Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh user, couple of questions to ask if that's OK?

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

Re: Fresh user, couple of questions to ask if that's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Askew View Post
    Thanks for the reply, you have a crazy amount of posts!
    I came here for the Scan Shipping deal too

At one point I was managing over a dozen posts a day. I don't have that kind of time any more.

2. Received thanks from:

Askew (25-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Askew View Post
    The trap?

I don't intend to buy anything today, I've ordered 2 things from Scan in the last 36 hours already, I was aware of this offer for some time but never got round to signing up because I didn't think I'd want to post here but today decided to come give it a try.

I read the offer post thoroughly, it says nothing about maintaining a presence and as you're not staff I'm going to continue to assume that, I will link my account after 20 posts and see what happens with the free shipping the next time I order, if Scan honours it then great, if not then I'm not going to lose my **** over it but I would of course pass on the word that the offer terms are not accurate as it's my opinion that if a maintained presence is required then it should be made clear.
    As Peter said, there is a clause of "regular and active". I was just trying to point this out in a friendly way ,as I have seen people lose their free shipping over it and then post to see why at a later date.

You're correct in that I'm not staff, but I was an Admin on here for many years and have helped people out with countless issues like this. Again, I was just trying to offer advice on free shipping (given that this post opens with the admission that you're here because of it) so that you keep it long term. Some things are easy to miss, which is evident if you've "thoroughly" read the posts on it and missed it already.

Just trying to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

4. Received thanks from:

Askew (25-07-2014),Saracen (26-07-2014)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    As Peter said, there is a clause of "regular and active". I was just trying to point this out in a friendly way ,as I have seen people lose their free shipping over it and then post to see why at a later date.

You're correct in that I'm not staff, but I was an Admin on here for many years and have helped people out with countless issues like this. Again, I was just trying to offer advice on free shipping (given that this post opens with the admission that you're here because of it) so that you keep it long term. Some things are easy to miss, which is evident if you've "thoroughly" read the posts on it and missed it already.

Just trying to help!
    OK thank you, I've read all the stuff I was linked and I understand the situation better now, I had not read the FAQ, only the OP from '08.

I suppose did ask for a post like yours because of my OP admission as you've pointed out, again thanks for the advice.

6. Received thanks from:

peterb (25-07-2014),Saracen (26-07-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information