Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hexus Mastermind - Galant. Jonah and the sharks...

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Re: Hexus Mastermind - Galant. Jonah and the sharks...

8.) In Acts there are three key breakthroughs in the spread of the gospel. Which towns were they at, who was the apostle, and what similar signs accompanied each to endorse a new chapter in the spread of God's kingdom? (7 points available)
    Quote Originally Posted by galant
    Quite honestly, Acts is probably my least familiar book. Utter shame, I know. Here's my attempt though.
    Jersualem, Peter and the others, following Pentecost. Outpouring of the Holy Spirit - speaking in tongues,
    Antioch, a revival, Paul and Barnabus? If this one was Alexandria I'll kick myself.
    Peter, with the vision of the unclean animals, went to the house of the centurion - can't remember the town - Caeserea/Capernaum?
    Acts see the unfolding of the gospel as Jesus commands in the great comission of Matthew 28:16-20, and summarised in Acts 1:8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
    Acts describes the fulfillment of this threefold outpouring of the message of Christ's victory, each time marked with the giving of the Holy Spirit.
    1)Jerusalem is the first place with the apostles receiving the Sprit, and Peter preaching the first sermon in Acts 2-3. Peter then heals the cripple in Acts4 by speaking in Jesus' name, and is able to witness to onlookers, and ultimately the religious teachers as a result, with many folk believing, while the teachers rejecting Christ and seek to persecute the church.
    2) Acts 8 Philip goes to Samaria, preaches Christ and heals in his name, baptising those who believe. To confirm their conversion and this milestone in the spread of the gospel to the "lost" tribes of Israel the Spirit is given at the hands of Peter and John, just as in Judea.
    3) Acts 10 Peter again, in Joppa with the Roman Cornelius and the spread of the gospel and Holy Spirit to gentiles i.e those outside God's people. The giving of Holy Spirit again confirms this.
    This pattern repeats throughout acts as Paul takes up the mantle and goes even further to the nations, and the coming of the Spirit to Apollos and his fellow disciples in Acts 19 and Paul's healing of Eutychus in Acts 20 emphasises his apostolic authority, and God working through him just as through Peter.

So 1 for Jerusalem 1 for Peter and 1 for outpouring of holy spirit
    none for Antioch /Paul
    1 for Peter, 0 for Joppa
    4 out of 7 possible.

9.) Revelation - identify the churches: (7 total) 7 out of 7 - good work!

For the benefit of others reading this, Revelation begins with letters to 7 key churches in Asia Minor (modern day Turkey). Each follows a pattern of announcing the words of Jesus, a description of his supremacy in ways relevant to that specific city, an assessment of the church's deeds and spiritual health followed by warnings/encouragements as appropriate. There is always a command to persevere and follow Christ to the end, and the promise of a reward in eternity. Each of these is described using metaphor relevant and familiar to the intended location.

A modern example for London might draw on things like banking, football, housing shortages, the underground, tower of london etc.

a) needs salve for their eyes
    a) Laodicea - uncertain about this one but doesn't fit with any of the other six and you didn't say you wouldn't repeat one.
    correct Rev3:14-22, particularly 3:18. Laodicea was a prominent wealthy trading town, and a centre of ophthalmology, hence the references to eye ointment!

I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. (Rev 4:18)
    b) return to your first love
    b) Ephesus
    correct The first of the letters. They're doing a lot right, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation2:4
    Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.
    or in the old NIV "you have forsaken your first love."

The New Bible Commentary puts it thus:

