Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is Trump for real?

Spreadie

Re: is Trump for real?

Quote Originally Posted by malarkey95 View Post
    Trump could revive America. Hell obama was the worst and had all the makings of a dictator! Continuous executive orders, ex judicial killings of american citizens, punitive punishments for anyone who crosses him personally look what happened to dinesh d'souza. Obamas speech techniques straight from Goebbels playbook.
    I would be more worried by the hunchback of vermont aka bernimodo he is the king of mediocrity. Also Hillary is dangerous.
    This thread made it a whole three months before someone invoked Godwin. I had such high hopes.

2. Received thanks from:

nichomach (09-03-2016)

Thanks

Cruz campaign ad. Not exactly how the British would do it.

If I were voting I'd be having a long, hard look at Cruz, but personally, I found this ad off-putting (and I would never, in a million years, vote Hilary).

Not sure if this crosses a line so warning on the audio which repeatedly uses the word 'Damn'.

Last edited by Galant; 07-03-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Cruz campaign ad. Not exactly how the British would do it.

If I were voting I'd be having a long, hard look at Cruz, but personally, I found this ad off-putting (and I would never, in a million years, vote Hilary).

Not sure if this crosses a line so warning on the audio which repeatedly uses the word 'Damn'.
    You wouldn't have to look at Cruz for very long. I know you're a Christian, but there's Christian and then there's crazy religious lunatic.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Reminds me of a pic I seen a few days ago on Twitter I think it was

007.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee View Post
    You wouldn't have to look at Cruz for very long. I know you're a Christian, but there's Christian and then there's crazy religious lunatic.

Whatever else might be the problem with Cruz that video hardly seems informative - sinister music and about 10 seconds worth of actual footage of Cruz? I'd even fact check the Swanson clip since the editing could be cherry picking. Either way, it doesn't surprise me that potential candidates would take any opportunity to try to secure votes by showing up at events of those who are deemed to be more likely supporters.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

If people think our politics is right wing,then you need to consider that BOTH the Democrats and Republicans are far more right wing than even the Conservatives over here,and a number of the Republican candidates like Trump and Cruz are so to the right they make people like Clinton look like the Green Party and she is still very right wing in comparison.

FFS,even Nigel Farage has criticised some of what Trump and co have said and UKIP is more right wing than the conservatives.

US politics is extremely petty and they just seem to want to outdo themselves in the gaffs and attacks they put on their competitors,which makes what we see here look very mild in comparison. Add all the outright lies and distortion of facts heaped against competitors on both sides and even Putin would be proud.

Its incredibly scary when this is all for the presidency of a country that can destablise or destroy any other country on the planet at ease and has the biggest nuclear weapons stockpile too,and the most foreign bases of any military on the planet. It has the largest expeditionary forces of any country and has more aircraft carriers and nuclear attack submarines than the REST of the world combined. The US Navy itself is one of the biggest airforces in the world.

It only takes one entire nutjob to get into power, who can use events and the media to twist public perception ,and I hate to think what the US could do.

After all Dubya got voted into power and got messages from God apparently(his own words) to invade Iraq,which didn't make a bad situation even worse at all,did it??

But on the flipside he didn't seem as bad as some of the lot which are running for the presidency now. That's not a good thing.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 08-03-2016 at 01:18 AM.

8. Received thanks from:

nichomach (09-03-2016)

Thanks

Whatever else might be the problem with Cruz that video hardly seems informative - sinister music and about 10 seconds worth of actual footage of Cruz? I'd even fact check the Swanson clip since the editing could be cherry picking. Either way, it doesn't surprise me that potential candidates would take any opportunity to try to secure votes by showing up at events of those who are deemed to be more likely supporters.
    It was a real event, and the footage is accurate: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/op...ay-pastor.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee View Post
    It was a real event, and the footage is accurate: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/op...ay-pastor.html
    This is a side track, but I'm not convinced by that video of anything other than the fact that Cruz, along with others, spoke at an event centered around a debate on religious freedoms and which featured a speaker who holds politically incorrect (but not, as far as I can tell, murderous) views. It just strikes me a mud-slinging attempt during campaign time where, as they say, if you throw enough you hope some of it sticks. I've neither seen nor read anything that specifically ties Ted Cruz to any particularly scary beliefs. It just looks like media spin. Even Swanson's views look like they could have been misrepresented. All in all, I find little that would condemn Cruz here. My guess is that at events with multiple speakers the speakers aren't there to listen, they'll show up, say their bit, and then leave. I doubt they'd be interested in listening to what all the other speakers had to say.
    Last edited by Galant; 08-03-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    If people think our politics is right wing,then you need to consider that BOTH the Democrats and Republicans are far more right wing than even the Conservatives over here,and a number of the Republican candidates like Trump and Cruz are so to the right they make people like Clinton look like the Green Party and she is still very right wing in comparison.

