• Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Re: Vaporizers, E-cigarettes, etc.

Me and my wife stopped smoking last October and were initially using the Fast CE4 which were available from the convenience store up the road, we are now both using VIP.

I haven't touched a cigarette since I stopped last October, I know the first few weeks though my wife had the odd one occasionally but hasn't had a proper one since before Christmas.

I am now using the 0 nicotine oils which I order a few different bottles every few weeks direct from VIP usually having a low or medium as a backup, my wife uses low & medium strength now so they have definitely helped us stop smoking.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Mynight's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Rampage Extreme iv
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Teamgroup 21233mhz
      • Storage:
      • pushing 12Tb SSD/HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x7970GHz
      • PSU:
      • 1000w Seasonic platinum
      • Case:
      • 900D (bigger than I thought)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7, CentOS, OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • Worst ones available :(
      • Internet:
      • 150Mb

I've just turned to e-cigs after a few too many years of smoking within a week I was off the cigs completely. Highly recommended.

Personally I went with the iStick with mini nautilus. Dont see myself ever going back.

Large Member
    Thanks

I had a VIP tank kit and was totally happy with it for a couple of weeks... until the charger stopped working and it leaked and then the battery went funny...

Anyone know a quality tank kit with a longer battery life?
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by yamangman View Post
    I had a VIP tank kit and was totally happy with it for a couple of weeks... until the charger stopped working and it leaked and then the battery went funny...

Anyone know a quality tank kit with a longer battery life?
    So many of them have that issue where they leak on the battery. It's like putting a fuel tank with an air hole above the battery on a car - damn stupid. I can't get my head round these designs. Surely there must be a better way!? Anyway, I have the Aspire Nautilus Mini. It's not actually possible for it to leak on the battery, yet it is possible for it to leak into the chamber in the bottom piece of hardware which is connected to the battery, so it doesn't really make much difference. Though it is actually really good as far as leaking is concerned. I clean mine out after every coil replacement, and there's usually no leakage at all People really rate the BVC coils on them too, as they allow a lot of flavour to come through. Still, I find they need replacing every 2-3 days as the flavour and vapoour production deteriorates a lot in that time, just like anything else I've used. They recommend to replace the coils about every 2 weeks though.

The mini version only holds 2ml of liquid, and I use about 3.5ml per day, so I wish I'd got the regular Nautilus version now. If you're more into a cloud chasing type setup, then you could get that new tank they released with sub ohm coils (I forget the name of it..). The Nautilus kit I got was alright, but the variable voltage battery I got with it is only 1300mah, so I can't get a whole day out of it (I vape pretty constantly though!). I'm more into variable wattage box mods now. The Eleaf istick is pretty good for a budget one. Just make sure to get the 30w model (or more powerful if you think you need more than 30w). The Mk1 version of that device (the 20w version) has a really bad design flaw where the pin isn't spring loaded and your tank can easily push it down and make it short out. Not good! I had one and got it replaced with the 30w version..

Anyway, I haven't actually tried many tanks so far. The Ecig market is like wading through all the crap on Steam these days. So much bad quality crap around. I've been doing this for years and I still feel clueless! I've been through some real nasty liquids in my time too.. I only go for American or European liquids now, with high VG content. Still, nothing has impressed me much. The search for good products continues..

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    If you're more into a cloud chasing type setup, then you could get that new tank they released with sub ohm coils (I forget the name of it..).
    Atlantis

I typically stick to what I know on liquids, 5x50ml bottles of Mount Baker from Cloudhouse in France on the bundle offer and usually get 4 of what I know and 1 to try
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    Atlantis

I typically stick to what I know on liquids, 5x50ml bottles of Mount Baker from Cloudhouse in France on the bundle offer and usually get 4 of what I know and 1 to try
    That's the one! It looks cool, but I felt really unsure about sub ohm coils. They sound a bit dangerous lol... :/ I've had a go on a similar style tank though, and the vapour production was heavenly ^_^

I wish I had something good to stick to! Everything I've tried has been pretty crap for my liking. Though I have to say, Suicide Bunny have definitely been my favourite liquid company so far. I'm quite liking the one they do called "The King", which is under their other brand name "The Cloud Company". It kinda tastes like caramel popcorn, which is weird for me that I like it, because I don't have a sweet tooth! And too much of a sweet falvour is the most common complaint I have about eliquids! Their liquids are just so damn smooth and satisfying though Plenty of vg in them which is a big part of that.

I just looked up that company you mentioned. How do you rate the quality of their liquids? Are they smooth and tasty? I've found a lot of liquids to cause me to get a sore mouth and throat + mouth ulcers. The higher they are in pg, the worse that is. But I've also had it with 100% vg liquids. Chinese liquids are undoubtabley the worst for that lol.. The worst company for eliquids I've experienced so far is Jac Vapour. Jesus Christ.... stay away from them! Proper nasty chemical tasting compounds..