Quote Originally Posted by New Bible Commentary
    ...the failure of these Christians was not primarily a loss of love for God but a loss of love for people. When hate for the practices of those who err becomes hatred of those who err, Christians depart from the redeeming love of God in Christ and pervert the faith
    c) Repent of following the Nicolaitans
    c) Pergamum and Thyatira - A rebuke over allowing the presence of the teaching of the Nicolaitans comes in two letters to the churches. Primarily Pergamum but Thyatira does see it mentioned again.
    Pergamum is correct Lucky you clarified it since Thyratira does not mention them. Ephesus is the other church but they are commended for hating the practices of the Nicolaitans; it is Pergamum who need to repent.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 2:6_(To Ephesus)
    - You have this in your favour You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 2:15b-16a_(To Pergamum)
    ...you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them...
    d) eww lukewarm - careful I don't spit you out...
    d) Laodicea
    correct! Laodicea had one problem - it was miles from a fresh water source, so they built an aquaduct to bring water into the city. The distance travelled in the sun meant that the water was tepid and rather unpleasant to drink. Jesus warns them he finds their apathy equally distasteful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation3:15-16
    I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
    e) linen, get your pure white linen!
    e) Sardis - hoping I didn't confuse this one with Thyatira.
    Correct While Laodicea also mentions white clothes, it is primarily Sardis, who get a damning review and a call to clean-up their act.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation3:1-6
    “To the angel of the church in Sardis write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
    f) I have set before you an open door which no-one can shut
    f) Philadlephia
    Correct
    Quote Originally Posted by revelation3:7-8
    To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
    g) Hold on, everybody hurts, sometimes... Hold on. Do not fear the second death.
    g) Smyrna
    Correct!
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation2:8-11
    To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again. I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.
    10.) A Roman colony for retired soldiers, which church is commended for sending carers for Paul, and how did the town derive its name? (2 points)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant
    Honestly not sure but by process of elimination I'm going with the Philippians. It definitely wasn't Rome, Ephesus or Galatia. Doubt it was Thessalonica. That leaves Philippi and Colosse. Both letters are positive but the Philippians are remarked as his pride and joy. Additionally, when I started thinking of the etymology of the names, I don't know either for certain, but Philippians initially made me think of the Greek Philos, love, however, then I remember that Philip means 'lover of horses', and it occurs to me that where you have soldiers, you might well have a love for horses. So I'm going with Philippians and the name has something to do with horses, perhaps some large military stables or a training ground.
    1 out of 2 The church in Philippi is correct, but it derives its name from Philip of Macedon (father of Alexander the great) who founded the town. So strategic was it that Roman emperors sent retired Praetoria there to help maintain its allegiance. It was one of the few places where Roman law was enacted just as in Rome itself, so citizenship was a big deal to the people there (hence Paul's references in the letter to Christians being citizens of heaven).
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippians 3:20
    But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

11.) Explain the teaching of Luke 14-15, discussing the contrasting messages, their intended audiences, and what this means for the Christian today. (8 marks)
    Another moment of honesty. I can't for certain say what passages those chapters contain. The first thing that comes to mind is Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman who begs him to heal her daughter. He challenges her and she meets that challenge, overcoming potential offense or discouragement to pursue what she wants from Him. This story is recounted after some dialogue between Jesus and various Pharisees. It makes an interesting and embarrassing contrast between the determined, robust faith of a foreign woman (someone of almost no worth to most Pharisees) and the petty squabbling and trickery of the official religious leaders who have either no faith and/or no sincerity, seeking instead to be offended at everything possible with Jesus and refusing to engage with him properly with His meeting their demands for a sign. If that is the passage, then one message for the Christian today, or anyone, is that God hold in high regard those of humble faith over the arrogant and self-righteous, even if they seem to be religious leaders. It is also an extremely striking passage in that it shows Christ's engagement with, and acceptance and validation of foreigners and women, something almost unthinkable at that time. God's good news is for all people, in all places.

That's probably not the passage though. Now that I ponder it more I think this encounter comes in Matthew and not Luke. Ah well.
    0 points, sorryThat's Matthew 15 and it is a canaanite woman, which makes the story even more remarkable - she is a complete outsider with real faith!

overviewLuke 14 and 15 form a lovely chunk of juxtaposition regarding people's standing before God. Luke 14 has three sections, each warning the religious proud Jews who think they're right with God that they are in danger of missing out entirely, while Luke 15 contains three sections which speak of the value God gives to each genuine believer who repents and turns to God.

Their intended audiences were all who would listen, but primarily Luke 14 rails against the Pharisees, beginning as it does "in the house of a prominent Pharisee" (14:1) where a meal is being given (presumably with some show, given the illustrations Jesus draws from).

Luke 15 is in a different location, but continues the rebukes to the Pharisees' and is in direct response to their mutterings about Jesus welcoming "tax collectors and 'sinners'" (15:1-2).

Luke 14 exposes the pharisees' legalistic hypocrisy, self important pride, and warns them their assumed importance before God is misplaced, and they are in danger of being severely humbled if they do not start loving those truly in need before themselves. "for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

The message doesn't appear to sink in, for one of them blurts out "Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God." Jesus then spells it out more clearly: the Jews are the invited guests to the banquet, but they can't be bothered to turn up! They are too busy with this life to look forward to the next, and dismiss God when he tells them it's time to attend! Instead God will shut them out, and invite the poor, crippled, blind and lame, and those in the country (i.e outsiders not even on the original invite list). The self-important Jews with no time for Jesus will be cut off in favour of sinners and gentiles! "I tell you not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet." (14:24).

The chapter then ends with a series of warnings about how costly it is to follow Jesus - giving up everything as second place to Him, literally giving it up if required. (14:25-27) The cost is great, and not everyone will be willing or able to turn their back on the trappings of this world. (14:28-30). Remember your position - God will come back and you face a fight you cannot win; seek peace while there is time, and surrender to him freely.(14:31-33). And those of you who claim to be serving God - see to it you keep going (14:24-35).

