• Coolermaster cm690 modded
      • Operating System:
      • Windows7 home premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer H243H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin broadband

Re: ATOS Medical Assessment .

problem is the disabled are an easy target for the cost cutter's , yes some should not get the DLA etc but what gets me is the people than speak very little English and claim JSA and have more gold on than mr T.
    they are stood in the doorway of the local pub bragging how much they get (more than £71 for a start) , these should be the target and not most of the unfit for work disabled but say anything and you end up in court/police station (but that's another topic) .
    for instance a shop has opened around the corner from me with 2 running it from Iraq and they claim jsa , they sell fake fags etc and they were reported I was told but nothing has been done .
    how do these people get away with it when the disabled get punished just for being disabled ?

Thanks
    • flearider's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asrock taichi x370
      • CPU:
      • ryzen 1700@4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16gb gskill flare cl14 3200
      • Storage:
      • 500mb 850 evo + 1tb hd space
      • Graphics card(s):
      • gigabyte r9 290
      • PSU:
      • evga 850
      • Case:
      • LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Red 2xtripple 1xquad rads
      • Operating System:
      • win 7 ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • toshiba 32"
      • Internet:
      • 65 d/30 up ee

Quote Originally Posted by jiggeruk View Post
    But what would you do if you had got so ill work had become impossible to carry on with and got told you are 100% fit for work?
    well if i could/can get out of bed then i'm fit for work ..because i don't just sit there then i'm moving which is good ..worst thing i can do is stay in one position for to long ..
    like i said over come what you have don't sit there and pitty yourself and think you should be taken care of .. over come whats been throw at you it's far to easy to give up ..
    a little pain lets you know your alive ..and a good combi of pain killers stops it getting worst ..
    What does it matter now if men believe or no?
    What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
    To murmur in pity that my words were true
    (Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

To see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ....

Thanks
    • flearider's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asrock taichi x370
      • CPU:
      • ryzen 1700@4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • gigabyte r9 290
      • PSU:
      • evga 850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • win 7 ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • toshiba 32"
      • Internet:
      • 65 d/30 up ee

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    One word TRUST , how do you trust a government prepared to fake results in order to save money , and see you as fit even if your not.

Where is the middleground to stop them using work as justification for the ability to work even if it half kills you to do it ? ( I heard this is what they did even before the new changes ) so whats to stop them doing it now and cutting your benefit off completely ?

Futhermore what happens if you become worse through work , be it physically or mentally , how is that taken into account or recognised when their already ignoring everything else ?

Will they pay for special treatment that maybe required and otherwise avoided had that disabled person not been forced to work , and what happens if there is none and that person is left permanently worse with no money to even pay for options themselves ?

Work by definition requires repetition so its reliable , in a nutshell this one reason why employing the disabled is bad , because most cant do it.
    and trust is a double edge sword .. as many out there on the sick .. well just arnt ..

Thanks
    • chaotic_russ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CrosshairIV Formula 890FX
      • CPU:
      • PHENOM II 1100T X6 @4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • RipJawX PC3-12800C9 2x4gb
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Onyx 64gb SSD + 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent Pro M1000W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer H243H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin broadband

Quote Originally Posted by flearider View Post
    and trust is a double edge sword .. as many out there on the sick .. well just arnt ..
    that's the thing they treat everybody the same like everybody/most is trying to rip off the system , and them that are get away with it and this needs addressing

Thanks
    • flearider's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asrock taichi x370
      • CPU:
      • ryzen 1700@4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • gigabyte r9 290
      • PSU:
      • evga 850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • win 7 ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • toshiba 32"
      • Internet:
      • 65 d/30 up ee

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic_russ View Post
    that's the thing they treat everybody the same like everybody/most is trying to rip off the system , and them that are get away with it and this needs addressing
    ok yes and no i'd say 60% are ripping off the system ..(my views)and i know a fair few are ..ohh my back or i had an accident,what ever ..we are turning into a sponging nation ..it's not your right it's there just incase .. with so few jobs about it's easyer to pay your way to play on it ..if i and others can do it well why can't you .. and if you really need it well you will get it .. nuff said ...