Thanks

I might try some vaping with this

Any of you smoke clove by any chance ?

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tepo View Post

I prefer to use cloves to season gammon joints and also in baked apples. (Good for toothache too)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by tepo View Post

No way.. I've been waiting since the 80s for this..

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    I just looked up that company you mentioned. How do you rate the quality of their liquids? Are they smooth and tasty? I've found a lot of liquids to cause me to get a sore mouth and throat + mouth ulcers. The higher they are in pg, the worse that is. But I've also had it with 100% vg liquids. Chinese liquids are undoubtabley the worst for that lol.. The worst company for eliquids I've experienced so far is Jac Vapour. Jesus Christ.... stay away from them! Proper nasty chemical tasting compounds..
    I rate them pretty highly (along with Darkstar Vapour in York), getting 15% off my order every time from both doesn't hurt either I've got one that I use daily (thug juice) and a few others that I'll stick in different tanks/drippers. It's to a point where I've just ordered 250ml of the thug juice in my preferred config which is plenty for about 4 months or so sub-ohming and am looking at buying the concentrates so I can make it myself as and when needed. I usually stick to Hazelnut spread (almost a tobacco style nutty flavour), Faux Hawk (menthol and sour fruit) and a few of the fruit menthols (blue/black/red ice, orange ice is rank!), moo juice (strawberry milkshake) is one I usually use in drippers as it's got a rich creamy flavour.

Hazelnut spread is in my Goblin Mini at the minute on a single coil 1.1 ohm twisted build, lower power suits the liquid nicely, Blue Moo is in a Kayfun Mega clone on a 0.16 ohm nickel build and a 0.3 ohm dual twisted (soon to be clapton when I get round to making the stuff!) build on a Velocity RDA. The thug juice is in a couple of Kanger Subtanks in either RBA mode or nickel temp coil and work nicely in a 60pg 40vg mix, has some wicking issues any higher on the old RBA deck but got a couple of the new ones to try out

Sore throat and ulcers is usually PG or additives. It can also sometimes be down to the vaping carrier (cotton, silica etc) as silica always used to make my throat hurt after a while and higher voltages/wattages/temps exacerbated this. Drinking a lot of water too seems to help

Make sure the juices are well steeped (not really steeping them but it's the term for it) and out of light and the harshness usually goes away, only downside is anything menthol can go funky when the crystals lose their strength.

They do a 5x <size>ml tester mix where you set the strength and pg/vg and choose 5 bottles from the standard range. Darkstar do the same but only in 10ml (don't think you can change the pg/vg either from them)

Discount codes are on http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/discount-codes and it's worth checking out, as is checking what CHV have as best sellers for MBV liquid, they are usually a safe bet and if you're lucky you might get a few freebies to try other flavours
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    I rate them pretty highly (along with Darkstar Vapour in York), getting 15% off my order every time from both doesn't hurt either I've got one that I use daily (thug juice) and a few others that I'll stick in different tanks/drippers. It's to a point where I've just ordered 250ml of the thug juice in my preferred config which is plenty for about 4 months or so sub-ohming and am looking at buying the concentrates so I can make it myself as and when needed. I usually stick to Hazelnut spread (almost a tobacco style nutty flavour), Faux Hawk (menthol and sour fruit) and a few of the fruit menthols (blue/black/red ice, orange ice is rank!), moo juice (strawberry milkshake) is one I usually use in drippers as it's got a rich creamy flavour.

Hazelnut spread is in my Goblin Mini at the minute on a single coil 1.1 ohm twisted build, lower power suits the liquid nicely, Blue Moo is in a Kayfun Mega clone on a 0.16 ohm nickel build and a 0.3 ohm dual twisted (soon to be clapton when I get round to making the stuff!) build on a Velocity RDA. The thug juice is in a couple of Kanger Subtanks in either RBA mode or nickel temp coil and work nicely in a 60pg 40vg mix, has some wicking issues any higher on the old RBA deck but got a couple of the new ones to try out

Sore throat and ulcers is usually PG or additives. It can also sometimes be down to the vaping carrier (cotton, silica etc) as silica always used to make my throat hurt after a while and higher voltages/wattages/temps exacerbated this. Drinking a lot of water too seems to help

Make sure the juices are well steeped (not really steeping them but it's the term for it) and out of light and the harshness usually goes away, only downside is anything menthol can go funky when the crystals lose their strength.