These verses are to make the point about how much the proud Pharisees (and everyone else) need to humble themselves before God. Following Him is not a means to boost our ego, and get glory for ourselves. Quite the opposite.

Luke 15 has three parables showing how much God cares for anyone who will accept their need of forgiveness, turn back to God and follow Christ.

The lost sheep Each person is precious to God, and when one of God's people wanders off in ignorance God is actively working to bring them back into safety. "I tell you... there is more rejoicing in Heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." (15:7).

Yes you stuck-up Pharisees, God's priority is that no-one misses out on that great banquet; His priority is bringing home the lost, whereas the Pharisee's priority is to sneer at them (15:2) and disassociate themselves from "sinners" (14:12-14). Ironic, since the Pharisees were meant to be leading God's people! (See Matthew 23 for a greater extrapolation of this, eg. 23:13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to!"

The second parable is the lost coin which makes the same point again, that each individual is precious to God, and he does not rest when one of his people is lost. The repentant sinner is welcomed with rejoicing.

The third parable is one of the most well known - the prodigal son.
    Jesus likens man to a profligate child who wishes his father [i.e. God] dead, so he can get his hands on the money to live as he pleases. He cares so little for his father he asks for the inheritance while the father is still alive! Off the son goes and squanders all his fathers gifts in foreign lands, and recklessness. When it is all wasted, and the son is bankrupt, destitute and starving the son finally comes home hoping to persuade the father to let him work with the servants.

God is much better than that. The father is waiting, looking out for the son to come home - and runs out to meet him with joy. The son is reinstated to the family with great joy.

Again, Jesus is ramming home the point, the outcast, the sinner, the back-slider, the deliberate God-hater, ALL find welcome back into relationship with God. God shows limitless love to those who turn to Him; no-one is too far one. Though note the severity of the offence - we each spit in God's face and wish him dead so we can live our own ways! Instead we are the ones who are dead!

"we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother [the reckless son] was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." (15:32)

So this is the meaning of the lost being found in the first two parables. The sinner being restored to relationship with God, and rescued from death.

And the overall juxtaposition of the two chapters is this: Who will trust in Jesus and come back to God? The Pharisees are warned they are too proud, and the outcasts and sinners are told they will be welcomed. But to do so requires a humbling surrender - so who will accept the teaching?

12) Which figure had trouble shifting his ass, and what is he ultimately condemned for? (2 total + 1 bonus for references)
    Balaam, Numbers 21 or 22? Leading the people into idolatry and immorality by advising the foreign king to get the local women to lead them astray and into false worship. Also referenced in Revelation 2 in the letter to Pergamum, and, I think, either 1 Peter or 2 Peter.
    Correct 2.5 points out of 3 possible. Balaam is an odd character, an outsider seer rather than an insider prophet, who nevertheless seems to get direct word from God. He is offered payment by the pagan kings to curse God's people to prevent them conquering the promised land. Balaam disobediently goes (the second time) but he cannot curse since he must speak God's words. Instead he blesses the Israelites - several times! We find out later though that he was not faithful to God, his priority was not honouring God, and he is downright sly: He advises the Midianites to corrupt the Israelites through sexual temptation and through that into idol worship (which went hand in hand with sexual orgy) - nothing like driving a wedge between the people and God - for as Deuteronomy goes to great lengths to describe, this will lead God himself to cut off his protection of them. Devious little so-and-so.

Key passages are Numbers 22-24 with the story of Balaam's donkey refusing to move as it can see the angel of the Lord when Balaam cannot! Other references are numbers 31, Revelation 2, 2 Peter, and also Jude. Your references were a bit 50:50 - hence half a mark docked

Quote Originally Posted by revelation2:14-15
    Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Repent therefore!
    Linking back to those Revelation letters again - this seems to indicate that whatever the Nicolaitans were teaching was akin to Balaam's ploy of corrupting God's people through idolatory and sexual immorality. It matters as much now as it did then. Unfaithfulness corrupts, and a corrupt people are no use in helping others to come to know God; they will end up not knowing him themselves!
    Last edited by ik9000; 07-12-2014 at 11:56 PM. Reason: minor correction to formatting

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

13) Choose 3 old testament prophesies remembered at Christmas time and explain how these are fulfilled at Christ's birth. (9 marks total , 1 each for prophesy, reference and explanation x3 times)
    Micah 5:2 - A prophecy to the 'little town of Bethlehem' that although small the Messiah, a would come out from her, "whose goings forth are from everlasting".3 points - and cited in Matthew1:6 at the visit of the magi to Herod
    Isaiah 6:9...or is it 9:6? - Prophecy of the Messiah's birth. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulders. And he shall be called wonderful, counselor, mighty God, everlasting father, prince of Peace, and of his kingdom there shall be no end." 3 points. Isaiah7:14 (cited in Matthew 1:22) and 9:6 cover this
    Can't remember the reference. Massacre of the innocents. Later referenced in Matthew, chapter 2 I think. "And there shall be weeping in Ramah", "Rachel weeping for her children...and she will not be comforted." It prophecies Herod's murder of all the children in Bethlehem under two in order to kill any potential new king, after he learns that the three magi evaded him. Original prophecy might be Zechariah but I'm not sure at all. 2 points- right description, wrong reference - it's Jeremiah 31:15
    so 8 out of 9 possible

