Thread: RIP Cilla Black

Thanks

RIP Cilla Black

And yet another TV star from my youth is gone.

Cilla Black died overnight at her home in Spain.

RIP Cilla.
    Jon

Thanks
    Jon

Thanks
    • Peter Parker's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i5-6600K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Kingston 128GB SSD + 2x3TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX970
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone ST50EF
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Grandia GD01S-MXR
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 33

Re: RIP Cilla Black

Ah! Sad news. She gave people a "lorra lorra laughs". I remember evenings in front of the telly saying things like "NO don't pick number 3, are you mad!?" They never listened.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: RIP Cilla Black

I can't say I was ever an aficionado of her dating shows. Not my cup of tea, at all. To me, cringeworthy, in fact. But then, it takes all sorts, I guess.

Her singing, on the other hand .... one hell of a great performer.

I met her a few times, too, first time being as a young man, at the stage door of the Palladium, seeking an autograph. It was a filthy night, absolutely chucking it down, and I thanked her for the autograph and made some remark about getting drenched in the rain being worth it. She asked where I was heading, and I told her, teain North. "King's Cross?" she asked. When I said yes, she said "That's my car, 'op in, Luv, I'll drop yer on my way."

She was still a BIG pop star at the time, though it was tail-end of pop popularity by then .... not tgat we knew tgat then. For those too young to remember those days, it's kinda like getting offered a lift by Taylor Swift in those circumstances.

And in that 15 minute ride, she just chatted with me like I was an old mate.

Met her briefly a couple of times after that, one years later and she remembered that night, and laughed about it. Despite the success, she was one really nice, really genuine lady.

Fantastic voice, too. Few singers seem to be able to maintain presence and atmosphere from whisper-quiet to rattling windows, and by 'eck could she belt 'em out when she wanted.

RIP, Cilla. You'll be badly missed here. And thanks for everything, from that lift to great songs.

5. Received thanks from:

Galant (02-08-2015),gupsterg (02-08-2015),Jonj1611 (02-08-2015),Nelly. (03-08-2015),Peter Parker (02-08-2015)

Thread Information