Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I happened to find the first salesman in history who had no interest in making money

Thanks

Re: I happened to find the first salesman in history who had no interest in making mo

Quote Originally Posted by hb904460 View Post
    Sorry, i am not up to speed on the legal side, but if you are not happy with your purchase and it is within 14 days why dont you just return it? Maybe they will waive the restocking fee if you purchase a different tv from them? There is no harm in asking and there is little point sticking with something you are unhappy with, especially when you will look at it for many hours.
    there's no statutory right to return items bought instore unless they are faulty. the right you refer to applies for goods bought online only

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Re: I happened to find the first salesman in history who had no interest in making mo

I don't know about "no interest in making money" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    ... I went in for a sammy quantum dot, the Sony was recommended after I couldn't get a non-curved QD in the size I want ...
    ... so you went to the store for a particular product (Samsung Quantum Dot, non-curved QD, particular size), you couldn't get that product, and you still walked out having made a large purchase you were happy with. I'd say he was a great salesman There was no way for him to know you'd be happier with the 49" without you saying something (or him being psychic...!).

Hindsight's a pig, but I suspect working in retail is worse. It always amazes me that people manage to get through a shift and still smile at the end of the day. And you get annoying buggers like me snooping on you occasionally. What a life...

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Hahaha I was actually in the middle of walking out because I couldn't get what I wanted, but my dad is getting my old set as his is on the fritz, and I could see he was a little bit gutted about not getting it, so I walked up, pointed to the sony, said "that any good?" "yup" "screw it then gimme that one".

Also at the mo I'm now happy with the size, I did the measurements ands the 49" just makes it too much of my field of vision.

I made sure to get rid of the box as well so there's no chance of changing my mind now ha.

Weird thing is, it's an android TV, which I thought meant I could get the same apps as a phone, but it's nowt like that at all, wee bit gutted.

But then again I am using it as a PC screen so why would I need to use the apps...wow I whinge about the weirdest things.

Just waiting for the 1080Ti to drop so I can do some 4K gaming - Civ VI does fine, everything else you have to drop the settings right down. But it does 90hz@1080p which I have been LOVING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information