14) Phylacteries. What are they, and why don't Christians bother with them? What does Jesus have to say? (3 points)
    Awesomely stylish accessories! Little boxes containing portions of Scripture worn by Jews today on their barmitzfah.... can't spell it. Basically they were/are worn on the right hand/arm and the forehead as a literal obedience to the command in Deuteronomy 6 to bind the commands of the Lord to their hand and forehead. Christians don't bother with them because I don't believe that command was intended to be literal in the first place, and even if it was the new covenant in Christ is based upon a new creation of each believer, with a new heart "of flesh, not of stone", upon which God will write His law. I can't think of a direct reference to phylacteries although it would certainly show up in one of His critiques of the religious leaders who made an arrogant show of their supposed faith - praying on street corners to be seen, clanging their coins in the metal collection horns, and having their tassels long etc. Jesus said of this that the reverence or admiration they received from people would be their only reward for such false religion and that the reward from God would come upon the humble, honest and repentant, who give in secret, not the proud, and his ear would be towards those who pray in secret and do not make a show of it. "My Father, who sees in heaven what is done in secret... will reward..."
    Correct definition, and the unpacking is correct. 2.5 points, as full marks needed to reference Matthew 23

Christian's don't bother with Phylacteries because as you say they were not meant to be literal, but also because the old testament rules are superseded by the new covenant relationship in Christ as you describe. Jesus therefore blasts the Pharisees in Matthew 23:

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus,Matthew 23:1-15
    Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honour at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Master, and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called teacher/instructor, for you have one Teacher/Instructor, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
    It's always worth noting how much Jesus hates religion - his priority is relationship with God, and loving service of others. The Pharisees miss the point that the command regarding Phylacteries in Deuteronomy is that God's people should meditate on God's law and see that they do what it requires (summarised by Jesus as loving God and others - Matthew 22:37-40). Instead they take it to ridiculous literal extremes, and use it as a bragging tool to massage their own egos, and burden people genuinely seeking God. The diagnosis is severe: they are in danger of Hell (23:33).
    Last edited by ik9000; 07-12-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

15) Bible overview - go from Genesis to Revelation explaining the key covenants and unpacking the overall message of the bible (12 points)
    Wow. Erm. Lovely.

new post at bottom for this one.
    Alright, well from Genesis to Revelation you have an unfolding of reality and God's plans for the human race and beyond. It is essentially the story and message of God's love and as it is unfolded it is present in the Bible through story, history, law, poetry, prophecy, personal accounts, letters and revelations.1/2 point

The Bible opens with the Torah, the firs five books, which take the story from the origins of the universe to God's choice and redemption of a people. As mentioned in the question, throughout the whole of the Scriptures God operates by means of covenants, that is to say, simply, forming relationship, and essentially, relationships are at the heart of God's story and revelation. Sort of as one might expect if God is love.1/2 point The first book, Genesis, opens with a creation account which, in contrast to mythologies of the day, reveals one, single, God of order who creates all things. Humans are presented as the pinnacle of God's creation and, crucially, are set apart from the rest of the created universe to act as God's stewards and sub-rulers over the world, caring for it. Man is social, created in God's image, both male and female, to reflect Him, and also to be in relationship with Him. 1 pointThe ideal is presented, life is, literally, good. However, it does not last because of both an outside influence and man's own choice. A tragic and ironic temptation to be like God is presented and man and woman, in their pride, choose a rejection of God's order and purpose in pursuit of their own pre-eminence. The results are horrific and wide-ranging resulting in a corruption of all aspects of life on earth. Work, relationships (both between hmans and between humans and the created world), health and the body, all suffer under the self-centred rejection of God by man. The order is broken and the world would now be subject to the rule of self-centred, corrupt stewards. Most centrally, man's relationship with God is divided, man's choice is honoured, and they leave the blessing of God, in Eden. It isn't long before brothers are murdering one another and fear, violence and power, begin to unfold with humanity spreading out through the earth. Yet, in the midst of this, a purpose of God is declared. Judgement upon the outside source of temptation and the redemption of humanity is promised, shame would be covered, even at the cost of a sacrificed life. From the beginning God's plan for redemption of what man corrupted is proclaimed. 1/2 point - you forgot to mention death is a direct result