Thanks
    • chaotic_russ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CrosshairIV Formula 890FX
      • CPU:
      • PHENOM II 1100T X6 @4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • RipJawX PC3-12800C9 2x4gb
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Onyx 64gb SSD + 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent Pro M1000W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer H243H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin broadband

if you need it you get it ? , I have been disabled since birth and getting worse the older I get and had 6 operations on my feet/legs and hips .
    I now have spondalosis (spelt incorrect I know) and may have cancer and I was found fit for work , my doctor could not believe it and all the medical evidence about the pain I am in I have is still ignored .
    am I ripping the system off ? , they say yes you have a problem but can do something but my question is who will employ me if I am always having time off to visit the hospital for treatment ? .
    it seems that they are trying to kill off some of the disabled just to save money tbh
    Last edited by chaotic_russ; 13-04-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

well if i could/can get out of bed then i'm fit for work ..because i don't just sit there then i'm moving which is good ..worst thing i can do is stay in one position for to long ..
    like i said over come what you have don't sit there and pitty yourself and think you should be taken care of .. over come whats been throw at you it's far to easy to give up ..
    a little pain lets you know your alive ..and a good combi of pain killers stops it getting worst ..
    1 )Painkillers will destroy your stomach in the long run ( I had very bad Gastritis I eventually managed to control partly caused by it ( no help from NHS who wouldnt even given me an Endoscopy )

2 ) Painkillers mask problems which is the worst thing for certain conditions - esp joint related ones where incorrect movement caused by lack of sensory awareness ( like in EDS /HMS ) make them far worse and lead to other issues like increased damage to fascia / muscle balance.

3 ) PKs are like any other drug, you can become addicted or resistant so you keep gong harder ( I was almost ODing on morphine and tequila at one point )

4 ) You seem ignorant about conditions that are made worse and endangered through movement , repetition and prolonged stress - in your case ( arthritis ) I can see why movement would help , but this is the exception not the rule

5 ) I agree doing as much as your able to is best, but what if that means going beyond accepted definitions because you are literally that poor / desperate or there is no treatment in the for your problem in the UK ?

Do you sit there and wallow or become pissed at life , or would you be prepared to go to " any " measures , even at your own risk ?

6 ) What happens if you find a way to travel to get treatment ( let say outside the UK ) or get proof otherwise denied to you by NHS funding , do you know that NHS can refute that evidence on the grounds they would still need to prove it for themselves however they see fit ? ( Look at cancer patients denied certain drugs despite evidence )

7 ) Lack of trust , I had the top orthopedic surgeon here blackmail point blank into doing rehab ( like I needed the incentive ) but he gave me hope if it didnt work he would consider me for an op - the guy smiled at me 10 months later and then told me otherwise..
    Last edited by melon; 13-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Last time I checked we still had Job Centres. We don't need to hand out a lucrative contract to anyone.
    You've never hired anyone for any job. Seriously a 5 minuite phone call and you know they want to stay on their benefits, plenty have said as much. I remember one girl objecting because we needed her to start at 8am..... Why is that a problem I asked, the public transport has been working for 2 hours!

People like to pretend that it isn't the case that a lot of people on JSA just can't be bothered. I've never had any kind of applicant from the Job Centre or Job Centre Plus that wasn't a complete waste of time. The private agencies are much better. If you actually want a job, you'll register with them.
    I have no idea why you don't get disabled people applying for jobs. How many did you ask?
    Oh so now when you want a job you wait until someone asks you?! This is why we have such a large NEET workforce.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Well if that's how you feel then I think we are peeing into the wind carrying on with this discussion. Tip: we seem to have plenty of disabled people on this forum. Link your job adverts for scrutiny maybe you will learn something.

