Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Israel/Gaza Conflict

Thanks

Re: Israel/Gaza Conflict

It seems to me that some very smart people need to figure out a way to do surgery here.

What Gaza needs is health and prosperity. The UN, Israel, and allies need to work to achieve this. There needs to be an investment in prosperity, not just destruction. This needs to be addressed and made a major focus. It's what the people in Gaza really need.

Of course, the big problem here is hostility against Israel, for which the figurehead is Hamas. Therefore, along with the plan to seek the prosperity of Gaza there needs to be a very clever, very wise, eagle-eyed plan to dismantle, disrupt, undermine and bring down Hamas as prosperity is pursued. It would require surgical precision and maybe it's not possible, but I don't see any way forward. More and more it's becoming clear that Gaza is being handled with blunt instruments. Although I acknowledge that Israel is attempting to be precise and avoid unnecessary collateral damage, I think it's proving clear that even those methods are just not precise enough. It's just too easy for Hamas to hide and at some point someone is going to have to say that for all the good intentions it isn't working.

Of course, a Palestinian revolt from the inside against Hamas would be ideal, perhaps with Egyptian or other Arab help. Maybe that should be pursued? I've no idea how likely this is though. Perhaps it's one more tool that needs to be pursued by the UN and Israel.

Either way, the more I look at this, the more I think the whole approach here has to change. Israel has a right to exist and to defend itself, but for the sake of recognising and honouring the right to life and the value of life of the innocent Palestinians, I think a more shrewd and precise plan is needed. The question though, is whether the UN or others are willing to identify Hamas or similar individuals/groups as the cancer/enemy that needs removal. If that call isn't made, if the precision of view doesn't exist, precision of action cannot exist either.

So, do people care enough or will the UN and others continue on the crazy-go-round of doing the exact same things and expecting different results?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Unlimited Truce agreed to by Israel and Hamas, although the firing has yet to stop. Further meetings with Egypt to take place to 'iron out the details'.

Part of the agreement includes a partial lifting of the blockade on Gaza to permit building materials etc through.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

I see that George Galloway got a good kicking.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information