As you know Gainward used to be one of the best graphics card suppliers. In my estimation theyve dropped to a bunch of no good plonkers and heres why.
I had been having the dreaded pink screen problem on my TI4200 card and finally decided enough was enough and tried to see if OCUK could help. I bought it off them in July 2002 and the card itself had a 3 year warrenty.
They pointed me to Gainwards UK operation. After numerous unanswered calls and no reply to loads of emails I stumbled across their Europeean division and dropped them an email. To my surprise I got a response within hours. A RMA had been given and all I had to do was complete the formalities before sending my package to Germany.
The royal mail advised me my package had arrived in Germany on the 8th of Jan 3 days after I sent it. So 1 week later I email them and they tell me they are behind due to christmas returns (boy are they having a bad time of it!!!) so a further week later I get the same response.... 3 and a half week later I get the same runaround and then decide to send an email to their MD and a few other people on their so called board.
The response again was instant and I was told to my surprise my card was fixed and is on its way back to me. Hmmm I thought how odd was it to tell me that they were behind on RMAs only to then get it sorted within half a day.
So 2 days later I get the card. Through the anti static bag I could see that they had put on a new fan and a few capacitors had been changed. When I got it outta the bag though the fan immediatley fell off and 2 black plastic things and a few springs also came out.
I expressed my concerns to Gainward last thursday in en email to their MD and board members. I even put a read receipt on it and got acknowledgement that they had read it. But nothing not a dickie bird no replies at all.
Its really sad when the returns process of a company break down to the point that it looks like theyve rushed teh RMA through and couldnt be bothered to do a decent job. Im now left with a card that has no fan therefore Im not gonna use it until its resolved.
What do you reckon my options are?