Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argggghhhh: UK Customer Service sucks!

Thanks

Argggghhhh: UK Customer Service sucks!

Hi there,
    I moved to the UK from Canada back in September and I have come to realize something: Customer Service here sucks big time.

At first, I didn't want to generalize cause I figured it was just one or two companies, but as time has gone on, I've realized it's always bad, it's just a question of how bad it is. For some reason, people just don't give a **** what your problem is, even if it is their personal fault. They couldn't care less. I always try to be polite but it can be so hard to keep calm when someone is a total idiot and can't do a simple task that defines their very job. The thing that pisses me off the most is that no matter how badly they or their company has screwed up, they NEVER EVER apologize. I honestly don't care if they personally hate me, but the companies should be telling their employees to apologize for mistakes. The apology comes from the company, not from the individual. But yet, I never receive any apologies for screw ups, and boy, have there been a lot of screw ups.

I don't want to go into too many details about what's gone wrong, because hey, mistakes happen everywhere. But what defines good customer service is realizing you've made a mistake, apologizing for it, and then attempting to rectify the situation. All three of those have been sorely lacking in any encounter I've had with company employees. After all, I'm offering my hard earned money in exchange for these services, so the least they could do is pretend to be grateful and provide me with the service I deserve.

In a particular order of hatred (first being most hated), these are some companies I have had the distinct displeasure of dealing with: NTL, Tekheads.co.uk, Parcel Force, City Link, DHL, Overclockers.co.uk.

To all Brits: Don't settle for mediocrity, Customer Service can be a hell of a lot better. I also know it can be a hell of a lot worse though, Italy probably has the worst customer service in the history of the universe.

That is all,
    Adrian

P.S. If anyone knows of any computer e-tailers in the UK with oustanding customer service (especially dealing with RMAs), I'd love to hear from you. I've seen the rankings here on Hexus and I honestly can't believe Tekheads has such a high rating (4.3/5.0) after the way I've been treated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asmielia

P.S. If anyone knows of any computer e-tailers in the UK with oustanding customer service (especially dealing with RMAs), I'd love to hear from you.
    Kustom but you will pay a little more & have a little less choice.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

bored out of my tiny mind malfunction's Avatar
    Thanks
    • malfunction's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G1.Sniper (with daft heatsinks and annoying Killer NIC)
      • CPU:
      • Xeon X5670 (6 core LGA 1366) @ 4.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 48GB DDR3 1600 (6 * 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 840 Evo + 1TB 850 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 290X
      • PSU:
      • Antec True Power New 750W
      • Case:
      • Cooltek W2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H
    Yes - Kustom are said to be good and I found them to be excellent on the only order I've placed with them so far.

Thanks
    I think you've just picked about the worst companies you could for customer service
    I've never had a beef with City Link though, but my dealings with them are normally on the level of *hand over delivery slip* wait 2 minutes whilst Frank Spencer clangs his way around warehouse *walk out door with parcel*.

NTL are horrific for customer service. When i moved into my house we kept getting bills for the bloke who lived there before. For about a year it carried on, and on. We sent the letters back with 'not at this address'. We sat on the phone waiting for hours to tell them he didnt live there anymore - to which we were told only he can change his account details, if you can get him to ring us.. blah blah.
    Finally we got a red letter for it, threatening bailiffs would be coming round, and through the letter window we could finally see the amount... £2.57. They must have pissed away twenty times that in paper and man hours with the amount of letters they sent us in order to get paid their £2.57.
    Anyway as you can imagine I wasnt best pleased with having a red letter sent to my address which had nothing to do with me. It wasn't until i spoke to one of the manager monkeys and threatened legal action should i find that this letter has dropped my credit rating. He suddenly became very apologetic and the letters stopped. I cancelled my NTL account the next day.

Basically NTL treat you like scum.

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants
    Aria come highly recommended in my books too. along with komplett.

bored out of my tiny mind malfunction's Avatar
    Thanks
    • malfunction's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G1.Sniper (with daft heatsinks and annoying Killer NIC)
      • CPU:
      • Xeon X5670 (6 core LGA 1366) @ 4.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 48GB DDR3 1600 (6 * 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 840 Evo + 1TB 850 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 290X
      • PSU:
      • Antec True Power New 750W
      • Case:
      • Cooltek W2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H
    Aye. I have never had a problem with Komplett either and have used them for loads of personal and work orders. I personally have had some problems with Scan in the past but both Scan and Komplett have support forums here and deserve credit and recognition for having the balls to accept customer queries and complaints in a public manner.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    yup, scan have done me well in the recent past, having on-line presence here is a massive boost no doubt, 'cause at the end of the day if it looks like a company doesn't give a damn then no one's going to go there...