Hi guys, wow some forum here.
Right this problem has been plaguing me for ages now, my specs are on the left, and I am running Windows Xp Pro Sp2, I am behind a NetGear Router, of which I am hardwired too, and my partner runs Wireless on her DS and Laptop.
So onwards with my issue, on Test Drive Unlimited, and only Test Drive Unlimited revving certain cars to and above 4,500rpm or where boost kicks in, in 3rd gear or above brings a popping sound, to best describe it, it's like 0.5seconds of sound missing each 4seconds.. or less, it is rather irritating in Ferrari 280GTO have to run with Nightwish playing over the engine sound because it does get on your nerves.
My sound card is the X-Fi 7.1 Audio, so far to fix this issue I have tried.
Moving down from Windows Vista RC1 Sp1 to Windows XP Pro Sp2
Updating my bios to the beta latest...
Updating all Creative Drivers to latest.
Moving the Sound Card OUT of the pc and removing all drivers related, and using onboard
Reinstalling Direct X,
Reinstalling the game after using a patch from another location *1.66a patch required for online play*
Disabling all hardware acceleration on the game.
I've tried asking on the Atari forums for TDU but have had little advice other than it must be my pc and that then it was my soundcard.. when proven it was a issue with the game I got silence.
So I am wondering if their is something I have missed in trying to nail down what is causing this issue, the few things I can think off are.
1) Motherboard Drivers even though I have updated them something could be wrong.
2) Problem with the game, sadly Atari are less than useful on their forums so I am limited in what to test probe and tweak
*god that is a long post...sorry*