They do a 5x <size>ml tester mix where you set the strength and pg/vg and choose 5 bottles from the standard range. Darkstar do the same but only in 10ml (don't think you can change the pg/vg either from them)

Discount codes are on http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/discount-codes and it's worth checking out, as is checking what CHV have as best sellers for MBV liquid, they are usually a safe bet and if you're lucky you might get a few freebies to try other flavours
    Woh. Some interesting advice in there. I've saved what you typed so I can come back to it when ordering liquids next

So, the steeping thing. I thought that was part of the process when they make the liquids.. I've heard some people like to leave the lid off the bottle for an hour or so once they've opened it (end users I mean), is that what you're talking about?

Thanks
    • jimborae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700K@4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group DDR-3000 32Gig
      • Storage:
      • 1x Samsung 870 Evo 500Gb SSD, 1 x WD Red 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT watercooled
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W Black Edition
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Prime
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 xDell 24"
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet 70Mb

Now currently sub ohm vaping with a Kanger sub tank coil setup and a Aspire CF Mod stick and its working really well. Loads of taste & clouds of vapour. Only issue is the amount of juice I'm going through which is making it kind of expensive as the juices I like aren't cheap. Halcyon Haze's Venus in Vapes & T Juice Red Astaire.

Thanks
    • TheDutyPaid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Gryphon Z87
      • CPU:
      • i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB and 500GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 560ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750W
      • Case:
      • 1953 Bush AC-34 Radio now case
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Samsung & 27" ASUS
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity, Fast :-)

After 20 years of smoking 30 a day, I bought a Vapestick XL Black 7 days ago and for the last 6 days have not had a real ciggy. I am amazed with how good it is and my sense of smell as came back, my teeth are cleaner and I have lots of extra money (£65 a week extra)

This is the longest I have ever been without, till now 22 hours has been the record and that was because I was on a plane. lol

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by TheDutyPaid View Post
    After 20 years of smoking 30 a day, I bought a Vapestick XL Black 7 days ago and for the last 6 days have not had a real ciggy. I am amazed with how good it is and my sense of smell as came back, my teeth are cleaner and I have lots of extra money (£65 a week extra)

This is the longest I have ever been without, till now 22 hours has been the record and that was because I was on a plane. lol
    Cool

Once you've had that thing for a little while, try getting yourself a tank and some nice quality liquids to put in there. The whole experience goes up a few notches!

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Question for all you experienced types .....

I have a relative, female, late '70s, completely inexperienced with anything techy, to the point of just about managing on/off, volume and channel change with the TV remote. But struggles with "mute".

And, smokes a lot (*). For the sake of her health, and having failed utterly to get her to give up, I'm trying to get her to consider vaping. I think she's about to cave in.

So here's the question .... what (if anything) can you recommend that's SIMPLE TO USE, not ludicrously expensive, preferably can be bought in the high street, and is of a quality/taste that it won't put her off trying again.

I don't smoke, and know NOTHING about where to start. But for her, it's gonna have to be easy to use. I can take things apart, clean, rebuild when I'm there, but we live 100+ miles away and can't always be there. That's one reason (along with computer-phobia) that she has to be able to get supplies locally, effectively, high street.

Any pointers gratefully received, since I know 3/4 of 5/8ths of beggar all about vaping.

(*) By "a lot" I mean every hour or two, but as like as not, only about half a cigarette, then stubs it out. I think it's more habit in the sense of activity, that she's been doing it for so long, rather than actual nicotine addiction. It's part of her routine, and she's VERY routine-driven,, these days. It's her coping mechanism, how she gets through the day.

I don't think she's nicotine-addicted because when she's somewhere she can't smoke, it doesn't seem to bother her much. But at home, her regular fixes are routine. I'm therefore not sure it matters much what she "smokes" as long as she has her routine.

Thanks
    • TheDutyPaid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Gryphon Z87
      • CPU:
      • i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB and 500GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 560ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750W
      • Case:
      • 1953 Bush AC-34 Radio now case
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Samsung & 27" ASUS
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity, Fast :-)

I would suggest going for the more cigarette style then the shisha tipped ones.

As my post above, Vapestick XL black. was £18 from Tesco with a refill pack of 4 £8
    The base unit comes with battery, USB dongle charger (needs wall plug or any other powered UBS socket to charge) and two cartomisers in original flavour. I also have the menthol.

One cartomiser (refill) is the same as 30 cigs

To use, you screw on a new refill and puff, there is a blue light on the end, which flashes when the unit needs to be recharged. You unscrew the refill and screw it into the dongle then power. Using a phone charger 1.2A output it charges in about 2 hours.

They also do 0% nicotine refills So as you do not smoke, you could use them to demo the unit to your relative. Then hook her up with the nicotine refills.

Also emphasise she does not need to light the end.

17. Received thanks from:

Saracen (05-08-2015)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information