Secondary: European geography

Thanks

Re: Hexus Mastermind?

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville View Post
    I'll take that action...

Primary - Classic Land Rovers
    Secondary - Metallica
    Noted!

Please can you sign up here, also? We'll be using that thread for questions etc. - http://forums.hexus.net/general-disc...re-please.html
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j1979 View Post
    sounds like fun
    Primary: Red Dwarf TV series
    Secondary: European geography
    Cheers!

Please can you sign up here also? : http://forums.hexus.net/general-disc...re-please.html
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

I was thinking maybe one round that's more difficult for people to cheat on. For example a picture based round, an obscured face, image, landmark, animal or product. It would take a little extra time to prepare a question but if we all chip in...

something like, Name the boxer

or name the country

What do you think Galant?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j1979 View Post
    I was thinking maybe one round that's more difficult for people to cheat on.
    I'm honestly not too concerned about people cheating. It's not a strict competition but more a personal challenge and point of interest. If anyone wants to 'cheat' I can't stop them. It's just an opportunity for a challenge. People can take that as they will. I just hope people enjoy this!

Quote Originally Posted by j1979
    For example a picture based round, an obscured face, image, landmark, animal or product. It would take a little extra time to prepare a question but if we all chip in... What do you think Galant?
    Nice idea, but maybe it would work better as a different thread entirely, a sort of on-going general knowledge quiz thread? I only say that because my thinking on this was for people to be able to be asked, and answer, questions on a subject they feel they know a bit about, and for now, I'd like to limit it to that. Having said that, incorporating picture questions within the 20 mastermind questions to be asked might be a great idea. Users can go ahead and submit picture questions for the requested topics, via PM, and they can be included in the list.

Cheers!

Thanks

We're now just over half-way through the 9 initial contestants that signed up to the Hexus Mastermind thread. Shouldn't be a surprise, what with Hexus being what it is, but I've been genuinely impressed by the level of knowledge available on-tap.

The subjects covered have included:

8-bit Games
    8 & 16 Bit Computers
    Space Exploration History
    Star Trek: Voyager
    General Knowledge
    The Royal Navy 1700s and 1900-1945
    The film 'Spacehunter: Adventures In The Forbidden Zone'
    The Yamaha FJ1200 3XW motorcycle!

Then, still to come we have:
    Classic Land Rovers
    Metallica
    Red Dwarf
    European geography
    Only Fools and Horses
    Irish History
    The Bible
    The Alien films

If you fancy yourself a bit of a buff in any given area - sign up and prove it! The 'Sign-Up thread' is a sticky on the General Discussion main page.

Also - and importantly - even if you don't want to answer any questions - if you think you know anything about any of the upcoming subjects please don't hesitate to submit a question - the more the merrier and the more assistance I get in creating questions the faster I can turn out the question threads.

Thanks to j1979, ik9000 & opel80uk who have all contributed questions so far.

Special shout-out to j1979 who has contributed at least one question for each of the nine contestants currently signed up - cheers!

Thanks to everyone who has participated this far!

Thanks

The last of the original nine Hexus Mastermind quizzes has been completed and is now scored. All of the original quizzes have been given links in the OP of the sign-up thread for easy access as suggested by ik9000.

I'd like to give a shout out to j1979, Ttaskmaster, Ferral, ik9000, opel80uk, Macadee for their submissions of questions (Don't think I've missed anyone from this list but if I have please don't hesitate to remind me - credit where credit is due!)

Shout out as well to the mod-squad and the evil Admin over-lords who have permitted this and encouraged me in it. Much appreciated - and special thanks to Zak33 for that thread! Cheers mate!

Thanks as well to everyone who has participated and borne with my mistakes and delays. I have appreciated your patience!

With that all said, I see no reason that this has to stop here if there are others who would like to sign-up. Or if people, or the mods/admins think it should be given rest, then that's fine too, I could always resurrect it for next summer. Whatever people prefer really, just let me know what you think.

For any future quizzes I'll try to refine and standardise the format a bit so that the number and extent of multiple choice answers are the same. Any suggestions along those lines are more than acceptable! I could also replace the 'secondary' subject with just a general knowledge section is preferred.

On a slightly different note, one future variation could be to seek out commonly desired topics whereby a subject which is requested/submitted by many could be have a quiz created, and then individuals would submit their answers by PM. After the deadline (or when all contestants have answered) I would post the answer 'sheet' along with the scored submissions so people can see how they did?

Last of all, opel80uk, has offered to head up a quiz for me if I want to do one, with submission questions to be sent in his direction. My primary subject has sort of already gone with the last one, the Bible, so I'd be less confident in my 'expertise' on anything else, although I could either refine it and go for Biblical Christianity, Evangelical theology, or then again, go in a different direction entirely and seem if a rummage around at the back of my brain might not be able to cope with something related to the X-Men or maybe sharks.

So I'll have a think about that.

Right, I'm off to bed.

See you guys later, look forward to any feedback anyone might have.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

Most of all sir, thank YOU, for running a sterling quiz and organising everything behind the scenes! I cannot imagine it was easy as I was difficult enough to wrangle, so kudos sir! Massive respect where it's due

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information