Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: stamp duty overhaul

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: stamp duty overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Top_gun View Post
    I thought the remark was the right thing to say in context to my experience & knowledge and iK9000's responses. To strip out the context means another unfair decision towards me. Nor do I expect anyone to arbitrate unless they are able to replicate my experience and knowledge in planning matters relating to London. I shall heed your warning and tread more carefully than usual as it seems my smallest comment attracts attention while other people gets away with their more personal comments towards me.

/Sigh.

Okay, I'll have another go.

That remark was as blatant an insult as I've seen in a very long time, and you're lucky I didn't suspend you on the spot. Try to justify it is not helping your cause, as is in fact making me reconsider that decision not to.

If you think you are being picked on, feel free to report THAT to any other Admin, or the board owner.

I pick up remarks I see, but I do not read every post. If you have specific insults addressed to you, report those, but please, pick another Admin, because you clearly think you're being picked on by me.

Look back at the warning I gave and it clearly says BOTH sides are to knock off the snide remarks. All I wanted was for ANYONE making snide remarks to stop doing it. I don't want to suspend anyone, including you, and I pointed out that, IF NECESSARY, I'll go through that thread and suspend anyone breaking our rules. That is not picking on you. However, I'm now very close indeed to simply doing that, and suspending both you and anyone else involved that knows our rules and thought they could ignore them.

If you think you're being picked on, COMPLAIN TO THE OWNER. he will remove me if he agrees.

Otherwise, stop insulting other members, and stop implying I'm picking on you. I've had enough of it, and one more remark along those lines will see you getting a substantial suspension.

So either complain to the board owner, whose decision I am perfectly willing to accept, or knock off the whinging. My patience with it is at an end, and ANY further remarks along those lines will see you suspended.

No more warnings.

2. Received thanks from:

Zak33 (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

/\ that

will big bronze bells.....

over n out

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    /Sigh.
    Look back at the warning I gave and it clearly says BOTH sides are to knock off the snide remarks. [/b]
    I understood straightaway the warning applied to both sides so it was not a case of misunderstanding. Nor have I accused you of picking on me.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

You really don't know when to drop it, do you? And not for the first time.

Suspended for 30 days.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

There appears to be an odd form of the Dunning-Kruger effect going on, I don't mean doublethink, nor a kind of cognitive dissonance. This is just clearly ignoring things that don't apply, the other isn't even recognised. For instance ik's original comment about tunnelling difficulties, it wasn't remotely confrontational, didn't prove anyone wrong or similar. However it clearly did not say what was interpreted, we can all make mistakes, speed reading heck I'm so dyslexic I make all kinds when I'm not being careful, but to stick with it, it's an interesting trait. We know it's not been edited after all.

Tube extensions are expensive, particularly going south because of the ground strata that way. More surface gravels and silts and less clay
    I mean, it was amazingly taken out of context, and despite the evidence there, no oh I took that to mean xyz comes.

Just how can knickers be got in such a twist over this, it's not even been mentioned as impossible, just that it's expensive, which I think everyone surely agrees on.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information