FFS,even Nigel Farage has criticised some of what Trump and co have said and UKIP is more right wing than the conservatives.
    I guess this is why 'liberal' in America is basically associated with being slightly more to the left, when in reality you can be a far right liberal or far left authoritarian.

Thanks

While I would agree that America, in general, is to the right of the UK I would add that I suspect there's also a question of the playing field being wider. There are those who are as far to the left as the UK or further, but lots of people further to the right.

Then there's the question of left/right culturally, economically etc.

All in all, I'd say it's worth noting that the political landscape in the USA is more diverse than in the UK.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

While I would agree that America, in general, is to the right of the UK I would add that I suspect there's also a question of the playing field being wider. There are those who are as far to the left as the UK or further, but lots of people further to the right.

Then there's the question of left/right culturally, economically etc.

All in all, I'd say it's worth noting that the political landscape in the USA is more diverse than in the UK.
    But also unlike the UK,two major parties dominate to the extent that the others are minor - Labour and The Conservatives don't dominate to the extent The Republicans and The Democrats do in the US,both of which are more right wing than The Conservatives.

You only need to look at how Obama was portrayed as some sort of communist by both parties for enacting healthcare reforms for poorer people so they had better access to healthcare.

These sorts of things would not have even batted any eyelid under any conservative or labour government in the last 30 years here.

FFS,Farage wouldn't be considered far right by US standards.

Thanks

This is a side track, but I'm not convinced by that video of anything other than the fact that Cruz, along with others, spoke at an event centered around a debate on religious freedoms and which featured a speaker who holds politically incorrect (but not, as far as I can tell, murderous) views. It just strikes me a mud-slinging attempt during campaign time where, as they say, if you throw enough you hope some of it sticks. I've neither seen nor read anything that specifically ties Ted Cruz to any particularly scary beliefs. It just looks like media spin. Even Swanson's views look like they could have been misrepresented. All in all, I find little that would condemn Cruz here. My guess is that at events with multiple speakers the speakers aren't there to listen, they'll show up, say their bit, and then leave. I doubt they'd be interested in listening to what all the other speakers had to say.
    Swanson organized the event and invited Ted Cruz and the other speakers.

There's plenty more than this to link Ted Cruz to scary beliefs, after all, the entire 'Religious Liberty' movement is about opposing religious liberty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    But also unlike the UK,two major parties dominate to the extent that the others are minor - Labour and The Conservatives don't dominate to the extent The Republicans and The Democrats do in the US,both of which are more right wing than The Conservatives.

You only need to look at how Obama was portrayed as some sort of communist by both parties for enacting healthcare reforms for poorer people so they had better access to healthcare.

These sorts of things would not have even batted any eyelid under any conservative or labour government in the last 30 years here.

FFS,Farage wouldn't be considered far right by US standards.

What the healthcare reforms in the US actually did was to require everybody to buy health insurance or face a financial penalty. The people who really benefit are the owners of insurance companies. If an extreme right, conservative party developed a healthcare plan, this is what it would look like. Obama took the worst healthcare system in the developed world and made it worse. Why he's painted as a communist I have no idea.

What the US needs is a well-run single payer healthcare system, but that's something it will never have.

16. Received thanks from:

nichomach (09-03-2016)

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable

I agree that single payer would be much better, but sometimes politics is the art of the possible. I don't think *anyone* in the US could get a single-payer scheme through. Look at the number of states that flat out refused to implement the expansion to Medicaid (which was federally funded) and would have meant health coverage being extended to thousands that couldn't afford it otherwise; that was purely ideological. I think the telling fact is that ObamaCare basically took a Republican policy from Romney in Massachusetts (partly, I think, to come up with something that the Republicans would at least not oppose too violently) and attempted to expand it; at which point it became (according to Republicans) a Communist plot, the advent of a Fascist dictatorship, or the final victory of the Lizard People. OK, I made one of those up, but spotting which isn't as easy as you'd think, eh?

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Erm.. ? Is Trump winning America over?

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Erm.. ? Is Trump winning America over?
    America would be a bit premature, since America != Republicans.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information