So then the first covenant is the Adamic one. As the story continues to unfold, the wickedness and corruption of the human race is presented and condemned, and we see a pinnacle of that in the story of Noah, where it is made clear that men are responsible beings and will be held responsible for their actions, and yet, again, in a picture of inescapable judgement, God's purpose of redemption is repeated and the Noahic covenant is established. 1 point

One by one relationships unfold. God's dealings with certain imperfect individuals are recounted and the nature of God's purpose, persistence, desire and character, and His desires and requirements for people are opened up and made clear. A global story focuses down onto the life of Abraham, an imperfect father whom God promises to make a father of many nations, if he will have the faith to believe it. The Abrahamic covenant is formed, a covenant of promise and trust, and Abraham moves from Iran to Egypt to Israel (by their modern names). Abraham's story leads into Isaac's then into Jacob's and Jacob becomes the man known as Israel, and Israel's 12 sons become 12 families prospering in Egypt. All the while pictures are painted of God's purpose, His love, and his plan for the redemption of the sons of Adam is slowly unveiled. 1/4 point, more unpacking of the covenant required

Time skips forward and 12 sons and families have become close to 12 clans or tribes, a nation, almost. Yet a change in the rulership of Egypt sees favoured sons becoming tortured slaves. Here God begins to move His plan further forward, still honouring all His promises and covenants, He now leads this people into the desert to rescue them from not only the place of Egypt but also its ways, and makes them now a new nation as He forges the Mosaic covenant, a double-edged promise of blessing or cursing depending upon their own ability to enter into and uphold their own side. 1 point They do enter into this national relationship with God, even to the individual level, and laws and traditions and culture are given. Even as they are given though, Israel's failure is predicted and with it a promise of redemption by God's own hand, even as the sacrificial system is established and the gravity of sin is made clear. 1/2 point, though more unpacking of the sacrifical system would have been useful, and no mention of the foretold kingship

Lead into the Canaan, the promised land, God paints a picture of both salvation and judgement, and yet, despite the reality and visibility of both these things, hundreds of years pass where it becomes clear that even though, as a race, they bear the name of the chosen ones of God, the reality is they are no different than any of the other nations around. In the midst of this story the important Davidic covenant is formed with the imperfect David, who establishes true, godly kingship in Israel. Although it is short lived, more pictures of God's plan of redemption, and who God and the Messiah are and would be, are painted down. This covenant is the promise of a rule that would know no end. A ruler who would come, via David's imperfect line, by God's choice, who would sit on 'David's throne' forever. 1 pointSacrifice, Love, Substitution, Shepherd, Family provision and protection, Kingly reign, Purchase, Rightful ownership, Judgement upon wickedness. All these are unfolded as specifics of the plan in the redemption of the sons of Adam. Yet, wickedness grows - slavery, child sacrifice, abuse of the poor and vulnerable, greed and selling of others and oneself, in worship, - and God's people despite many warnings and reminders, find themselves either killed or taken captive. The promise lost in accordance with the covenant of Moses. 1/2 pointDuring this time we hear the voices of the prophets proclaiming God's messages and reminders and warnings and promises. From deep and scathing rebuke to some of the most beautiful poetry penned, the darkness of the deeds of Israel and the surrounding nations is contrasted with the beyond bright promises of God's redemption. God makes clear His utter hatred and rejection of it their ways, yet reaffirms his love for and commitment to the salvation of the sons of Adam. 1/2 point

It has been said that the Old Testament serves as an artist's palate, providing colour depth to the message of God's redemption, His gospel. if so, then it is the New Testament or New Covenant 1/4 point more framing of the new covenant prophecies neededwhich draws the finished lines of that work. Israel having had a remnant return from exile in Babylon to their land of Israel, the faithfulness of God to His word illustrated in a small way, they now appear in the New Testament a broken people. Idolatrous foreign ways are less of a threat now, and have been replaced with fierce religiosity. The pendulum has swung completely the other way. Despite this, they are nation that has been embattled. From Babylonians and Assyrians they saw the Greeks and then the Romans come in and conquer their land. 400 silent years pass with no prophetic voice. No proclamation or visitation of God. They have seen themselves nationalistic fighters, warriors, and yet have produced little victory and now live out their lives in the supposed promised land, under Roman rule. It is here now, that God finally breaks the silence, and He does so with His Word, incarnate. The ultimate revelation of His will, character, love and purpose. The fulfillment of His promises, the filling up of His words and truth. Jesus Christ is born into the skin of the sons of Adam in order to finally bring about their work of their redemption. 1 point, though careful - he is fully God and fully man. He has to be to be able to represent us and mediate to God on our behalfMany do not recognise Him, many reject Him, but He proclaims the fullness of God's truth and way and promise. What once was picture and type now becomes real and made clear. He teaches and challenges, proclaims and redeems. All the threads of the covenants come together in Him even as He dies in the skin of the sons of Adam, humble and obedient in place of the proud and rebellious, the wrath of God for the sins of men is poured out upon the one with shoulders big enough to bear it, and the suffering we could not have borne He takes upon Himself. The mystery of the ages, God on earth, dying in place of man in the greatest act of love there is. It is a stumbling block to the Jews, Paul writes, and foolishness to the Gentiles, but it is and was God's plan from the beginning, Himself to bear what we could not, that He might be both just and yet also the justifier. The incredible reality of the one who died and rose from the grave so that the sons of Adam could now become, as was intended from the beginning, sons of God. Heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, who it is said, is not ashamed to be called their brother. 2 points