Thanks

You seem like a real stand up fella. I hope if the worst happens you get the support from the system you've paid into thats all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic_russ View Post
    according to the gov we don't that's why we are in dept but they still spend billions to be in the eu which rises in cost every year , will the eu take care of us disabled when we are near death due to being force to work when unfit ? . I don't think so
    Very true. We also have enough money to pay multi millionaires (current Prime Minister included) disability allowance and write off TAX bills at will.

Account closed at user request
    Thanks
    • wasabi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85M-G43
      • CPU:
      • i3-4130
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig DDR3 Crucial Rendition 1333 - cheap!
      • Storage:
      • 128 gig Agility 3, 240GB Corsair Force 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silver Power SP-S460FL
      • Case:
      • Lian Li T60 testbanch
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • First F301GD Live
      • Internet:
      • Virgin cable 100 meg

Well if that's how you feel then I think we are peeing into the wind carrying on with this discussion. Tip: we seem to have plenty of disabled people on this forum. Link your job adverts for scrutiny maybe you will learn something.
    There are hundreds of jobsites online. Why on earth should he post here, never mind the fact commercial posting is banned? I suggest the disabled look in particular on the public sector ones like http://www.jobsgopublic.com . Almost all public sector places I've been at are falling over themselves to hire ethnic and disabled people. You're almost guaranteed the job if you meet the minimum requirements. They get slaughtered by auditors if they don't.

Account closed at user request
    Thanks
    • wasabi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85M-G43
      • CPU:
      • i3-4130
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig DDR3 Crucial Rendition 1333 - cheap!
      • Storage:
      • 128 gig Agility 3, 240GB Corsair Force 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silver Power SP-S460FL
      • Case:
      • Lian Li T60 testbanch
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • First F301GD Live
      • Internet:
      • Virgin cable 100 meg

Very true. We also have enough money to pay multi millionaires (current Prime Minister included) disability allowance and write off TAX bills at will.
    I wasn't aware David Cameron is on Disability Allowance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Why on earth should he post here
    Because he has never talked to disabled people about work and he seems to be failing to attract the most lucrative clients?

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    I wasn't aware David Cameron is on Disability Allowance?
    Are you aware we have enough money to pay multi millionaires disability allowance?
    Last edited by jigger; 13-04-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks
    • BobF64's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Multiple HDD and SSD drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-06G
      • PSU:
      • 750W Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP ZR24w

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    I remember one girl objecting because we needed her to start at 8am..... Why is that a problem I asked, the public transport has been working for 2 hours!
    And there in lies the problem, people have been allowed to do things on their own terms, rather on terms that should be imposed on them.

Think of it like you would an employment contract, as long as you work in accordance with your contract you remain employed, if you dont, you get fired. In simplest terms that is.

As soon as you allow the employee to do whatever they like, it results in anarchy.

JSA is no different, look for work, hand in rejection/interview letters, have feedback from any interviews, and as long as you dont get lots of negative feedback, you keep getting JSA because youre actively trying to work.
    Fail to perform to your side of the contract, you get dropped to the special benefits, where you turn up and get a loaf of bread and a bottle of water.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you aware we have enough money to pay multi millionaires disability allowance?
    Assuming your referring to the mans son, in which case I'd imagine he only gets the non-means tested portions.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF64 View Post
    And there in lies the problem, people have been allowed to do things on their own terms, rather on terms that should be imposed on them.
    I'm still staggered by this attitude people should sit on the bench until someone asks them to take this job...

I think it would be fascinating to have some social sciences studies on attitudes towards work and training of those in the South were un-employment is low, vs those in the North where its high.

One thing I always found in London is the distance people moved an travelled to get their job, even those who are born and bred generally live on the other side to where they were born. When you consider in London how many jobs there are 1 mile that is really something. It would be enlightening to see far people bother to look for work in areas of very high un-employment.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information