Monday 14th June 2004 one of your delivery lorry drivers deliberately endangered my life through dangerous driving and subsequently forced me off the road by hitting me off my mountain bike. After knocking me off my bike the driver then proceeded to assault me, he gripped me round the throat and hit me no less than twice, claiming I was in the wrong. Not only did he nearly kill me on the road but he also threatened my life by claiming he would kill me having only recently be released from prison for murder. I do not take threats lightly, neither do I appreciate his attempts to intimidate me, furthermore his actions whilst driving and then assaulting me are utterly inexcusable. As an employee of your company I believe you will take the appropriate steps to discipline the driver in question and ensure this never happens again for my sake and other road users.
    I have informed the police with a statement of what occurred, including the vehicle registration and the driver’s name, I have also found out the store from which the delivery lorry originates:

Vehicle registration: AE51YTC
    Driver’s name: Darren Dickenson
    Originating store: South Ruislip

...i kind of stopped there cause can't think of anything else to add. so any help would be great
    my dad amusingly said they might offer me a free sofa but i'd rather not have my house burnt down by a nasty cheap bit of furniture thanks!
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Thanks
    Well, isn't it good just like that? Do you have to add more, besides a good ending? I'm sorry about the accident btw. And I really hope that the company will take it really seriously, otherwise sue em' or something. I had a friend here in Sweden who did that, and it went VERY very good, even better than he thought!

Wishing you the best luck mate!
    //Moonshade
    Love, Peace and Linux

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    ta MS