In this incredible and complete work of God to bring salvation, God does away with both forms of sin, outright wickedness and deceptive religiosity. Instead of ruthlessness and corruption, goodness and freedom, instead of law and rules, love. The true worship of God, trusting Him with one's whole life, is revealed, and the way to the satisfaction of all men's desires, for life and love and productivity or fruitfulness, is made both clear and accessible. The work is done, the path is open, the call is made. Christ returns to the realm of Heaven from where He came, but in His place God's Spirit is poured out that the plan may be complete. No longer would the temple of God be wood and stone but the lives of the sons of God. He would be with them forever, and they with Him. 1 point

Letters are written as the message is shared and with them guidance is given and teachings provided to help men and women in life together and the worship of God in Spirit and Truth. From there, the message spreads and is taken, and to be taken, to all the sons of Adam so that all might know it. The truth of this ultimate covenant, this relationship with God founded through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, is spread even as the goodness of life is lived and enjoyed, and the final promises of God are awaited. The story ends as it begins, in a way, with God's promise to make all things new, remembering the garden, with the sons of Adam facing a choice to reject the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and choose again to elevate themselves in separation from God and life, and, along with the one who brought an arrogant temptation in the garden, to be condemned forever this time, for that act (and every other act) of cosmic treason. Or to choose, this time, to pursue relationship with God in paradise, bearing the image of God, by faith united with Jesus in His death and thus too in His life, and joy forever. 1 point

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

That is a thorough overview, and certainly one to be proud of.

Key points being looked for were:
    1) Man is made for direct relationship with God - the bible starts with this, God's people in God's land, living in relationship with Him.
    But man rejects God, and the rest of the bible unpacks God stepping in to enable man to be brought back into relationship with God.
    Man's rebellion against God is punished by death. For man to be brought back to God a solution to death must be achieved, and God's plan before ever making man was that he would step in a pay that penalty on our behalf.
    2) In rescuing God's people, God is glorified and Jesus gets honour from God - and the gift of all those rescued people. There is an intra-God aspect that must also be recognised; it is ultimately all about Christ. Just as Christ brings all things into being (John1) so Christ saves all things, and it is in his presence that mankind will forever rejoice (Revelation 21-22). The bible is in one sense not about us!

So these two themes run all through scripture as God unpacks His great rescue plan for mankind, to bring God's people back into God's land, living in relationship with Him.

The covenants are more formal than just establishing a relationship. They are solemn, legal terms, and often fulfilled by unbreakable oath on penalty of death. It is God making the covenant to His people - the covenant with Abraham is one-way. So too is the covenant God makes with the people as recorded in Deuteronomy. God promises that if the people honour and obey Him they will be his people his cherished possession, and if they do not, he will reject them and they will be cursed to slavery again. The covenant is entirely God's promise to people. They can choose to accept it, or not, but it does not rely on their performance, other than in seeking their God with all their heart (i.e. honest intention). He has set them up for a fall however, as they will be incapable of honouring their promise to obey Him. And that is deliberate, for he is showing mankind he is in need of an inward change, literally God in Him to have any hope of living for God, and such a gift can only be given if the barrier between God and man of sin, judgement and death, have been dealt with:

The covenants are:

Adamic - man is cursed, creation is broken and life will be hard. Man will now die. However as said to Eve - your offspring shall crush [the serpent's] head, though he shall strike his heel.) One will come from man who will deal with satan, though at cost to himself! (Genesis 3:15)

Noahic - God will not wipe out mankind in total flood again (Genesis 9)

Abrahmic - 3 developed covenants to Abraham (and more detail to his immediate lineage) - I will bless you and your offspring, and make you into a great nation, and through your offspring all nations will be blessed. They will be too numerous to count. (Genesis 17) The new testament explains how the true sons of Abraham are those who like him respond in faith to Jesus, and Jewish heritage counts for nothing.

Mosaic - God redeems (rescues from slavery) his people Israel, now a great nation from Egypt. In response to this he owns them. His covenant is not one of "would you like me?" but one of "I own you. Now honour and obey me if you choose to. If you do I will be as faithful a protector of you as you have witnessed me be, but if you do not, beware, I shall surrender you back into slavery. I offer you freedom to live under my care and provision - and it will be abundant. Otherwise go your own way, but be warned, it will be without me, and will not go well for you. Your call." The law is given explaining how the people are to live - and the need for blood sacrifice to remind the people of the seriousness of their sin before God, and their need for a rescuer from that sin and death. They cannot meet with God directly, they need a priest to mediate/interceed on their behalf. And only the high priest can enter the holy of holies to make the atonement sacrifice on their behalf. It's a relationship of careful obedience and respecting God's boundaries.

They are also to be a distinct and different people - a beacon to the nations around them of God. Interwoven in this law is a foretelling of the need of the people to have a king to lead them in the law, and not to lord it over them for his own gain, but to revere God (Deuteronomy 17:14-18)

DavidicThe next stage of the covenant comes then with the kings. David in 2 Samuel 7 is told:

Quote Originally Posted by God,2Samuel7:8-16
    Now then, tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty says: I took you from the pasture, from tending the flock, and appointed you ruler over my people Israel. I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth. And I will provide a place for my people Israel and will plant them so that they can have a home of their own and no longer be disturbed. Wicked people will not oppress them anymore, as they did at the beginning and have done ever since the time I appointed leaders over my people Israel. I will also give you rest from all your enemies.

“‘The Lord declares to you that the Lord himself will establish a house for you: When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands. But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’
    While this promise is partly fulfilled in Solomon (building the temple) it is ultimately fulfilled in Jesus establishing a throne for eternity. That promise is still being unpacked. The kings rebel against God and are overthrown. It appears the Davidic line is destroyed, but Christ is the king who reigns forever and will return to provide the eternal rest for God's people.

This is foretold here in shadows to David, and fleshed out to through the prophets.

Prophetic promises of the new covenantE.g. Jeremiah 31:

Quote Originally Posted by God_Jeremiah 31:31-34
    “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
    “when I will make a new covenant
    with the people of Israel
    and with the people of Judah.
    It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their ancestors
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they broke my covenant,
    though I was a husband to them,”
    declares the Lord.
    “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
    after that time,” declares the Lord.
    “I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
    No longer will they teach their neighbour,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest,”
    declares the Lord.
    “For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”
    A new covenant is promised - people knowing God directly, intimately without the need for a go-between priest. Isaiah states things will be so radically different that people themselves will one day be priests before God!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah60:17-61:3,6a
    I will make peace your governor
    and well-being your ruler.
    No longer will violence be heard in your land,
    nor ruin or destruction within your borders,
    but you will call your walls Salvation
    and your gates Praise.
    The sun will no more be your light by day,
    nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
    for the Lord will be your everlasting light,
    and your God will be your glory.
    Your sun will never set again,
    and your moon will wane no more;
    the Lord will be your everlasting light,
    and your days of sorrow will end.
    Then all your people will be righteous
    and they will possess the land forever.
    They are the shoot I have planted,
    the work of my hands,
    for the display of my splendour.
    The least of you will become a thousand,
    the smallest a mighty nation.
    I am the Lord;
    in its time I will do this swiftly.”

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,
    to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
    to comfort all who mourn,
    and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
    to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
    the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
    and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
    They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendour...

...And you will be called priests of the Lord,
    you will be named ministers of our God.

It is no accident that Jesus arrives quoting this passage at the start of his ministry in Luke 4:18

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
    to set the oppressed free,
    to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”[f]

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
    Jesus ushers in the new covenant and begins to fulfil the prophecies regarding the one everyone has been waiting for - Eve's promised serpent crusher. However he stops short of mentioning "the day of vengeance". That is still to come. Hence his imploring in Luke 14:28-30 to make peace with God while we still have time to do so.

He confirms the new covenant directly e.g. Luke 22:19-20
    And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
    And his death on the cross is the blood sacrifice paying the death destined to man.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Peter3:18
    For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
    Hebrews 8-9 describes in detail how Jesus is now our great high priest before God, standing in God's presence in Heaven. People can come to God through him, and since he gives believers his Holy Spirit (John 14-16, Acts2, 1Corinthians 16) we have direct prayer to God, just as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrews8-9
    Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being....

...But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

11 But when Christ came as high priest.... He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

He has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
    Last edited by ik9000; 07-12-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

For those who turn to Christ for forgiveness and trust in him for salvation, there will be eternity back with God, in His place, in right relationship with Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 21:1-5
    Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea [i.e. chaos/rebellion]. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 22:1-5
    Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
    Until then, just as God had redeemed and purchased his people in the old testament, he has redeemed and purchased us now:

Quote Originally Posted by 1corinthians16:19-20
    Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your bodies.
    The call to the believer is therefore to live honouring God, serving him and telling others about His offer of eternal reconciliation; the call to the unbeliever is to choose wisely, and accept the gift. "Whoever wishes let him take the free gift" (Revelation 22:17.)

Scoring = 12.5 out of 20 possible. Which normalises as 8 out of the 12 offered. Well done!

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Secondary subject - Sharks:

1) How are sharks thought to navigate, and what is the name of the organ they use? (2 parts. both required for 1 mark)
    Navigation? Tricky one. Unsure. I can say that their sense of smell is strongest, then hearing, then sight. However, the two unique senses they possess are the lateral line and the ampulae of Lorenzini. The latter are electro-receptors in and around their snout which enable to detect tiny electrical currents. Sounds like it could maybe be used for navigation but I had thought it was purely close range. The other is the lateral line which runs down the length of their spine and allows then to detect small changes in pressure/water movement. Again, it's typically used for hunting, picking up the thrashing of injured fish etc. I had thought the lateral line was better over range, but I've no idea how that would enable them to navigate unless they picked up ocean currents. Electro-magnetic detection might be more useful but I didn't think it was sensitive enough for that. I'll go with the ampulae. Now you can go and tell me I'm wrong.
    Correct - detection of location through ampulae of Lorenzini detecting fluations in the earth's magnetic field!

2) name the sharks from the pictures 12 possible, 9 required for 1 point
    Whale Shark correct

Saw Shark or Saw-Nosed Shark correct - specifically the Bahamas Saw-shark. I didn't even know such a thing existed!

Hammerhead Shark. Lesser hammerhead I think. correct, no idea if lesser though

Leopard Shark. correct

Basking Shark. correct

Not sure. Want to say it's a Dogfish, but I'm not sure if that's specific enough (or right). incorrect - Bamboo Shark

Nurse Shark. incorrect - lemon shark

Not sure. Lemon Shark? incorrect, white-tip reef shark

Oceanic White-Tip Shark correct

Black-Tip Reef Shark correct

Wobbegong Shark (not sure of spelling). correct, and right spelling

Thresher Shark. correct
    so 9/12 = 1 point. well done!

3) name and rank the top 5 most aggressive sharks (based on average number of documented attacks between September2011-2013) (3points available one for 4 or more correct names, one for correct ranking, one for 100% correct)
    Don't know if my information is up to date but:

Big three are usually:
    1. Great White Shark
    2. Tiger Shark
    3. Bull Shark

But that ranking might be based on kills not attacks.

Next two are more tricky.

4. Hammerhead.
    5. Grey Shark.

5 could be a reef shark, though, or a few others. I'm trying to think of sharks most likely to face human contact. Blue sharks are extremely common but more oceanic. The Mako is very aggressive but again it's more open water.
    Your top three are spot on, but the next two are Lemon then SandTiger! This is based on the recorded statistics at http://sharkattackfile.info/
    http://sharkattackfile.info/shark-at...ing-sharks.asp

So 1 point for the ranking out of a possible 3.
    Last edited by ik9000; 07-12-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

4) name the film from the images below. 10 possible, 7 required for 1 point
    Hmmmm. Interesting one this...

a
    Finding Nemo correct

b
    Thunderball correct, impressed you got that

c
    Jaws 2? incorrect - sharknado

d
    Jaws 3 incorrect - jaws 2

e1

e2
    No idea. incorrect - Shark in Venice

f
    No idea. incorrect - megashark vs meccashark

g
    Sharknado? Not seen it but that does appear to be an airborne shark. Incorrect - i thought that too, but according to the source I got it from it is mega-shark-vs-crocosaurus

h
    Deep Blue Sea. correct

i
    No idea. Sharknado 2? Looks incredibly poor! incorrect - and yes it is epically poor, but wait for it, it's.............na na na na na na na na na BATMAN - the movie - check it out here http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...1AB2BD07C124F9

j
    Jaws correct
    so 4/10 = 0 points.

5) What is the scientific name for the study of sharks? 1 point, correct spelling required.
    I actually have no clue! Can't recall the latin name for that branch. Sharks and rays are in the same family. Cartilaginous/None bony fish. Just can't recall it.
    Incorrect - Icthyology it is the study of fish, to which shark belong. there is no specific name purely for study of sharks, so far as my research turned up anyway!

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

So, the total scoring is:

Part 1 - 46.5 out of 71 possible = 65.5% or 10/15

Part 2 - 3 out of 7 possible. = 43% or 2/5

Overall Galant scores 12/20
    with a seriously strong showing it what was a deliberately tough quiz, since he PM'd me to say he had a) been to bible school, and b) fancied a tough one.

Very well done!
    Last edited by ik9000; 07-12-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the quiz ik. I know how much work it can be so I appreciate the time and effort! Definitely a tough one in places.
    I'm going to go back over the answers again a bit later to check my answers. Thanks again for all that time, though.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

11. Received thanks from:

ik9000 (08-12-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information